If you had to move to the US, where would you move to?

If you had to move to the US, where would you move to?

Attached: 20170717_39472938.jpg (3558x930, 1.44M)

Boston, Massachusetts

wouldn't even consider any alternatives t b h

Trump Tower

Attached: 1538288819772.png (462x309, 243K)

Portland, OR
It's like Seattle but cheaper

Where i can find furry bf and build nice house?

Providence or Salem

What is the most white trash part of the country, where the gun-touting hillbillies are the norm, wanna move there.

Massachusetts, Maine and New England seem pretty comfy. Don´t know shit about the laws there though so no idea if that would actually be a smart decision

Portland or Seattle

Attached: 1529257337743.jpg (1700x960, 443K)

Vermont

I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?

Vermont

PNW

Yeah none of that is out of the norm.

Well then, in winter I will live in... Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.

Why do so many people in this board seem to love the countryside so much?

Attached: 1469860646537.gif (200x233, 817K)

North West

Anchorage ofc

Crudely drawn but basically the area including and around the Rocky Mountains up until it stops being green and temperate and turns into dry rocks in the south. Google image searches for Utah counties tells me below this line is essentially desert.

I just want to live in a small (white) high trust community and have lots of kids with a moderately traditionalist woman.

Attached: united_states_based.png (2147x2215, 193K)

I cant believe nobody is saying glorious Detroit

Do you really need to ask this question? Cities are full of people, filth, crime, pollution, stress, noise, immigrants and misery. The countryside has its problems, but it is nowhere near as bad as living in an urban area. It's why country-living has been idealised for thousands of years dating right back to the Romans.

probably in the middle of buttfuck nowhere
I know my way around a farm, I would just laid back not being bothered by anyone
lots of nice scenery and uncultivated land to build my own homestead

this

I've watched badlands recently and fell in love with montana, South dakota etc would definitively move there. new england seems pretty nice too

Some not to big city near ocean like San Francisco.

Cities are also burtstling with life. There's plenty of expositions, museums, cinemas, cultural life is booming and there's plenty to do at any hour of the day or night. If you want to be alone, take a stroll around the streets and no one cares how you look, or what you're doing, but if you're feeling lonely, there's always a coffee shop open at the corner of the street, some club or any other activity.

If you want to feel involved, you can. If you want to be left alone, you can. Not to mention the hundreds of years of history and evolution that you can actually feel as soon as you step outside.

As someone who grew up in a rural area, I can't feel any better than when I'm living in one of the biggest cities in the world. So, I feel like I have to ask this question, because I'm curious about the reasons people have. If it is just, like you've said, an idealised view of the country life, or if it's something else.

New England

Either Rhode Island or Connecticut

Somewhere north.

I don't know what states are up there.

Says someone who obviously never lived in countryside. There are no work outside of some garbage medieval jobs I hate college degree yet have to work as gas station attendant and that is one of the best jobs I can get the rest are construction worker, woodcutter or being a fucking farmer. Not to mention how many hours do you have to spend working on yard, gardens etc after work. Everything is full of drunks everytime I go to a store i see them drinking and stupid people all round not to mention nobody respects traffic laws and always park on roads and there are agricultural vehicles on the roads.

>plenty of expositions, museums, cinemas, cultural life
lol who needs that when you have the internet, also you can just go there for one day if you wanna visit a museum
>If you want to be alone, take a stroll around the streets and no one cares how you look, or what you're doing, but if you're feeling lonely, there's always a coffee shop open at the corner of the street, some club or any other activity.
Jow Forums is full of shutins who hate people and have borderline social anxiety, who knew

The reasons the Brit stated still stand

based

Manual labor and having to be more self sufficient is 10000x better than having to deal with stress, loud and obnoxious ooga booga, riots, angry dangerous city drivers, crumbling infrastructure, public transport etc
Cities are the real shitholes

Defenitly Montana. The most beautifull state IMO. All others are probably utter shit.

