Are people naturally warlike?

Why do people act like humans are fundamentally inclined to violence toward other human beings? We're built to kill animals, not people. People get confused because the world we live in is totally aberrant, so the destructive impulse to kill is there from our days as hunter-gatherers because it fed people and kept them alive. What is strange to me is that people look at the design of men and see that it's built to kill, and they mistake it for "Built to kill humans", not animals.

In my eyes, it's not normal to beat or hit other human beings even for sexual competition. White IQ is only 20 points away from Black IQ over thousands of years because a normal life is actually very kind unless you're born defective (lower probability of this happening too).

I think technology has ruined the natural stasis of man. It's not that people are naturally violent or evil, but the society they live in has made people that are more inclined toward killing violent, "evil" by repressing the natural desire to destroy and create, so it comes out in fucked-up ways.

Men are built to kill animals, not other men.
Anytime men murder other men it's always an environmental consequence. It's never really normal.

Attached: 1536352893747.jpg (750x1334, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3917328/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3491494/
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/25/three-quarters-of-whites-dont-have-any-non-white-friends/
reuters.com/article/us-usa-poll-race/many-americans-have-no-friends-of-another-race-poll-idUSBRE97704320130808
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3659010/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0048546
perception.org/research/racial-anxiety/
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.515.6374&rep=rep1&type=pdf
smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/ancient-brutal-massacre-may-be-earliest-evidence-war-180957884/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Human males especially engage in physical violence with each other from a very young age and our bodies are built to fight one another more than females.

>our bodies are built to fight one another

I doubt this thought.
Our bodies are built to be effective at killing and feed people that matter to us, not to fight one another.

Rough and tumble play isn't true violence.

>Men are built to kill animals, not other men.
Says who?
Humans have, since the dawn of the first Homo Sapien been a violent species.
You go back 100 000 years, grab a child and then raise him here in today's world and that child stands the same chances of becoming a murderer as any other child.
Same result of you take a modern child and let the people of the far gone ages raise him.

The human mind is set on two things. Survival and power. That has never changed. The more power you have the greater chance of survival.

There is a reason behind mankind's constant urge for war. It never stops, it never will.
When times were hard you did what had to be done. Even cannibalism.

Saying that humans were "not built to kill other men" is ridiculous and idiotic.
We were built to kill. Period. That includes everything that walks, flies, swims, slithers or jumps.

Attached: 1531525037695.jpg (588x611, 72K)

The constant urge for war stems from a constant repetition of killing for food. It is power that modern human beings are denied. When you deny modern peoples that power, they receive it through hurting things that are genetically distant from themselves. They do it like that to have an extreme amount of power in a short span of time. Power they should feel a constant stream of through love and the killing of animals.

The entire thing is broken from the ground up.
When was the last time you killed something?

All of those things exist to successfully hunt and kill animals.

>When was the last time you killed something?
A fox a couple weeks ago. A moose the previous season.

If your idea is that hunters don't kill humans because they get that urge out, wrong.

>A couple of weeks ago

Not yesterday?
The urge is built to repeat itself.

You're supposed to kill animals everyday of your entire life.

Humans ARE animals. Think about that for a second. And humans pose the same threat to other humans as, let's say a saber tooth cat did back then.

Yes

Fuck h*manoids

>You're supposed to kill animals everyday of your entire life

But that's not how people hunt or have ever hunted.
Humans have always followed seasons, when prey is available.
Hunter & gatherers didn't runt out every single morning and speared a deer. No. They hunted when the need came for food.
That's how humans learned how smoke, dry and salt meat. How to dry mushrooms and keep berries for a long time.
We are absolutely not built to kill animals every day. We never have been.

But their genetics are congruous with other human beings. Altruism works through genetic congruity. You should read the selfish gene.

A saber tooth cat is not a human being.

If you had constantly grown with human beings that look like you your entire life, you would've experienced 100x the love you've had in your life. Human beings aren't supposed to hurt those that are their kin. When they do in modern life, it's a consequence of the powerless life they are forced to go through.

Not the same user but are you suggesting that our ancestors hunted daily?
Please tell me that's not what you think..
This

The issue is it's impossible to tell what hunter-gatherer hunting patterns followed.

It likely changed on the basis of climate.

