Hello Brazilians

Hello Brazilians

I'm interested in your country. Can you tell me what life is like in your own cities? It's really common to see images and videos of favelas and so on, but it's a pretty big country so I imagine there are big differences depending on where you go so it'd be cool to learn about them. Please feel free to talk about anything, positive or negative!

Attached: 640-537287163-flag-of-brazil.jpg (640x448, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-e5gTx1fVU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

like in every other country, but you have to be more careful with everything you do and where you go, and of course the quality isn't that high since it's a underdeveloped country

Carry $20 in your wallet so when you get robbed you don't lose everything and you also don't get stabbed. Keep the rest in your shoes or hat.

Well, what if I told you only 6% of brazilians live in favelas? Most live in low middle class homes like pic related. There are also pockets of extreme poverty (north-east of the country) and pockets of wealth (Brasilia - capital with 0.920 HDI)

São Paulo, our largest city, has the architecture and density of those mega Asian cities. Rio de Janeiro, our second largest, is closer to the rest of the country in architecture and culture, also has a more cosmopolitan feel.

Attached: casa classe media.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Really depends on the neighborhood, its not the best idea to walk around place you dont know, or at night.
Medium-high class families live in closed/protected neighbors or buildings, ans they are safe
Public transportation is a bit trash, but it works

I've been here for all my 24 years, and I never got robbed, but then again I dont leave a lot.

What's Brasilia like? It seems to be a pretty fascinating place being a planned city.

>Medium-high class families live in closed/protected neighbors or buildings, ans they are safe

Do you mean that there are gates and security guards and so on? That must feel pretty strange. Why do you think there is such a large disparity of wealth in Brazil?

I sure hope there are more windows on the other sides of that house. From the front it looks grim and depressing.

Worst country in the world desu

youtu.be/-e5gTx1fVU4

is this the only vid gringos know of our country or what? i see this being posted a lot

I don't really get it. it's just some dude making a curious looking pizza. Is there something I'm missing?

>Do you mean that there are gates and security guards and so on?
Yes, but the guards don't carry guns (at least not in most places) and are just watching and controlling the entrance/exit
>That must feel pretty strange.
Yes, it's not the best. It's good to walk/run in the night without having to worry anything, but I don't enjoy having it be so disconnected

Usually they have a small backyard, and windows looking to it

>What's Brasilia like? It seems to be a pretty fascinating place being a planned city.
kinda boring desu
t. live here

The white thing is requeijão (cheese), for some reason you gringos think it's mayo

I really don't know because I don't live there. You also have a planed capital, it shouldn't be much different.

That pizza looks disgusting.
There are good pizzerias if you look around.

>The white thing is requeijão (cheese)

Is it nice?

> You also have a planed capital, it shouldn't be much different.

Well, Canberra is the capital and the center was planned but in general that means nothing because it was planned by monkeys and not with human beings in mind, and Canberra is the most boring city in Australia. I wonder how similar Brasilia is.

>>The white thing is requeijão (cheese)
>Is it nice?
Basically cream-cheese ricotta. Substitute with unsalted ricotta and mash into cream to make it pourable.

>Is it nice?
Yes, it goes really well with some pizzas, like the chicken one in the video.
It's basically a more creamy, more fat cheese.

Like these guys said

Most mid class houses have full of fences, most are like 10x20m.
Others living on apartment blocs, with fences on the windows as well.

Gates/ironbars/fences = yes.
Security guard = only your dog.

Attached: IMG_20181001_002310_105.jpg (480x684, 99K)

waste your time with somthing more productive, we are shite

>middle class
That's lower middle class to barely not poverty tier.
Unless you live in trash central a.k.a São Paulo/Rio de Janeiro/the entirety of Brazil's northeast, then that's debatable.

Attached: 1537427221052.png (1080x752, 709K)

I live in Brasilia, and it fits perfectly your description of Canberra. they actually managed to fuck up a planned city even more than your regular unplanned one. it's shit to live here because more than half of the dwellers live on these "satellite cities", which is just a fancy way of calling the suburbs. even if you're not poor, it doesn't offer anything worth the headache it can be to plan things in such a poorly projected city. it's alright for tourism, but not THAT impressive and everything slightly worth seeing is too far apart anyways (tip: it's not worth the headache). pic related is actually one of the official drawings that inspired most of the main monuments of the city. I'm used to the way of living here by now, but the daily life just feels like belonging to this giant organic factory and doing the things you have to do before resting to resume everything back the next day

Attached: desenhos-oscar-niemeyer-20071003-55-original.jpg (928x522, 15K)

Thanks for the response. I wonder why these things happened. You'd think with a planned city they'd be designed for humans to live efficiently and in a pleasant environment but it seems the opposite. From what I've read about Brasilia, it seems to be similar to Canberra- yes, they are designed with streets in a geometric fashion, but they are basically just huge roads as if cars are citizens and human beings are some sort of bacteria to be carried by them. Personally I lived in Canberra for a little while and had ideas about it being a very pleasant place where I wouldn't need a car to simply live, but I found it to be quite the opposite, even more than unplanned cities in Australia. How disappointing.

