Poland's only writer of note suing the people who made him famous

Is this the power of Poland?
variety.com/2018/gaming/news/the-witcher-andrzej-sapkowski-royalty-dispute-1202964998/

Attached: 1538569713902.png (701x714, 780K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gq51rzJVmJQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Poland's only writer of note

that would be Stanisław Lem

>Poland's only writer of note
>Who are Senkevich, Lem and Schultz

Imagine being snobby about video games when you fucking write fantasy books.
Like for fuck's sake, I can imagine a surgeon, an engineer, a lawyer or whatever looking at video games as useless wastes of time (which they are), but a writer of fantasy books? Lmao. Same shit as video games, in a more primitive forms.

>strike stupid deal
>"KURWA GIVE ME MORE KURWAA!!!"

He was already an internationally recognised writer before videogame, that's why they chose his books as the source material. Many european countries have a "bestseller clause" that protects content creators from being abused.

Anotherday another le amerifat owned epic style.

>internationally recognised writer

only in the local area, the witcher books weren't even translated into english before Witcher games got popular, and still some of them are not translated
Czechs, Hungarians, even Finns got it much earlier

>Sapkowski admitted he was “stupid” for selling the rights for a one-time payment in an interview with Eurogamer last year. “They offered me a percentage of their profits. I said, ‘No, there will be no profit at all — give me all my money right now! The whole amount.’ It was stupid. I was stupid enough to leave everything in their hands because I didn’t believe in their success. But who could foresee their success? I couldn’t,” he said.

Yeah, stupid guy, he got only about $15,000 for selling the rights to the Witcher and he thought he made a great deal.

You aren't GAMER so you don't understand how important Sapkovski is.

This looks like a case closed to me. He admits his own dumb mistake.

Attached: 21271173_478338875854972_6615237681276544129_n.jpg (841x484, 50K)

"When fans say that books are better than games"
Did I got that right?

AHAHAHA

yep

AAAHAAAAAAAAAHAHA

Attached: Chibi_Puck-Casca.jpg (240x240, 23K)

>15m
welp, that's it. It's over. They won't have enough funds to keep developing CYBRPNK2077.

lmao he won't get shit from them

Attached: 1537530197750.png (756x1005, 301K)

Nice.

>Who are Senkevich, Lem and Schultz
Good question.

He sold the rights and now he wants the rights for free back plus tip?

if you don't know Lem, you don't know science fiction

We have truly reached peak Pole

fpbp

Based

Manchild

>you don't know science fiction
Not really, no. I've read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" but that's probably the only book that counts as science fiction. Maybe others but nothing really comes to mind.

Do Westerners really not know who Stanislaw Lem is?
Is it because he's Polish? Do you guys know of Strugatsky brothers for example?

>"Video games are for children"
>writes books about Dragons n shit

Attached: 16.jpg (493x578, 60K)

His only good book is Solaris

You may not have heard about it but Sci-Fi stopped being popular quite a while back in the day

Nope to any of them. Sorry.

Witcher books aren't exactly made for children
Rape, nudity and gore are pretty common in them

You only know him because of Tarkowski, only poles and Russians know him.

>Is it because he's Polish?

He was Jewish actually

And Lem was popular only in the Eastern Bloc, well, even more in the USSR than in Poland itself.

Oh yeah, sorry, I guess I'll just give it up and go listen to some glamour rap while paying 5$ dollars for some Marvel film on my Iphone

Like Heinlines one is Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Having one book that good makes you a good SF writer

but actually no notthe only one i think

I had to Google him but out of his books I'm only familiar with Solaris and from the movie.

nah
read tons of SF back in my day though
probably this I'm too old for this shit

Heilen sucks.
Forever War>Starship Troopers
Regardless, Hg Wells, Jules Vernes, PKD, etc proves you wrong.

Why are you so surprised? Have you ever heard of Janusz Zajdel? In Poland he's even more popular than Lem, but I'm sure you or any average Russian has never heard of him.

Some writers gain popularity in certain places but it doesn't mean they're known everywhere.

Neither are a lot of video games.

Yeah we have popular sci fi writers too like that guy wrote Night Watch whatshisname
I thought Lem is beyound that level. Like above Liu Cixin

>Schultz
Not Polish.

I read Solaris. It's reasonably well known in America.

Hussite Trilogy>Witcher

I can't speak for anywhere else, but
>americans
>reading anything that isnt a trend
No, we don't know who Lem is. I read a lot - 30-40 books a year - and I've only heard of Lem. If you aren't a Harry Potter, Twilight, SoIaF, etc., your average American won't read it.

The story isn't even that good , the gameplay and graphics of the witcher 3 is why people play the game.
If the story was really that good than witcher 1 and 2 wouldn't pale in comparison to 3.

do not expect murrifats to know who Lem is. The only famous "writer" they know would be Colonel Sanders who apparently wrote crispy wings recipe.