And non of that matters when your group of "cave" people are hungry or threatened.
We have archaeological evidence that early men killed each other.

The point is, even if we aren't designed to other people it still happens. It always have, it always will.
Even when early humans lived in areas were food was plenty, the water clean, predators gone and the family was safe they murdered other people.
Hell, we could (and did) cross breed with Neanderthals. Guess what? We killed them. We even ate them.

All throughout human history we have found skeletons with human made injuries. From bashed in skulls of little children to human femurs with human teeth marks on them.

Say what you will about the human mind, we have always slaughtered each other.

>You're supposed to kill animals everyday of your entire life.
Where on earth did you get this idea from?

>it's impossible to tell what hunter-gatherer hunting patterns followed

No it's not. Nature is simple, if you hunt daily you will cause a massive drop in animal population.
But besides that, cave paintings tell the story pretty damn well. They depicted the migration of the mammoths, the other beasts on the plains.
And even if they didn't leave behind their art it's just how the natural world works. You can't hunt if there is nothing to hunt. Season make sure of that. And yes it did change with the climate. As did everything in human evolution.
We went where the food went.
That's something we can see in today's more primitive societies as well.

The issue is that Neanderthals were not our genetics. You see the same thing happening today in Latin America.

Any place where there's a racial gradient (Brazil, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, etc) and an incentive to kill, there is a high rate of murder. Co-operation works on the basis of genetic proximity.

Men will kill when they are starving to protect themselves and others, but that's still an environmental factor. It's not a normal occurrence.

>You will cause a massive drop in animal population

That's why you follow the animals and end-up killing at least once every 3 days.

You are even making my point for me...
Humans are blood thirsty. You keep using modern murder as "proof" of some vague idea that our ancestors didn't but that's just wrong.

And normal? Normal is a social construct that has changed just as much as we have throughout the millennia. What was ok yesterday is considered a terrible crime today. And so on.

Not him.

Humans are animals. Nearly every animal competes for the #1 spot and the best females around. It is just nature, human nature

You sound very confused. Animals are genetically predisposed to protecting their mates and offspring. Humans most certainly fall into this category. Denying that these baser instincts exist is truly bizarre. I'm not suggesting you act like an animal, but realize this is part of what you are.

The word normal is used in the strictest and most mathematical form.

It was rare for men and women to starve in prehistory

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3917328/

In Brazil, people interact with people that are 50% white, 25% black, and 25% Amerindian. They stand next to people that are 55% white, 20% black, and 25% Amerindian.

What ends up happening is extreme violence because of genetic incongruity. The empathy is fried because the genetics are different.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3491494/

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/25/three-quarters-of-whites-dont-have-any-non-white-friends/

reuters.com/article/us-usa-poll-race/many-americans-have-no-friends-of-another-race-poll-idUSBRE97704320130808

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3659010/

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0048546

perception.org/research/racial-anxiety/

citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.515.6374&rep=rep1&type=pdf

You are right that humans are blood thirsty, and they desire destruction, but they aren't built to destroy one another in ideal conditions.

The desire to protect is different from the desire to kill. "mates" and "offspring" are just different words for "genetic proximity"

In an ideal environment, the person next to you has a strong blood relation to you. You would ultimately not desire their destruction because of the genetic proximity. Mating happened freely and loosely in hunter-gatherer societies.

It was with whoever was good at providing (and most men are good at that on some level)

>but they aren't built to destroy one another in ideal conditions

AND THERE IT IS!
Thank you. And as you know, there is no ideal conditions in real life. Therefor people kill people.
And even if everyone lived in paradise, everyone is happy and never go hungry there will be something. Some little spark that sets off a couple dudes as we like to call them.
5 minutes later one of the dudes is on the ground with a cracked skull. Nature.

A general answer to the question "why humans are X" is "because humans who were not X died out".

The ideal existed a long time ago.
It was just destroyed by time and technology.

It sounds like you're in full denial so nothing I can say will matter. Just realize that you are full of shit and good luck finding someone to believe you.

>The ideal existed a long time ago.
Where? When? You tell me right now and give me a damn source.
Tell me one place, ONE SINGLE PLACE in our human history where there hasn't been any kind of problems. You can't.
Why don't you ask Mr Otzi, the 5 000 year old hunter who ended up murdered with an arrow in his back how he feels about your ideas about the "non murderous" mankind....
He's frozen, murdered corpse tells the story better than any of us can.