UMA

I was gonna make a new thread but I'll just ask here instead. I'm going to Rio next month and I want to explore and photograph some of the favelas to post on my photography instagram. I've always been fascinated by them and want to document them in all their craziness. I know there's some risks in terms of safety but I think I'm pretty well prepared. I plan on using a way cheaper camera than my usual gear and wearing cheap clothes like a local football jersey so I look like I fit in. I'm pretty tan with dark hair so I won't look like a pasty white tourist and I understand a little portuguese too. I've got GPS on my phone so I can navigate my way around so I can avoid the really bad parts and obviously I'm gonna plan to get back to my hotel before sunset.

Anything else to consider?

Attached: favelas.jpg (950x631, 497K)

honestly i wouldn't go to a favela with something like a camera, the general people that lives there might be nice to a gringo but there's some factions that owns the place that could do something bad with you, that's just what i think tho, i'm not from Rio, i would tell you to take pictures of places where there is a police station nearby

Hum... some dude trying, almost too hard, to look inconspicuous taking pics of the favela.... yup, they totally won't think you are a tourist.

>anything else to consider?

Yeah, don't rely on your phone for directions, make sure it's not one of the dangerous favelas (do your research), don't go inside if you can help it and take the pictures quickly.

Best advice i can give you? Drop this idea.

Alternatively, hone your portuguese and, be nice, and give a niglet some money to show you around; and then you hope for the best.

Still maintain that the best you can do is enjoy your trip somewhere safer.

No problems, user. I'll be looking for a place I can just use a bike on to do everything after I get out of here. I've visited nice cities before (I really like Chapecó SC, but the people over there is a turn off to me), so I know it's possible.

I don't know much about Rio. I'd say only trust the tourist guide you know to be reliable, and don't fall for people trying to trick you into going to really weird places. Also watch out for red flags, and follow your instincts. Other than that, I can only with you good luck!

That's middle class? Jesus what a shithole

not exactly, have seem some low class people with houses like this

>trusting that niglet doesnt lure you into soe favela torture dungeon

In India, there is a planned city called Chandigarh that was designed by acclaimed architect Le Corbiseur.

It looks fucking ridiculous. It's one of the dumbest cities in India. This is the one of the Capitol buildings, I think it may be one of the most ugly buildings ever created.

I think planned cities often lack some of the emergent order and organic design which make cities like Rio de Janiero or Hyderabad so exciting to explore. City planning is important, don't get me wrong - I currently live in LA and many of this city's issues stem from a lack of foresight in the past - but it's important for cities to be designed by the city over time, not by some architect with a master plan

I have never been to Brasilia or Canberra - but I definitely understand the "factory" or boring feel you are talking about

Attached: 1200px-Palace_of_Assembly_Chandigarh_2006.jpg (1200x502, 123K)

Go to Santa Marta or Vidigal.
Stay away from crackheads.

t. carioca

It's not crime-ridden in most of the small towns.

Attached: IMG_4257.jpg (640x480, 60K)

Life can be reasonably good in the pockets of development, such as some regions of Santa Catarina. For example, in Joinville the local restaurants place their chairs outside at night, and they aren't stolen!

Attached: sc.jpg (3008x2000, 2.84M)

Brazilian here
>sopa de macaco
>transexuales
>novinhas
This is all that there is and lot's of jungle.

>what if I told you only 6% of brazilians live in favelas?
you'd be lying

Attached: 753686384895740.png (808x757, 39K)

Are monkeys here really desesperated for attention? Do you really believe an user from Jow Forums would visit a fucking favela?

Or this "Australian" is another Brazilian?

O pior é que eles ainda perdem tempo escrevendo textos como se algum perdedor aqui fosse realmente visitar favelas. Bando de macaco burro, dá pena.

How to get brazilian gay furry bf?

20% means that 40 million Brazilians would be living in favelas. That's impossible.

humans live in the red part
in others the brazilians live

Attached: acheinoint.png (2000x1762, 257K)

Nah, I've seen some people wanting to go there and take pictures and all that. But honestly, I don't advise doing that. I've heard that exist some kind of tour that guides through the "controled" areas of one favela, but I don't remember which!