Why does this country exist? Is it not German clay? Where I’m from it’s just seen as classier but less relevant Germany

Why does this country exist? Is it not German clay? Where I’m from it’s just seen as classier but less relevant Germany.

Attached: AB7BAED5-0425-48B3-8632-EB48BF1C61FE.jpg (622x435, 87K)

GROOOBBBBEEEZZZEEE GERRRRMMMMAAAAAMMIIIUUUMMMPRRRRUUUSSEEEENNNDDEEUUTTTTSSSCCHHLLLAAAANNDDDIIIUUUMMMSS!!!!
EEEPPPPIIICCCC!!

Attached: 265357f98a20a72dce8f4748741504860613aa9604a1ef9b96460050882a001c.jpg (900x1200, 223K)

It's Germany's evil twin

Its better Germany

lmao west virginia isnt a country

Hungarians are just a sopping wet fuck hole vessel for other countries like Hungary or Germany to dominate and make useful every once in a while. The Austrians always have their legs spread open for big superpower cock.

why do austrians and (german-speaking) swiss identify as ethnically austrian and swiss and not german?

koreans in both koreas indetify as ethnically korean even if they're not the same country. same with taiwanese and mainland chinese.

Austria is to germany what israel is to america.
The small mastermind behind the curtains

*austrians, fuck

Yes it is

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 8.39.43 PM.png (1810x1068, 3.12M)

fuck

They’re germans who didn’t join up with the rest of grrmany because the allies didn’t want germany completly united and because austrians didn’t want to be associated with nazis even though they welcomed annexation and cooperated with nazis

Because Allies convinced/indoctrinated them that they aren't German. Before 1945 they wanted to be part of a Germany, since the 19th century.

can you write something about me next?

They have their own distinct history.

>t. Friedrich Wilhelm von Hohenzollern

Germany should annex it, they are ethnically the same after all.

It's funny how people call Austria "Germany Jr.", or "fake Germany". In reality, Germany's the "fake" one. Austria has existed as a nation for hundreds of years. It used to one of the continent's dominant powers. Germany is the artificial country, cobbled together from a bunch of disparate city-states, free-states, kingdoms and duchies. It didn't even exist until the late 19th century.

This tbqh.

>why do austrians and (german-speaking) swiss identify as ethnically austrian and swiss and not german?
The same reason you don't identify as a Spaniard.

Mountains. All alpine people are friends

Attached: 1536005257443.jpg (567x510, 143K)

which is

Kys We had a Kingdom since the partition of Francia, Otto the Great was King of Germany until he got crowned Emperor. Austria at this time was a mere dutchy and a part of Bavaria.
No shit modern nation-states are young.

Not really a fair comparison. Swiss Germans and Austrians cluster together very strongly with Germans genetically speaking. Mexicians are mestizos.

cope

You're not a Spaniard. You may speak the same language, follow the same religion and share some similar customs, but you're still fundamentally different countries with different histories. Same goes with Austria and Germany. They developed in different ways over the centuries. The Austrians have traditionally looked east towards Hungary and the Balkans to exert their power and influence. Germans have traditionally looked West. Much of Austria's history has also been defined by their rivalry with the Turks. The same can't be said of Germany. Moreover, the ethnicity argument doesn't really hold up. Northern Germans are ethnically different to Bavarians, let alone Austrians. There is no singular "Germanic" ethnic group and trying to forge a nation out of such a nebulous and arbitrary concept, doesn't make any sense.

>S
>E
>E
>T
>H
>I
>N
>G
Truth hurts, boyo.

>american region knows austria exists or anything about it

stop right there. americans still think germans are lederhosen wearing, goose-stepping blondes who drink beer all the time. how the fuck would they know anything about austria other than thinking its somewhere in the pacific?

honestly this

>Germany is the artificial country, cobbled together from a bunch of disparate city-states, free-states, kingdoms and duchies. It didn't even exist until the late 19th century
Every Holy Roman Emperor was King of Germany first.

>There is no singular "Germanic" ethnic group and trying to forge a nation out of such a nebulous and arbitrary concept, doesn't make any sense.
It worked for France and Britain

Don't forget China and Russia

Not really. Throughout European history, language and religion have always been the determining factors of what constituted a nation. Which "ethnic group" you belonged to, didn't really factor into it. That's honestly more of a modern phenomenon.

Because thats what da natsees did

Swiss Germans and Austrians are Celts, while Prussians are Slavs
Only the Saxons(from actual saxony, not the 2 fake ones) and Hessians are Germanic

>Throughout European history, language and religion have always been the determining factors of what constituted a nation.
But Austrians have always spoken German, compare that with France which had a population made up of Occitans and even Bretons who were from a whole different language tree. Any Frenchie on here today would never say those groups are anything but French.

When Germany united they didn't want Austria to be a part of the empire because Austrians were Catholics

Attached: Austria.png (1022x578, 164K)

>When Germany united they didn't want Austria to be a part of the empire because Austrians were Catholics
It was more because Austrians didn't want to separate from their crumbling empire of malcontent Slavs.

>France which had a population made up of Occitans and even Bretons who were from a whole different language tree. Any Frenchie on here today would never say those groups are anything but French.
But that's my point. Over the past couple of centuries, the French Republic have all but wiped out the minority languages within their borders, in the process of "Frenchifying" their Germanic and Celtic regions. These people are seen as French now, because they speak French and pledge their loyalty to France. Their ethnicity was never the thing that precluded them from being seen as Frenchmen. Only their language was. On the other hand, Austria speaks German because that's the region of Europe where the language developed over the centuries. Unlike, say, the Bretons in France, thet don't speak it because they were strong-armed by Germany.

Nah its just the truth, every Holy Roman Emperor was King of Germany first (with some exceptions), the borders of this Kingdom were defined already in the 10th century and mostly overlap with modern Germany so....

Germany is just a renamed Prussia

>On the other hand, Austria speaks German because that's the region of Europe where the language developed over the centuries.
High German developed primarily in Swabia and Franconia.

I should've been more clear. When I said "that's the region of Europe where the language developed", I meant the general region that now constitutes the modern nation-states of Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein etc. Not Austria itself.

>When I said "that's the region of Europe where the language developed", I meant the general region that now constitutes the modern nation-states of Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein etc. Not Austria itself.
But that applies to France as well... and Spain especially, as they're still not linguistically united to this day. Are you claiming Catalans aren't Spanish?

this is true.

t. 2nd generation burger

>But that applies to France as well... and Spain especially, as they're still not linguistically united to this day.
Of course it does. I never implied otherwise. European borders have chopped and changed countless times over the millennia. But my point was that the origins of the German language predate the modern entities of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Therefore, the argument that "they all speak the same language, so they should all become one country" isn't a very good one.

>Are you claiming Catalans aren't Spanish?
I don't have to. Many of them would make that claim themselves.

they keep it down just in case
don't forget germans are always obeying their austrian masters

>Many of them would make that claim themselves.
It wouldn't matter tho, because unlike Austria the Catalan separatist minority don't have the power of the Allied occupation force behind them.