Listen to european folk music

>listen to european folk music
>all comments below are americans talking about how they are 5% this and 10% that

Attached: dumb frogposter.jpg (208x242, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RY62Vq4eNBM
youtu.be/IzYT1WcFW9Q
youtu.be/zt_v8yIHxOM
youtu.be/3caaqvVUmMA
youtube.com/watch?v=1xE5yDvVWzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0oOOIkc2oMk
youtube.com/watch?v=v7CS7cJ7pN4
youtu.be/A0rJBhKNVgM
youtube.com/watch?v=nogNV13TA-A
youtube.com/watch?v=X5uiSEXfErc
youtube.com/watch?v=i2VPyUoK5nk
youtube.com/watch?v=_UIjlcRBSPU
youtube.com/watch?v=yEqaTXHW-QY
youtube.com/watch?v=NwMBe6-A6dM
youtube.com/watch?v=ANKjat2bj94
youtube.com/watch?v=o1NK4V0BQi4
youtube.com/watch?v=eeEki7Ft8KQ
youtu.be/oZPY3s_X0Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=SZdmxIzXjsI
youtube.com/watch?v=C8D0Z4EZqOc
youtu.be/H9WqAjTnycQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rWFTI3gfK10
youtu.be/GDqxvHSPu5c?t=37
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post music

>listen to Slovene folk music
>comments from proud Slovenes and enthusiastic Germans and Yugos

Attached: 1457202103763.jpg (600x400, 140K)

post music

Why are you even slightly surprised.

This one doesn't have as many foreigners commenting but it's one of my favourites so I'll post it anyway
youtube.com/watch?v=RY62Vq4eNBM

literally anything western, scottish bagpipes, german polka, irish music etc...
eastern european music is full of cheeki breeki, rush b and remove kebab memes

dont forget all the neo nazis and Jow Forumsposters bringing their ultimate cringe compilation comments

>listen to central Asian folk music
>all comments below are Turks claiming horde heritage and how they're Mongols and shiet

Sounds nice. I find it funny that when you type "folk românesc" you get boomer Cenaclul Flacăra music, and you have to go out of your way to type "muzică folclorică" to get everybody else's definition of folk. The distinction here is quite unusual.
>eastern european music is full of cheeki breeki, rush b and remove kebab memes
I beg to differ.
youtu.be/IzYT1WcFW9Q

sounds very turkish
or is that the old balkan sound?

>sounds very turkish
We've been influenced in that regard, yes, but I quite like it.
Here's an old Wallachian lute song
youtu.be/zt_v8yIHxOM
and something more modern for comparison
youtu.be/3caaqvVUmMA

To be honest, it's not folk music in the truest sense of the word, it's a 19th century genre with a foundation in folk music
youtube.com/watch?v=1xE5yDvVWzQ

This has a distinctly German feel to me for some reason. I may just be retarded.

It's an Alpine or Central European musical style. You can hear similar music from Switzerland to Austria, from Bavaria to South Tirol, as well as Czechia.
youtube.com/watch?v=0oOOIkc2oMk

is this similar to romanian music?
youtube.com/watch?v=v7CS7cJ7pN4

Those shirts look like Vyshyvanky

don't you know by know that americans think the world relvolves around them?

i think that's just the generic "shirt" in all of europe

Because it does

I mean, we do have the cobză and cobzari respectively but supposedly they're a dying breed. This youtu.be/A0rJBhKNVgM sounds a bit similar from 1:10 onwards.

I'd say you can find it throughout all of Germany, especially the choice of instruments, but the sound may vary a little.
You're right tho, this one sounds predominantly alpine.

Do you think the Austro-Hungarian empire might have had some influences too? Or even Austria before that?

Did you knew that all Slavs and only Slavs had the shirts with it's symbols?

You forgot the comments of Balkanese who deny all of their genocides.

Eastern European if anything, in western or central Europe cultures I never really saw something like that.
Especially the embroidery and the cut.

Not this shit again

youtube.com/watch?v=nogNV13TA-A

Attached: Playingthekantelebringseveryonetogether.jpg (600x408, 91K)

Well, especially southern Russia has similar a culture to Ukraine, that's why there are so many conflicts around Ukraine as well, so yes, but Romanians aren't Slavs, that's why I was a little confused.

SLAVS are so big, we have everything, did you know we had S H I R T S * W I T H * S Y M B O L S ???