I have extreme doubt that in-group violence would even as prevalent as you say it is, but it is true that things like emotional explosions that resulted in death likely did happen. This doesn't change the fact that in the hunter-gatherer ideal, violent acts against other human beings would be close to non-existent despite the occasional hiccup.

>I have extreme doubt that in-group violence would even as prevalent

smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/ancient-brutal-massacre-may-be-earliest-evidence-war-180957884/

"Even nomadic hunter-gatherers engaged in deliberate mass killings 10,000 years ago"¨

You are grasping at straws that doesn't exist.

>I have extreme doubt that in-group violence would even as prevalent
youre just going to dismiss any and everything that gets posted

Otzi had sophisticated clothing

>The shoes have since been reproduced by a Czech academic, who said that "because the shoes are actually quite complex, I'm convinced that even 5,300 years ago, people had the equivalent of a cobbler who made shoes for other people"

>Ötzi's copper axe was of particular interest. The axe's haft is 60 centimetres (24 in) long and made from carefully worked yew with a right-angled crook at the shoulder, leading to the blade. The 9.5 centimetres (3.7 in) long axe head is made of almost pure copper, produced by a combination of casting, cold forging, polishing, and sharpening

He was relatively advanced.
And compounding matters,

>A 2012 paper by paleoanthropologist John Hawks suggests that Ötzi had a higher degree of Neanderthal ancestry than modern Europeans.[55]

He wasn't even pure Indo-european.
There's a good chance that things were less than ideal for him. Cuneiform already existed at the time of his death.

I don’t think the complexities of violence that occur around the world can be summarized in a single post, OP. Though ascribing it all to natural instinct isn’t a good place to start.

People have a natural phobia towards violence generally

Let's go back 5 000 more years then since you ignored the other time I posted it..

>Anytime men murder other men it's always an environmental consequence. It's never really normal.
Nope. Human's are notorious for being one of the very few animals that kill members of it's own species.

Their people were likely close to starving when they killed that tribe. It was all necessary, but still an environmental rarity.

It's the same reason modern people support war.

take the proxy off, faggot.

Ok so you just "know" everything and is completely ignoring evidence.
That's it for me, no point in this.

Attached: sgsdg.gif (267x200, 307K)

It says right in the article that those that were murdered likely had resources the murderers didn't have.

I would kill for land for people that matter to me.

>I would kill for land for people that matter to me

No you wouldn't. Because killing people isn't natural. That's what this entire thread has been about according to you.
You completely ignored the same thing when we said it earlier. "man killed because other man has something man want"
>no bla bla bla

But now it's ok? When you got evidence kicked right in your face, then you change your mind?

JESUS FUCK. And with that I have shamed my self for even answering this now very obvious troll.. Fuck me. Kudos dude. 10/10.

Attached: 111111111111.gif (420x315, 333K)

>Anytime men murder other men it's always an environmental consequence. It's never really normal.

Inter-group conflict has roots in environmental novelty, but we didn't evolve for it.

Killing other people may be beneficial in some circumstances, but usually it will bear a high chance of getting killed instead, or going to jail. Loss is lower than gain, so the ability to kill breeds out. That's why killing is hard for most people.

People normally don't want to kill people, that's what army training is designed to instill in people

People who play FPS video games are generally better recruits because they are desensitised to an extent, they can dissasociate their actions

The majority of people have a concious only 3% are sociopaths, killing another human is an awful thing that most people cannot fully contemplate, I feel for the bomber crews who must have killed hundreds of people how can you bear the thought of that

Based on what?

Based off of the greater pattern of life

Animals generally don't kill their own kind in a perfect environment. They kill other species of animal.

when you have 2 societies next to each other for each one to feel secure they have to be able to easily kill the other
this isn't compatible so theres an arms race and eventually war when if you asked each side if they wanted a war they could both honestly say they didn't

>Animals generally don't kill their own kind in a perfect environment. They kill other species of animal.
People generally don't kill their own kind in a perfect environment. They kill other species of animal--hurrrrrrrrrr

>this whole thread

Attached: brainlet.gif (618x894, 21K)

>People aren't animals

Your mind is stuck in the present.