Americans sign the receipt in shops

>Americans sign the receipt in shops

LMAO

Attached: macgpic-1529565365-3290352303178007-sc-jpt.jpg (1000x563, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/4/12/17225554/credit-card-signatures-us-ending-companies-pin-emv-chip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.
I refuse to believe. Give proofs

Y-you don't?

It's only if their bank wants a signature for some reason
Most people don't have to
Every day I get 1 or 2 people who have to and I usually just throw the receipt in the trash anyway
t. cashier

What always confused me in American movies and shows is when people "do taxes". What the fuck does that mean? How does one "do taxes" and why aren't they calculated automatically with the price plus tax on the bills?

hehe whoops
threw*
former cashier*
Haven't been one for like 2 years
Not sales tax, retard

You have to do that when you make a return or they double charged you and you got back everywhere no?

>Not sales tax
Is that supposed to be an answer? What does it mean when an American spends his evening "doing taxes"? Retard.

Why do Americans tip, wasn't the foreskin enough?

Oh, user, you don't want to know about that complete shitshow. It stays because lobbying, just like most other strange American policies.

Same in Canada. If you have a new credit card, or you're paying with cash, you have to sign. Also, if you buy boxed milk cartons, you have to sign 2 separate receipts that say you accept to pay the "cardboard tax". It's why most of us just buy milk in bags.

It takes like 10 minutes, you fill out 2-3 forms putting down your income.

>boxed milk

Attached: 1538262617942.jpg (228x221, 17K)

>and why aren't they calculated automatically with the price plus tax on the bills?
This is not the "taxes" people are doing
Doing taxes means you're filling forms out to see how much you owe in taxes to the government

As an America-pro, I can tell you that american companies don't pay the taxes people have on their income so peoe have to manually and individually deal with the burocracy and math of having to pay taxes on income.

Literally no store here gives a receipt so it's ok. They only hand ones when you buy with a card

Are you referring to income taxes?

>tfw have to disclose that I collected 2ml of rainwater when I dropped my open cup of Shartz XL

Attached: americanfamily.jpg (576x432, 81K)

>Literally no store here gives a receipt so it's ok
Based desu

It was so weird going to Canada and seeing bagged milk in common places like grocery stores and gas stations.

>this is how Canada consumes its milk

Attached: Z6mmNIF_d.jpg (640x480, 18K)

People in Spain had to do this with credit cards in the past but I think it's not needed now

I remember back in the day, you had to sign the receipt if you pay with card.
But at some point they just stop asking for this.

>bag milk
Done here also in 70s.

Our bank cards have computer chips so we don't do that magnetic stripe +signing thing anymore.

That's income tax, it's something you do once a year.

Cards without chips still a thing?

American infrastructure turns third world all over the place.

If they are then even we don't have them anymore.

Speaking of cards, is it true that in America credit cards don't have pin numbers?

They are only starting to get the ones with chips in America

Over here restaurants sign receipts for customers that have their own business/have meal paid for by their company

theverge.com/2018/4/12/17225554/credit-card-signatures-us-ending-companies-pin-emv-chip

ATMs ceased to have stripe reader around 10 years ago but some gas stations still have it.
Must give skimmers a chance.

Attached: 13-3-9564703.jpg (1198x674, 93K)

Not true.

Damn, America is trully is special place.
Here most of the banks issue contactless cards only.

I haven't had to sign on any sort of purchase in years. Where do Euros get their knowledge of America?

It feels like it's been at least five years that we've had chips

>contactless cards
I hope there is option for a regular card when my current card expires in 2020. I'm tired of wrapping everything in tin foil.

I think that's about right.

If you are really paranoid you can get these things, they cannot be skimmed which in itself doesn't even work.

Attached: c-silver_3[1].jpg (700x700, 18K)

I pay with phone. Pretty useful, especially if you have many cards.

I'm only rarely asked for a signature and I assume it's just places that have older systems.

>have credit card with chip
>have to sign the receipt
>no PIN
what the fuck is this mutt credit card i have

Which solution do you use? Apple Pay?

>tfw never seen bag milk
west coast best coast

Bagged milk should be fine and I'm sure it is, but it would just feel so ghetto to buy it that way. It seems gross for absolutely no real reason.