Attached: 7630564670_3d0b710616_b-e1479744016932.jpg (840x440, 89K)

Jow Forums idolizes rural countryside

Oh please you couldn't survive as manual labor and self sufficient for one day.

Probably Texas. I have family there.

>Visiting an exhibit, a museums, going to a play or watching a movie in the theatre is the same experience as using the internet
Yeah, but no.

Social life in the countryside can be much more stressful and demanding than on big city. Like I've said, I've lived in a village for a very long time. His reasons are still standing, but so do mine. I'm just saying there's nothing inherently better with the countryside, it's a just a matter of people, which is why I'm curious about personal reasons.

Look at for instance. I think many people never really experienced country life and have a very idealistic representation of what it's like.

Attached: 1449930828663.gif (400x225, 2.68M)

If you like meth, Montana is heaven

Attached: Pri_hookup.jpg (1200x552, 161K)

>let me tell you about your life
whatever you say

Upper Peninsula Michigan fuck every other part of the USA

Denver, Colorado

Attached: newaerial[1].jpg (500x350, 270K)

>>Visiting an exhibit, a museums, going to a play or watching a movie in the theatre is the same experience as using the internet
Yeah, it is, in fact it's better for me because I'm not surrounded by people and noises
>Social life in the countryside can be much more stressful
Not if you prefer not to have a social life.
>I'm just saying there's nothing inherently better with the countryside
Other than quiet, good air, space and peace.
I lived in a rural little village most of my life and when I tried living in cities I absolutely hated it.

Relly. I thought methheads were mostly in the south.

So tell me, where do you live son? Have you spent a day in countryside? Have you spent a full day working in forest ever in your life? Have you spent a single day taking care of big garden? If not then you have nothing to say and should probably shut up.

Somewhere with a cool climate and snow in the winter but not Canada winter cold.

I would move into urs mums cunny.

Druggies exist wherever there is nothing to do.
Unless you like hunting, fishing, and outdoorsmanship in general Montana has literally nothing to entertain you

If I had the money to survive until I found a decent job, New York
If I magically teleported their without my belongings, a small and safe beach town in the warm part of Texas, where it is possible to survive on the street, find a job, become stable again and move to New York

>Yeah, it is, in fact it's better for me because I'm not surrounded by people and noises
>noises
>in a theatre
>in a museum
>in a cinema

Be honest, are you using the internet to look at famous paintings, historical artificats, or a new photographic exhibit? You only get to watch movies on a much, much smaller screen and tv shows.
I mean even you do, you're missing at least 60% of the experience.

Having no social life is even easier in a city. You can dwell in your flat all day and order everything to be delivered right at your front door, including cooked meals. Not to mention peope probably don't even notice you if you step outside.

I've lived in both and the bigger the city, the more I love it. That's why I was interested in personnal experiences, not some good/bad arguments. I'll always have something to say that would counter your "objectives" arguments.

White House

You forgot the "people" part. And yes, there are people noises in a museum. Not everyone likes to be surrounded by h*manoids.
>Be honest, are you using the internet to look at famous paintings, historical artificats, or a new photographic exhibit?
Yes
>You only get to watch movies on a much, much smaller screen and tv shows.
I don't watch movies or tv shows
I like to have space around me and not have to see h*manoids, simple as. I understand you have a different taste, stop trying to make others like the experience you like.

>stop trying to make others like the experience you like.
And you are forgetting the last part of my post.

Based reptile
To add there's also the insane rent prices for shoebox sized commieblock flats

>where do you live son?
>son
hi grandpa marko

Attached: 1530073987621.png (680x585, 245K)

I think you have an idealised view of city life more than I do of country life. I've also lived in both (country 5-21, city 21-34), I will take country over city any time and am currently saving up so I can escape back out to the country again. To me, cities are good for only taking the occasional day trip into for amenities/entertainment and working. But even then, many of the positives of the city you mentioned can be found in towns and villages without ever having to go near a city.

