Why haven't the Irish done anything to revive the Irish language...

Why haven't the Irish done anything to revive the Irish language? Nearly every other European country speaks it's own language and has no problems

Attached: 1200px-Ireland_(MODIS).jpg (1200x1650, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9KzmZ17uD1M
youtube.com/watch?v=t4F_fE6TXw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why the fuck are you asking Jow Forums, it's your country why don't you ask your friends why they don't speak Irish. Oh wait you don't have any

oh no..

Attached: 9b6ab7c9a137c32696a32f99d1c12cf9.jpg (1280x484, 112K)

>Why are they trying to discuss language and culture on an imageboard dedicated to discussing language and culture?
Fuck off retarded shitposter

How do I tell the difference between homosexual Irishmen and Dubliners, Jow Forums?

Attached: 12463121.jpg (250x236, 7K)

Consider pic related.

Attached: 1488079353363_crop.png (1254x1010, 159K)

THERE THE SAME THING HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Some would say that there is no difference, I wish that were true for if it were, Dublin would be depopulated in a generation.

Anglo bulls are forced to pleasure and impregnate Dublin women

Ah yes, it all makes sense now.

The next official language of Ireland will be Polish
Screencap this

Attached: 1464275638024.jpg (1444x1440, 182K)

Because there's no fucking point. Our schools don't know how to teach the language either. How can all of us spend nearly 10 years learning Irish yet hardly speak it?

wouldn't even surprise me you poles are better at emigrating then the irish

>How can all of us spend nearly 10 years learning Irish yet hardly speak it?
A 92 IQ that has left us lazy when it comes to mental effort?

They teach Irish for 10 years in the Netherlands?

>Why haven't the Irish done anything to revive the Irish language?
Fucker ITS ALL THEY DO
seriously why does the irish goberment always larp as Irish speakers?

ireland has a small enough population that it could potentially be viable to revive it to at least some extent. Unleash yourself from the anglo shackles
>tfw that guy will die in your lifetime
feels good

A native Irish speaker actually died recently

youtu.be/9KzmZ17uD1M

the dublin one has a sex life
the homosexual irishmen post on /éire/ about old shitty anime

Road signs and it's taught in schools alongside English.

Because we still live under AOG and the necessary cultural revolution was stabbed in the back in the 20s in favour of preserving the collaborator and colonist elite rather than dispossessing and destroying them as they should have been.
Now we're more firmly under American cultural influence than ever, and even if there was a government with the right ideas, it would have no freedom of action because of the American "NGO" deep state and the similar entity called the EU.

or maybe you're just lazy

not knowing that map shows that towns became bigger thus the use of the gaeilge is more localized rather than wide spread.
you moron.

state of this deluded paddy

Attached: 1503396029227.jpg (2544x4000, 732K)

if you want something to be popular it needs to be worth something to people.
MONEY.
POWER.
VAGINA.
OIL.
im jk but seriously if you want irish revived you need to make it "cool" like that kawaii shit and make the gaeilge speaking areas lucrative.
like set up a business there or maybe making easy songs full of irish.
i mean everybody knows the anthem in irish right?

>deluded paddy
at least ya called me a paddy. Bit weird how you are too slow to realize more people moved to towns and cities rather than the country.

Accept English in your heart, Anglo domination is unstoppable

Say that once you are the last of the Mehicans.

yes and they spoke english in those towns patrick

not to mention language = identity and identity = a strong nation.
Britain is losing its identity to these foreigners and it shows.
London was murder capital of the world recently. Thats a symptom of cultural enrichment.

ive been there and they fucking dont.
In most of the towns on that map you can hear them speak gaeilge it gets thicker the more west you go.

well i'll take your word for it but it's the first i've ever heard someone claim that

Why not make the language mandatory in schools

If everyone moved to the towns and everyone in the towns speaks the language, then why is the Irish language always being referred to as dead by Irish people?

Attached: 1524382197031.jpg (433x380, 26K)

youtube.com/watch?v=t4F_fE6TXw0
What are they saying, /eire/?

>is british cant comprehend the language in typed form.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Why is the irish flag so ugly?

It really does your country an injustice.

Scotland, Wales, N.I., and England all have nice flags.

It's north Ireland's fault. They ought to revert to the harp on the green field, instead the current tricolor represents peace between the green catholics and the orange protestants. Their flag is a symbolic civil war.

ANGLO'd

Irish people are so cucked. All Celts are. They are all basically glorified Anglos. The Irish language is past the point of saving, they should just give up. Sad, but true.

Attached: Capture.png (1167x101, 26K)

wrong pic baka.

Attached: Capture 2.png (1240x120, 32K)

Tbh it's better that you keep english at a native speaker level in Ireland. This way you can always pass for an Anglo, tune on Beady FM, infiltrate their ranks and pass on the info to us or to the Luftwaffe.
You can always speak that gaelic lingo when going picking shamrocks to the hills of Connemara and so on, but that won't make you any more irish at heart though.

>Ireland is the old sow that eats her farrow
-James Joyce

it will

language is the vehicle of culture, without it it withers and slowly dies

Not at all. A walloon will always spite on your frog face while speaking french language and being proud of his culture and traditions. Nor does a french speaker guy from Mali share anything cultural with France at all.

Language does not decisively determine neither culture nor identity.

based