Serious question: Do you consider China as a first world country in the league of USA/Europe or a third world shithole...

Serious question: Do you consider China as a first world country in the league of USA/Europe or a third world shithole in the league of India and Africa?

Attached: 1537827734162.jpg (730x413, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lPQ8s2Off2I
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-10/chinese-workers-abandon-silicon-valley-for-riches-back-home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Third world. If chinks are willing to move out to shitholes like Argentina...

somewhere in between but closer to america/europe.

on a scale of 0-10, with 10 being Scandinavian countries and 0 being Africa.

China would be a 6. I'd rate America a 9 and Russia a 7

>Russia a 7

ok you're literally braindead. stop trying to think and acting like your thoughts aren't worthless before you kill the literal single braincell you have in your head you troglodyte.

When a natural disaster kills hundreds in China, it receives a week of news.
When it happens in India, the BBC might give it a story.

On average, like Romania.
Big, recent cities are first world tier.

lol is it too high or too low for you?

Third World shithole. It's Brazil tier now, some places look good enough, others are absolute shitholes. Considering China has an economy comparable to the USA but 5 times more people, it's impossible for them to be on the same league.

When hundreds of thousands of Chinese die from air pollution, it gets months of endless stories from Western media.
When hundreds of thousands of Indians die from air pollution, it gets maybe one story in the New York Times and anti-India biased BBC.

What does this tell you?

A third world country, just like India, and a power player, just like the USA and the EU.

This. They have no rights or clean air but at least they don't get beheaded by cartels or have their children drafted by the local warlord.

>When a natural disaster kills hundreds in China, it receives a week of news.
? We don't even hear about it here, we simply never talk about China.

It's a hellhole in its own league, but they do their best to mask it behind tons of cheap shiny stuff, like in the chinese restaurants you know.

Attached: shangai-2661.jpg (900x607, 163K)

Russia is a complete, absolutely fucking destitute shithole outside of St. Petersburg

At least China’s coast is fairly nice

Same. In the Dutch media China only appears when it involves Trump or the Dutch King.

The average Chinese person lives longer, earns more, is more literate, has better healthcare, more access to the internet, more ability to travel, and higher education levels than the average Brazilian.
Simple as

Attached: 058B0699-0CC7-4D89-A860-CAAF4E043AB1.png (1022x575, 976K)

>the Dutch King.
Somehow I can never remember you guys have a king. It's hard to think of a reigning monarch who gets less attention.

Yeah sure, that's why São Paulo is filled chinks. Stop looking at pictures of downtown Beijing and thinking chinks live like that. The worst part is that with Trump derailing the Chinese economy, now we will get even more chinks.

China is shit because they are following Russia's footsteps and building nothing but uniform towerblocks for housing. They should build residential areas more like japan or at the very least taiwan that look more comfy and diverse.

Then you’re fucking retarded.

The Economist, Financial Times, NYT, Washington Post, WSJ, Reuters, BBC, Japan Times, Seoul Post, Le Monde, El País, The Times, Il Munde, and many others have dedicated China-only tabs with daily China news.

You have a ton of Japs too but that doesn't mean Brazil is a nicer country than Japan.

Spotted the chink.
90% of their population live in pic related.

Attached: 56267462.jpg (500x375, 20K)

Please get out of 1995.

Do you have any clue how many Chinese are in the world? Less than 1% of Chinese live abroad. That’s far fewer than almost any other major nation.

Brazil has 250,000 Chinese. Wikipedia says almost all of them immigrated in the 1990s and 2000s to work in the export/import business via Chinese companies.

They aren’t Brazilians. They are Chinese workers.

The Japs came here 7 decades ago though. The chinks are coming here now.

Yeah and they’ll do that when half their population isn’t living in rural hovels without electricity or heat.

You seriously think poor countries get the luxury of picking aesthetics over efficiency?

I am Xi Jinping himself. Does that change the facts?

I wish it were 95 when they at least built urban villages sometimes. Now modern housing is almost always highrises

Source?

Wikipedia says that they are leaving now after the 2014 crash.

>Yeah and they’ll do that when half their population isn’t living in rural hovels without electricity or heat.
I worry they won't.
>You seriously think poor countries get the luxury of picking aesthetics over efficiency
Yes. They could have at least kept building urban villages.

Because most of them are poor like rats duh.

Many of them open stores here and import junk from China, they can't just leave. Also many of the wealthy ones seem to be involved with mafias, because every year some chink businessman gets executed here.

Japan was still a nicer country 7 decades ago.

>I wish it were 95 when they at least built urban villages sometimes. Now modern housing is almost always highrises

There’s so much wrong with this claim it is honestly hilarious

You actually believe 1995 China was building suburbs and “urban villages”? Lmaoooo

>They could have at least kept building urban villages.
Explain how they built expensive urban villages in 1995 when the average chino was starving but not now.

