Serious question, what's my incentive for learning another language when everyone else is learning English anyway?

Serious question, what's my incentive for learning another language when everyone else is learning English anyway?

Attached: 1527719505733.jpg (350x350, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_a-NSz_CzIM
youtube.com/watch?v=D8L7AtJh7Ls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like French its nice

Okay

There is none except to appease retards who think "Its embarrassing that all Euros know at least 8 languages while we only know one! We should divert hours of school time each day to make sure our children know another language!"

Attached: Lang.png (885x568, 116K)

It's fun if something grammatically difficult

>you should be FORCED to learn MY language

>t.

Attached: 5YjYpra.jpg (1000x800, 56K)

I've heard someone unironically argue that we should learn spanish to make life easier for our immigrants.

>>my language is functionally all that is necessary in modern society

You can use it as a tool to get laid.

Turn off your proxy pierre

Is this true?!

I’m not sure about in Europe, but in then US being multilingual can get a woman’s attention. It’s just got to be the right language. Spainish isn’t worth shit, but Italian or French can tip,the scales for you.

In our own country it can make you appear more cultured or intelligent, and look good on CVs, providing its not Japanese (because of the weeb implications) or a meme language like Esperanto.

As for in other countries, some are easily impressed due to how low their expectations are from Anglos. That can be an ego boost and may help you get foreign girls. It's a gamble though because others can get easily angry/frustrated when you butcher their language.

Also if you're nosey or paranoid and live in a diverse part of the UK you can eavesdrop on foreign conversations you hear. I might learn Polish at some point for that reason alone.

>bash minorities for speaking native language with their families
Does this really happen?

I'm sure it has, but its not common at all

Wtf, can't Americans just mind their own fucking business. """The land of the free"""

we're only going to hear more of this over time as we get told we need to assimilate as much as foreigners do. they push mandarin heavily here too, and i've even seen some billboards in the city written entirely in mandarin. it's fucking disgusting.

youtube.com/watch?v=_a-NSz_CzIM

>useful skill for a resume
>opens up new worlds and cultures
>a good challenge that has benefits
>can visit other countries that speak the language and navigate easily

It's a gateway to another culture and way of seeing the world.

your forgetting
>not get scammed for being a tourist

Holy shit are you me with a proxy

You can understand the message that caribean songs contain.

youtube.com/watch?v=D8L7AtJh7Ls