Based Slovenia

Attached: 1535742117768.jpg (326x261, 18K)

What background does that song have? Or what time is it from?

Under Serbian songs always Russian who apologize for not helping them in war.

youtube.com/watch?v=X5uiSEXfErc
i listened the shit out of them and i fell in love with the lead singer

Don't act like a dick, he's just pointing out that shirts in the style of the Vyshyvanka are not only Ukrainian.

You aren't slavs, you are turks

It certainly did, but the Alpine lands were connected since prehistory so it goes deeper than that

i was trying to be funy!!!!!!!!!

Attached: apu20.jpg (495x362, 29K)

We're the best of both worlds desu

Kinda related: Siebenbürger (German Transylvanian) music, that also has a similar sound, that you could associate with the alpine sound, while the Siebenbürger in fact came from the Rhine area:
youtube.com/watch?v=i2VPyUoK5nk

I thought the worst.

Isn't it three or four worlds really?
Turkish influences, Slav influences, the distinct Balkan culture and Germanic through Siebenbürger if you will, although they were a little more isolated.

What's going on in this thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=_UIjlcRBSPU

>What background does that song have?
I don't know much about them or the song, but i think it is "new" stuff made the traditional way.

Yeah, I had basically same experience with this sort of music, just stuck listening folk stuff for couple weeks straight from tube

post muh ancestors

Attached: 1528785817942.png (894x1098, 99K)

It's really weird, it reminded me of Christian songs like the ones monks would sing, but also has some other rhythms that I can't pinpoint really. Maybe Ugric or even Slav influences?

Attached: 1528776240766.png (642x142, 19K)

Fucking lel, its real

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-01-10-02-55~2.png (1381x527, 100K)

I don't know, I can associate that with a marching band, not what would be a typical ensemble here

One of my favorites

Attached: 1528475109561.png (957x918, 167K)

Why the fuck do Germans like slovenians so much anyways?

Attached: 1537674795426.jpg (485x303, 19K)

Attached: 1528787013014.png (966x613, 56K)

La goblina mistica de las americas

That's exactly the instruments in alpine music though, just lacking the accordion. And it's more polka-like than a march.
I feel like it sounds very similar.

Now that I think of it, sure, if you choose to take all cultural nuances into account instead of going the east & west route. I find it interesting how we managed to keep our ties with other Romance speakers while having such a distinct culture. Though I suppose Romanian is arguably the most influenced of the Romance bunch, with Turkish, Balkan and sometimes even German influences having made their way into the language with relative ease.
This was meant to be a comfy thread Ivan

What's not to love?

Great German piece named "Bohemian dream".
It's a rather modern (1950s to '70s I think) polka, but in the old traditional style.

youtube.com/watch?v=yEqaTXHW-QY

it's similar to orthodox christian singing
youtube.com/watch?v=NwMBe6-A6dM

>I find it interesting how we managed to keep our ties with other Romance speakers
That and the fact that it still is one distinctive culture and not a bunch of different groups that hate each other leading to a collapse or something.

>that picture of a mexican whale
Bueno

I love how all German folklore I hear has this comfy tavern music feel to it. It's really nice.

Attached: 1535997626192.jpg (500x435, 59K)

Yeah exactly, that and songs like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ANKjat2bj94
Although they probably are influenced by the Orthodox music as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=o1NK4V0BQi4
you'll probably like this one

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH NO NO NO NO

Kek, yeah, it's very prevalent in the German brass band "niche", the other styles are just songs to sing you can instrumentalize however you like, like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=eeEki7Ft8KQ

While we're at it, I hope you will clear up some confusions for me. In Romania, all music from the communist era associated with a bunch of artists (particularly Adrian Păunescu and his Cenaclul Flacăra) may be referred to as "folk", while the traditional kind of folk (like the one in this thread) is called "folclor" or "muzică folclorică".
A lot of foreigners get confused when I tell them I like folk because I'm talking about something highly varied and completely different.
What do westerners call songs like this youtu.be/oZPY3s_X0Iw ?

>When you go to a Croatian wedding and do all the dances and get into it and they start buying you drinks.