Trump finds it very elegant!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=lPQ8s2Off2I

In your animes maybe. Back then Japan was destroyed by war and Brazil was hailed as the "next USA" or "country of the future" so many came here to try their luck.

>China is shit because they are following Russia's footsteps and building nothing but uniform towerblocks for housing.
Welcome to gommunism. Enjoy your stay.

>They could have at least kept building urban villages.

>build new and modern town
>western medias jump on the ghost cities meme

China at 6.5, Russia at 5, US at 11

>they can’t just leave
Ummm, yes they can and they are

They are even leaving Silicon Valley for China, a far better place than Brazil.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-10/chinese-workers-abandon-silicon-valley-for-riches-back-home

Yeah, that's why you're in Spain right? Did you notice that Spanish men are all ten times more attractive than you?

Japan in the 40's:
>strong national identity
>rich culture and literary tradition with a high literacy rate
>total economic and political rebuilding assisted personally by members of the US government
>bright future

Brazil in the 40's:
>Brazil

>ITT chink diaspora at work

Attached: 1498595759570.jpg (312x345, 21K)

>You actually believe 1995 China was building suburbs and “urban villages”?
Suburbs like single family homes? No. Urban villages? Definitely.
They were cheap to build then and are cheap now. And they are comfier than uniform highrises

What the hell is an urban village?

That is a good decision for anyone to be fair, with the money you can make and save from silicon valley they could live incredibly wealthy lives in China and probably never work the rest of their lives if they wanted, they would also be around their home families and friends more. Of course if they want to still work they could probably get a chinese version of silicon valley tier job and be rich off that anyways due to their job experience

Those luxury housing developments were never really intended for people to live in, they're just grunt work to keep the masses employed and not rioting in the street which would be very bad for the party.

Can't you guys just leave us the fk alone

Comfy residential areas in china that they're tearing down now. Google urban villages china.

Six-figure salaries are poverty-tier in Silicon Valley. No way they're going home rich.
That in itself is a pretty good reason to go home, though.

in between, it seems to be in a transition towards a first world country.

>China is a shitho-
WOAH
O
A
H

Attached: 1538339397730.jpg (2048x1365, 1.03M)

>in between, it seems to be in a transition towards a first world country
If they got rid of between 600 and 700 million people it might be possible.

>Comfy
Maybe 50 years ago when the money hungry landlords didn't start building a 5 storey tower block in order to collect rent money.

Attached: urban-villages-china-56.jpg (800x533, 136K)

There are part of Africa nicer than China.

Attached: mfw.png (631x708, 27K)

No. Still comfy and they have soul. Unlike the generic cookie cutter high rises with the ugly token greenspace around them.

ITT: People rating countries they have never been to.

Attached: 1527719505733.jpg (350x350, 35K)

>Rat and cockroach infested space
>Landlord giving no fk to the codes and regulations
>Crime hotspot
>Mostly a place for destitute that go no where else to go but rent sharing with 10 other dudes that's do nothing but drugs and playing vidya
>But muh soul
While places like this exist

Attached: Brinde-com-cerveja-em-Qingdao-na-China-02.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

As china develops, those problems will go away naturally. Has little to do with the architecture of the urban village. You see similar "urban villages" all over taiwan and south korea but they're fine because the country as a whole has developed.

>they could probably get a chinese version of silicon valley

Well, this is what they are aiming for, and why your orange retard went apeshit.

This is literally what Paris looks like today lmao

Attached: 37914856984_6c0f1d275a_b[1].jpg (768x1024, 276K)

The Chinese economy literally grows on these absurd construction projects. That's why Trump is doing the world a favour by suffocating the economy of these Godless communists.

China has a billion people. If so much as 10% of them are unemployed, that's in excess of 100 million which could be disastrous. In short, the place is a barely controlled volcano.

a small few of them live in 6/10 and the rest live in 2/10
so it averages out to about 2 and a tiny bit

Youre an absolute mongoloid if you believe that as sixfigure implies anything from $100k/yr to $999k/yr. Assuming a $100k salary, that is about $68k after taxes in Palo Alto, Commiefornia, which is about $5.6k/month. A quick search shows a 1 bed apartment can be found for $2.3k/month (assuming you dont want roommates) + phone bill and utilities it would probably be $2.8-3.0k, plus food is $3.2-3.4k which is $2.2k/month saved or about $24k/yr. That is without mentioning that does not include any bonuses of any kind and that $130k is an average tech salary in silicon valley. If you have a roommate or girlfriend/wife with a job than you could easily save $80k a year. Of course most people dont spend/save money well so probably wont have much to save

>That's why Trump is doing the world a favour by suffocating the economy of these Godless communists
The Malaysian PM also cancelled some canal project with China that his predecessors agreed to. Beijing have mostly been mum about it because they don't want to give anyone else ideas. In fact they've mostly sat in silence at Trump's trade war too for same reason.

