So, most of you have proven that your written English is really good, but what about when it comes to spoken English?

So, most of you have proven that your written English is really good, but what about when it comes to spoken English?
I've been told a lot of people struggle with speaking English outside of the classroom setting.

Attached: 0c3LQLw.jpg (1080x1318, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PmvKlnhMjUw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i can't speak english for shit
when i'm speaking it i have to think of every word one by one, often needing to translate my thoughts, while it doesn't happen when i'm writing it.
basically i can't think in english when I' speaking it but I can when i'm writing or reading it
that's strange

pretty good I think, in my high school graduation we had to do a speaking test as well and I scored the perfect score
though obviously I do have an accent (which isn't too thick though as far as I can tell) and I do stutter at some words

who givves a fuck when youre posting
ELIN HÅKANSON

I feel the same way, but about other languages
>think I'm speaking somewhat clearly, albeit with an accent
>person just stares at me blankly
Kms

why would she wear this

Although I was raised billingual, I have an noticeable accent due to not having spoken English often enough. My siblings, on the other hand, speak it very well,

I have a noticeable accent, but I spoke English to native speakers on a few occasions and they all understood me. I also use English in online games.

Attached: apu.jpg (778x512, 46K)

Is that a high quality English slag?

I have been living abroad for 10 months and of course I also go on vacation sometimes
whenever I use English I have problem at all

It was just on two occasions that people didn't understand me. They then went on to pretend that my English was really bad. Little did they know that I literally work as a translator. Fuck these bitches (1 southern France, 1 Thai)

Alright guys, tell me your plans to get this semen demon back to your place.

Attached: 1532311335168.jpg (565x425, 71K)

People mistake me for american pretty often. Well, people who aren't native speakers, I do still have an accent.

Attached: 1535365570447.png (990x660, 316K)

>tfw it's been years since I am learning English
>tfw when I don't dominate the language yet.

Btw I have American and British accent.

Have you been mistaken for Austarlian yet?, I heard multiply times of English people going to America for a few years and going back to England and people saying they sound Austarlian.

Australian english sounds so goody I can't take any australian seriously.

Nope, here in Mexico only teach American English. It's pretty rare when someone teaches British but mostly of people don't know how an Australian sounds.

you can simulate it yourself, just never open your mouth wide enough for a fly to enter

When I actually studied English my pronunciation was alright, now i speak with no attempt to make up an accent so it sounds straight up like a 80s film Russian accent or something

It's ok but not on the phone. I fucking hate ordering things online from America because a lot of times they ask me to call them to verify the order, the Americans all have really flat, dry, high voices which pronounce every syllable very clearly, but I have a deep voice and I get the impression that it's not quite clear when I'm speaking English.

When I go to some event or abroad where I have to speak English I become pretty good in a few hourd, but I don't use it day to day so I'd probably stumble on words and trip my tongue a lot initially.

I used to speak English a lot in multiplayer games with my (mostly anglo) clanmates so I don't have any traces of the typical Latvian accent. I've been told it's more like a super generic, impossible to place dialect than an accent. I drop the r's (which no eastern euros seem to do even though it makes speaking a million times easier for us) but the way I pronounce everything else is pretty standard generic American.

I think that’s a pretty universal phenomenon, regardless of language. When I see french written out I can typically follow the words fluidly, but when I hear it spoken outloud I lose track of what’s being said pretty quickly.

youtube.com/watch?v=PmvKlnhMjUw

she is probably showcasing the threadstrength. are there swedish threadproducers here?

I struggle with some words like for example "horror" but other than that it's fine.