>jobs
That's about the only positive thing about the city. But even then, those who can afford to, live outside the city in the suburbs or country. London is a good example of this as many of the rich don't live in London, they live in Reading, Sussex, Essex, etc around London.
>traffic laws
You say that as if cities are any better. The only difference is traffic laws are slightly better enforced in cities. I have been stuck more times behind a prat unloading a lorry in the middle of the street or bus lane than I care to count.

I have, I love gardening. Nothing as satisfying as looking at and touching a piece of land and saying "I made this". I can say the same as a programmer, but it's not quite the same when you are just a small part of a team. I wonder if your negative views of gardening come from your parents not allowing you to create yourself, but instead just forced you to mow the lawn? Gardens can be extremely low-maintenance if you know what you're doing.

Whenever I visit my parents in the country, I order takeaways delivered to my house from the nearest town which is about 4.5 miles away. Don't need to live in the city for that. Plus, when you want to be alone, you can be truly alone, even outside. When you want company, a smaller tight knit community of people that know you is surely more rewarding and supportive than stranger-watching from starbucks?

Each to their own I guess.

Denver sucks, lived there for a few years. Rest of the state is nice.

Having grown up rural, I find city living exhausting and stressful. You’re bombarded with stimuli, lights, noises, people, signs, advertisements, rules. The pace is faster, people are in more of a hurry, and everything is more regulated. It’s generally harder for me to relax.

I love to visit cities, but after a week, I’m ready to go back to where Imcan do whatever I want, at my own pace, without being bombarded by the stimuli of the city.

Well i do hunt. Fishing seems interesring and so does outdoorsmanship. And i already live on a farm so that wouldnt be a problem.

any of the states that used to be part of the confederacy

>wants two wives
Utah would perfect for you then

THIS!

Attached: montana-moving.jpg (1920x751, 551K)

as close to canada as i can. don't really have anything against us, but canada just seems like a far better place

Either Cali, Texas,Philly, Oregon, or back to my hometown in NJ. Fuck fl*rida

California

It's more natural I suppose, it feels healthier, looks more pleasant and is more relaxing/less stressful than city life. Helps that the US has some of the best nature in the world. I say this as someone from the countryside though. I've been living in a city, Dublin, for the past 3 years for university. Here are some issues I have with city living:

• Commuting. Part of my time here I spent working an internship which involved commuting to and from the city centre 5 days a week, spending around 1.5 hours a day doing so. It's pretty depressing getting up early and getting on a crowded bus everyday. It's even worse if you have to get a connecting bus and you're sprinting in between to catch it, leaving you sweaty once you get on. Driving yourself is even worse since the roads are jammed, at least the bus can use special priority lanes. Dublin isn't even that bad since it's a small city. When I visited my friend in London for a weekend, I got quickly tired of the underground by the end of it. It's stuffy and requires a lot of walking since you're going up and down escalators. It must be suicide-tier during peak commuting times, at least I was able to get a seat
• Slow walkers on footpaths, you either have to walk behind them slowly or maneuver around them which can be a pain if there are like 5 of them walking a line taking up the entire footpath. These people have no spacial awareness
• Too diverse
• Worse quality air
• High rents (hasn't affect me thankfully)

On the plus side, the nightlife is better. I don't mind going into the city centre for a night out because the roads are quieter then and it's just a matter of short taxi ride with few stops. Although I'm not a spendthrift, so I don't go out that much. There are also more shops so you can buy more things, although internet shopping diminishes the utility of this and I don't buy much shit anyway. Fast internet another positive. Cities can be fun to visit but would rather live rurally in the long term

I wish i was in Baltimore i'd make seccesion traitors roar

Cascadia has nice nature and weather and this cozy feel to it, but upper New England has more history and is closer to Europe for those flights home to visit the family. I don't know.

Alaska