>"Wow user, Your basically half Croatian"

Attached: Hecute.gif (554x400, 120K)

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-01 19-23-12.png (863x113, 20K)

My mom listens to Irish music all the time and we’re 0% Irish

Attached: 7ADF8380-D7BE-4C59-9CDF-199549861358.jpg (600x600, 49K)

Yeah, love songs like that, I really like Slavic, especially eastern Slavic culture and Cossack style songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=SZdmxIzXjsI

German girls yodeling is always just old American men lusting after them in the comments.

I don't know to be honest, but I wouldn't call it folk.
Folk music (Volksmusik in German) is mostly Schlager in Germany, so old folk style music + a cheap beat and cheesy singing. Shit like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=C8D0Z4EZqOc

The songs like this that could be sung like the one in the vid you posted are called deutsches Liedgut, so German treasury of songs or something like that. Technically folk music, but not what most people would expect.

Really like what you posted, what's the background of it?

desu those clearly aren't americans

Based Saso Avsenik

JadenBatrezTV, Christian Dominguez and Laszlo Zsidai in the first one are.
And Kaitlin Fairfay seems to be. She's not Norwegian at least, that's for sure.

>listen to Croatian music on YouTube
>just kidding nobody wants to hear that shit

>what's the background of it?
Adrian Păunescu was a Romanian poet who wrote verses and song lyrics, and starting from 1973 and 1985, many of them were adapted into songs like the one I linked above and sung on stages throughout the country, along with poetry recitals. Many people argue that the phenomenon was outlawed because of issues with the communist regime, but after 1989 it was re-started under different names and continues to this day. The guy died in 2010 and there's gonna be a "Remember Cenaclul Flacăra" event later this year in his honour.
"Remember" because many of the artists under his supervision either died or branched out and did their own thing, so it's a boomer genre these days.
youtu.be/H9WqAjTnycQ

until* 1985

Nothing proves they are american though. Cristian Dominguez even states "im from norway", which isnt a phrase Ive heard americans say unless they are literally from there, not some grandpa. Laszli Zsidai sounds like some Polish or Hungarian name anyways. Jaden Batréz goes by the name scottishprick on instagram so is probably from Scotland if anything. Kaitlin Fairfax is a name that could be from 8+ countries and cant really be placed

I bet he can hear the call of the steppes

>Listen to my balls slap against ya momma’s face
>That’s the end of the story, nigga

>listen to american folk music
>comments are about sippin whisky with the good ol boys

Attached: 1537554989798.jpg (600x600, 21K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rWFTI3gfK10
listen to this faggot
why are austrians soooooooo funny?

wew lads

>Listen to European folk music
>Fedora magically appears on my head

Attached: 1432398013378.gif (480x270, 89K)

Fedoras would be against it due to being atheist though

I was making a lot of Jow Forums music threads some years ago. It was fun. We were a few people but it was cool sharing all type of music with people. I have a huge playlist I'm really proud of from these times.

Now I'm always working to afford a sustainable life. I saw yesterday the last song I downloaded was from 2 years ago. I love music but hate my lfie

Attached: 1492458541008.png (657x527, 29K)

Make a thread now immediately and post some interesting music. Then link the thread on our posts so that I can find it.

>>listen to european folk music
>all comments below are from neighboring european countries saying they're brothers and friends forever!

Attached: 1511219178263.jpg (450x418, 29K)

That sounds great actually, the reciting event thing and the way they "made use" of the poems.
But yeah, I wouldn't call that folk, it's quite unique.

>atheists are against european folk music

Attached: 1515674729637.png (645x729, 147K)

Based and redpilled

Yeah I've noticed that too. I always see Americans "greeting" from the USA and mentioning their Norwegian heritage, it's pretty cringey

>"greeting"
Why is this in quotation marks?

You realize a full third of your population emigrated to America in the 1800’s, right?

Yeah traitors, they shouldn't larp as something they have no connection with except genetics.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>listen to Finnish folk metal
>25% of comments are Finns explaining that we weren't vikings
>25% are new worlders talking about muh heritage and how viking they are
>25% are people talking about how well this music goes with Skyrim
>25% are comments mostly from new worlders telling to keep Europe white and how we have to fight back

Attached: tä.png (657x527, 29K)

>tfw 56%(insert your ethnicity)
and there's not a thing you can fucking do about it

Attached: 1538074529947.gif (384x269, 60K)

>because their families weren’t bourgeoisie like mine they’re traitors when adverse economic conditions forces them to move to the New World

Superior folk music

youtu.be/GDqxvHSPu5c?t=37