>bagged milk cheaper in my country too
i don't even know where i live anymore

We don't have bagged milk in Brazil, but we do have bagged yogurt that looks just like

Sounds like buying bagged water or bagged whisky desu

>phone pay
Are you zoomer?

Chip mean nothing if payment is done with stripe.

Samsung Pay. Because I own Samsung. There is no big difference, other that I can use it with old terminals who not support contactless.

Bank-spesific application.

i'm pretty damn sure they don't swipe. i've had to wipe the chip for the machine to read it, and even then i still have to sign

seems like such a foreign concept to me, I only found out eastern canada does it from Jow Forums.

Drinks taste worse from a plastic bottle. I imagine the plastic bag taints the taste even more. Does it?

it does taste better when it comes off a carton, yeah

Nice, Samsung Pay is almost unused in France for the moment.

Can you pay abroad with it?

had a dialogue with a bank girl yesterday, was getting a new card which i won't likely use:
- so can i turn off that contactless thingy?
- i don't know, probably in the app, you are the first to ask...
- what's the limit on it?
- i am not sure, supposed to be 1000 rubles (15.25$) but some shops can pass a 10000 rubles payment
- so if i lose it and somebody finds, he can either use all my money by 1000 or even 10000 rubles payments not even knowing my pin?
(she apparently has a contactless card herself, myself i use a not signed not contactless mastercard btw)
- that would be terrible, i have to find out about it...

No, I'm millennial. What wrong with phone pay?

Bagged alcohol works well, it just needs the right sort of "bag", desu.

Attached: 5310786-3x2-large.jpg (700x467, 40K)

based and redpilled

Attached: patrician feel.jpg (312x401, 31K)

bagged milk is ok, not like you drink it from glass bottles with a cork anyway, a bag or a cardboard box, who cares

>be American
>Have no savings
>Buy a chocolate bar
>Calculate GST
>Calculate interest
>Calculate 17.5% tip to reflect service
>Sign receipt

Attached: Funny-Fart-Meme-Dave-Says-Look-What-Fart-Sniffing-Has-Done-For-Me-Picture.jpg (426x640, 44K)

It's called a candy bar in America

We also say chocolate bar. Wtf was the point of this post familia?

I realize I'm opening the door to a whole different set of America memes here, but we usually need to sign our receipts from restaurants because that's how we indicate and authorize the tip amount.

>be American
>be forced to make purchases with your Chase Freedom® card to improve your credit score

Attached: 1537032047965.png (600x580, 572K)

Do euro cunts not use a credit reporting system?

I lived for years in the U.S., in CA, CO, ND, UT, ME, and TN, it is universally called a candy bar.

>"Americans generally use the expression 'candy bar' to describe what consumers in the United Kingdom call a 'chocolate bar'. The British use of 'candy' corresponds to its traditional meaning: a sweet made from sugar, water and flavouring, with no chocolate involved."

Candy bar is more common but I promise you we use both. Not that it seems particularly worthy of argument.

People tip here too for some dumb reason. My parents do it all the time.

No lol, anyway in France we only use debit cards

I have a couple credit cards that I use on shit like utilities and gas, only to turn around and pay them off in full each month. That's just part of the game here because it raises your credit score. It's stupid. Only a retard here uses a credit card to spend money that he doesn't actually have. Debit cards should be all anyone needs.

Americans have to jump through so many hoops to live a normal life, it's kind of amazing.

>build credit score to buy a house someday
>get into huge debt to attend college
>buy a car if you want to go anywhere
>use a fake ID to buy booze because you're only 20 years old lol
>etc.

It's true dude and it all seems so normal to us. It's all about rich bankers making more money. I admit I am definitely a car guy though.

No.
And you don't get better loans by having a loan before.

Wtf? Are you serious?

>get into huge debt to attend college
Only applies for poor people, and who really gives a shit about some sub iq niggers or trailer trash

Was so fucking annoying living in Europe for a long time but using American cards sometimes. Everytime I’d use an American card I’d have to sign for some reason. Like to spotlight I’m an American

I agree with cars and credit. I got a fake ID just to show off to bitches. Never used it once lol. But the student debt is not true. Only retards get in major debt.