Attached: 1534175032578.png (960x960, 197K)

I liked 1 as much as 3

2 was meh

This. Imo witcher 1 has better replay value than the rest and the music is GOAT

Attached: 6f5.gif (200x203, 611K)

>REEEEE EVERYONE ARE MAN CHILDREN LIKE ME

Ive recently learned that sapkowski wrote fantasy about hussites but there is also magic and lot of sex. It seems like he some medievalboo/fantasyboo type who also has some writing talent. Such person sounds like stereotypical gamer type. Is he too much of a boomer to consider gaming serious bussiness?

>Is he too much of a boomer to consider gaming serious bussiness?

Attached: sapkowski.png (250x244, 80K)

The combat in 1 system really put me off , basically just click on the enemy until he dies.

Any lawbro can tell us his chances of winning the lawsuit?
Also
>only writer of note

lmao, even I never heard that name

Sapkowskiy is known because of Witcher
Strugatskies are known because of STALKER

he was pretty famous before the game too, maybe "made him famous in the usa" or "made him more famouser" lol

It would be zero in America, but who knows about weird Polish laws.

literally who
>sci fi
literally who reads sci fi

if he signed contract with them, its already gg for him. Basically same way how Bill Gates jewed that guy with MS DOS.
16 million seems like a lot. But in such cases people would often demand huge amount of money to intimidate their opponents and force them into some backroom deal where they will be willing to settle for much smaller amount for not dragging it into court.

He copied Moorcock

soibois

>I don't even care about your stupid vidya games
>...but give me my 16M

What a sad man.

I've read the first book and it was _fine_ only because I had played some Witcher already.

Attached: 1396371638739.gif (450x402, 839K)

stanislav lem... hm, is it that guy who wrote verse that "i'm a robot full of fun, water doesn't scare me none" (:

anyway he's dead and if we speak about dead guys there was that nobel prize winner sienkievich etc.

literally who cares who are known by the common folk, they mostly don't know shit anyway, whoever happened to write something for a game they play is an "author of note" to them

He's right though.

This.

I hated the controls in it.

how?
he just wants to push his state of being a man child on everyone else

stop being a fucking leaf and improve yourself instead of pointing your finger at other people

Buy high, sell low

t. Polish businessman

Solidarity was a mistake
Bring back the Warsaw Pact

Solaris is imo his worst book, his comedy stories are far better.

>useless wastes of time
*sips* yea, sports are useless so are movies literature, games and all recreational activities that aren't productive.

They are good for the imagination and creativeness.

Yeah poles are stupid, thanks for the update.

He was right though.

I think what he's getting at is that the poleling is not a serious writer. Although I have not seen the books or games I disagree with this assumption. Certain fantasy authors like Gene Wolfe or Tolkien were clearly very skilled artists--probably more skilled than many of those acknowledged as great anglophone writers in the latter half of the 20th century.

>noooo stop making my series popular and successful, rrreeee!!!!
I disliked that retarded drunkard for quite some time already, but this is a new low. He should be kissing CDPR's ass for what they did for his mediocre books.

Why are leafs so hateful and obnoxious?

Hes an arrogant tard, games require much more technology, skill, resources and creativeness/iq to make than most other mediums.

παkπ!

Attached: Κυβεριάδα.jpg (404x600, 79K)

Chad Video games
Virgin books

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gq51rzJVmJQ

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-03-16-52-52.png (720x1280, 321K)

>be a Polish studio
>make a video game based on a Polish writer's books
>he hates you and actively hinders your commercial success with his autistic rants and lawsuits like the arrogant asshole he is

>be a Polish studio
>make a game based on Black American writer's book
>he's very enthusiastic, cooperative, and actively promotes the game and its creators
Really makes you think don't it

It seems like white people are still a problem sad but nice to see that black people are still better than whiteys racist ass

Stop calling us wh*te you fucking leaf
I am Iranic

sorry for my racist assumption I will allow you to fuck and impregnate my wife and I will raise your son to make up for this crime against your culture

Preach it my sarmatian brother.

Das rite wh*Tey, know your place.

I like the books and the games.

>What is HIS MASTER'S VOICE

umm Sienkiewicz? Conrad? Mickiewicz? Gombrowicz?

well Conrad might be polish but he wrote all of his books in england and in english (his niece translated them to polish) so i don't know if he counts as polish writer

Based book. Still not worth hundreds of thousands of Russians dying to clean up Pooland but they partially redeemed themselves with this

I was going to write that I feel sorry for him, but not after seeing this pic. Fuck him.

you realize that it isn't really Sapkowski, just some old homo who resembles him?

desu he wrote some non fantasy books too

>Alright, I was stupid, now pay me.

Attached: 1538526769005.png (1182x1080, 477K)

A true polish national hero.

He should say hes jewish. Not paying him would then be hate crime

Oh. In that case I wish he would've been smart enough to agree to a percentage instead.
Anyone would feel cheated if they had taken the same deal and missed out on several millions.