>a hundred gypsies vs hundreds of millions chinks
>THAT'S THE SAME LMAO

>china 6
>us - 7
>canada - 8
>eu excluding scandinavian and shithole eastern european countries 9
>scadinavian countries 10

this is a logarithmic scale

its unfair to compare the one worst street of a western city to a dwelling which is above average for another country

Youre either poor or delusional if you actually believe that the US is below Canada or the scandinavian countries.

scandi/Australia/some misc. city states are well above the US

They're urbanised, industrialised and are now begging to present a military presence across their border.
There are rural shitholes in China but what country doesn't have them. First word for me and global influencer, haven't reached USA level however

*beggining

>be american
>get shot

US is easily below Scandinavian countries in terms of development

China is 1st class international power, but "first world" is a term to define human development. In that category China still developing and not 1st world or developed. They are LatAm tier with a few small regions that are comparable to 1st world economy and infrastructure (but not socially/politically) like HK, Macau, or Shanghai.

By six figures I obviously meant in the area of $100-120k.

>$130k is an average tech salary in silicon valley.
Starting is going to be closer to $100-110k, which is definitely not a lot of money in the Bay Area.

>Of course most people dont spend/save money well so probably wont have much to save
Yeah, and as you already showed they're spending most of their salary on living expenses. Anyone with an expensive hobby (like gaming or Warhammer or really anything popular with tech people) is gonna be broke.

Depends what you are doing t.b.h. I guess in medical and tech fields the US is definitely paid much more than other countries (from experience), and the US in general has cheap cost of living (housing, groceries) compared to other countries. Although there arent many safety nets for an adult that may be poor I guess. I dont know much about other fields though

We're definitely below Norway.
I think we're also below Sweden on the metrics but unlike Sweden our country will still be inhabitable in 20 years, so I'm gonna give that one to us.

>but unlike Sweden our country will still be inhabitable in 20 years
lol

The point is that if you really want to save money for the future there is plenty of it to save. Gaming really isnt a pricing hobby, you spend maybe $1.5k of that savings for a good gaming PC and then maybe $200/yr for some new games, paid within a months salary. Even with a hobby there is plenty of wiggle room to budget a little towards it

Not him, but what do you even mean by this? Could be taken different ways

Mad chink faggot, there are hundreds of millions of dirt poor people in China

quality of life of an average scandinavian is higher than the average american's

Japan in the 40's
>two nukes
Brazil in the 40's
>based vargas

The only gamer I know who spends that little on games is a broke as fuck Romanian who literally can't afford to pay more than $10 for a game.
Most people buy at least a few new releases every year and don't even get me started on microtransactions.

not surprising considering the (((south))) greatly brings down the average

Attached: klCA4KB.png (946x550, 146K)

Cyberpunk dystopia in Shanghai and Guangzhou
Comfy but slow paced Chengdu
Capital is a mess with constant pollution from Mongolia and Hebei province
Chongqing have cool shit everywhere but they're a mess too
However, all those being said it's still 3rd world thanks to dumb fucks living in rural areas and separatists movements. Minus that and it's a relatively safe but still low tier 1st world. At least you won't get shot in China as long as you don't go saying fuck CCP at tiananmen or something
t. knower

Attached: barbary_vs_civilization.jpg (500x417, 47K)

$200 is like 3-5 new games a year. The only games ive played with microtransactions were LoL, which is just useless cosmetic shit and not worth spending money on, and WoW, which was the exact same.

WoW alone is going to cost about $150/yr.

Other nerd hobbies are even more expensive. An MTG deck can cost several thousand dollars.

Dude, I’m American if you haven’t noticed my perfect grammar. Either way, almost all Chinese immigrants are from the 1950s-1990s when it was a shithole

Now they are to*rists and st*dents

Oh and since we're talking about Chinese immigrants here I feel like I should point out that the only country that likes microtransactions more than China is Korea.

There are parts of Africa nicer than England.

>and are now begging to present a military presence across their border.

Big mistake on Xi's part. He's merely increasing the host of China's enemies with his grabby actions in the SCS and whatnot.

“Urban villages” in Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan are all fucking gone you absolute retard.

t. Deployed to Seoul during 2002-2004 and saw all the protests over demolitions

>Dude, I’m American
Yeah I know you are. You're that Trotskyite student in Spain who always spams chink propaganda.

There are some hotel rooms in china that are cleaner than the US :^)

Speaking from experience China is an absolute shithole.

>Trotskyite
Those still exist?

First world. Actually, they'll be the ones that finally will remove the us from the post of "greatest nation"