Why does Spain seem like it's trapped in the '90s/ early 2000s?

Why does Spain seem like it's trapped in the '90s/ early 2000s?

From the infrastructure, to the interior decorating, to the popular music, to the lousy customer service, to the way people just lounge about on park benches all day - the country feels like it stopped moving after the economic crash. What's going on, Spain?

Attached: tapapies2014-2638-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j5FhJkRle_E
youtube.com/watch?v=i3BchArpZVE&t=33s
forocoches.com
youtube.com/watch?v=aqvpMJNlqxE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

keepin it a e s t h e t i c

>Spain seems like it's trapped in the '90s/ early 2000s
And that's a good thing

There's nothing wrong with that. The only upsides to the present day over back then are that cars have gotten more efficient and computers/phones have gotten batter.

Almost everything else is worse now.

Attached: 1537761837221.jpg (4000x3000, 2.54M)

That's how most places in Europe that aren't economically booming/super relevant feels like.
A friend of mine went to Glasgow and said it felt like he took a time machine to the 90s. Best trip of his life.

Lol I'm from England. Have we really fucked Scotland that bad?

90s Europe was top tier comfy. You did them a favor.

The fuck, I used to go to glasgeh for work all the time and it's really not like that.

The inner city suburbs look like Moldova though with the sense of security you'd feel in some shithole like baltimore

if you go to rural Castille it still looks like the 60s, and in the northern interior of Portugal, the 40's, I love it, where my granmother was born

youtube.com/watch?v=j5FhJkRle_E

youtube.com/watch?v=i3BchArpZVE&t=33s

comfy

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 523K)

Thats a good thing retard

Attached: cabra-legion-1.jpg (960x782, 100K)

>From the infrastructure, to the interior decorating, to the popular music, to the lousy customer service, to the way people just lounge about on park benches all day
Sounds comfy desu

Southern European countries have been stuck in stagnation for some time. Italy's economic growth peaked at the end of the 80s and it's been only worse now, same with Spain, Greece or Portugal.

I guess Eastern Europe just took a share of your wealth, having lower wages and therefore more western European companies prefer to invest here than in the "lazy" South, even the southern European companies.

>Spain seems like it's trapped in the '90s/ early 2000s?
Absolutely and unironically based. Don’t change, Spain, I know where I’m moving to now.

based, most of Spain looks like this, let's keep it that way.

This,rural Spain is like the 50s,also because its full of old people wanting to keep it like the old days

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 152K)

It seems like a lot of Latin America is like this, especially Argentina and Uruguay. Can any boludos conform?

why would locations like this live in the 21st century?

Attached: Candelario-Salamanca-t.jpg (820x492, 155K)

those chairs looks so uncomfy

>It seems like a lot of Latin America is like this
*as well

This, and Italy is the same.

I worry that when boomers die, those old traditions will die with them too.

I love riding my bicycle across the villages here and see women dressed in black, talking with each other in the cool shades during summer. and be received by an old man when I enter a typical village cafe, and see another bunch of old men playing cards

Attached: velhada.jpg (1024x685, 164K)

>tfw you made the mistake of going to Barcelona
Never felt so unwelcome in any other foreign country. I hadn't noticed the news about people disliking tourists there. I wish I'd done more homework. Expensive, unpleasant experience. Also so many places are cash-only. Fuck that shit in the current year.

Attached: Sad-Kanye.png (553x291, 421K)

Spain and Portugal are fine just the way they are.

foreigners G E T O U T

if you don't like it, don't come here, really simple

Salamanca's villages feel like home :)

Attached: vitigudino.jpg (308x163, 16K)

Attached: ciudadrodrigo.jpg (275x183, 15K)

>Barcelona
Why would you go there,all of Catalonia is a shithole filled with hostile people and overated af,just visit the rest of Spain which is way better than that shithole

Attached: ALQUEZAR-BARBASTROCONGRESOSBARBASTRO.png (2000x1038, 3.46M)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!1
keep the foreigners there, in the mediterranean coast, and keep the interior comfy.
Tourists bring modernity and alien behaviours with them

Attached: Ledesma-salamanca.jpg (1065x599, 365K)

I personally won't but either way it's shitty to take it out on tourists. They were invited to come by the people who profit from tourism. Then when they get there they're having to deal with the poor people who don't like tourists (despite their jobs depending on it in many cases). They're too weak to challenge the people with power in their society so they take it out on innocent people just trying to have a holiday. It's honestly pathetic.

>keep the interior comfy
Most tourists dont visit the rural interior,only big cities and the coast

Attached: AndalucC3ADa_Zahara_de_la_Sierra1_tango7174.png (960x600, 1.12M)

I got dragged there by someone else. I prefer less crowded places too.

People in Portugal seemed really friendly. You must be an outlier.

it's impossible to deal with it, tourism is too overwhelming in Barcelona since it's a very very dense city, most dense in Europe, it's already maxed out without foreigners.
I've been to Barcelona and I pity the locals.

I know, it's good :)

Attached: pano-avila-nevada.jpg (2000x785, 330K)

Well you could have American infrastructure, which is stuck in 1955.

that the main Spanish internet hub

forocoches.com

it does indeed look like something from the late 90s/early 00s

We don’t even have a passenger rail network.
Republicans deliberately underfund a lot of public services so they can go “look, it don’t work! Time to give more subsidies to my oil executive friends.”

but even this is place is not out of reach

Attached: file.png (213x245, 33K)

Tourists should do their homework before they go but most of the people are totally ignorant of the situation. Few are going to go to a world-renowned tourist destination in a first-world country and even consider that they might be causing trouble by doing so. That would not dawn on anyone unless they were alerted to it first. If people have a problem there must be ways to communicate that message beyond scrawling graffiti or, much more popular, just being a dick or passive-aggressive.

More responsibility rests though with the people who profit from tourism within Spain. They're actively trying to make foreigners come to Spain and they have responsibility for it as Spanish citizens. But targeting clueless smiling tourists must be easier.

Well shit looks like I'm going on a roadtrip around your countries some day and there is nothing you euromexicans can do to stop me

they beat you up??? or insulted you?
if yes, that's out of line, but you shouldn't demand them to smile at you or something.

>I know, it's good :)
the inland is rapidly aging and depopulating

that's good too. castilla y leon needs no more than a million people, then it achieves top comfy status. I like quiet places

a million seniles, how great

it's promoted by separatitst and commies, the main problem is the rise of the prices of the houses in the tourist areas because room renting, that should be banned? idk really

no. 400.000 old people, 400.000 adults 200.000 less than 18 year olds, it's good.
Old people are better than young people

Well at least they enjoy life unlike angry obsessive-compulsive Nazi automatons from Northern Europe.

introspective, comfy desolation and solitude, that's the spirit of Castilla

youtube.com/watch?v=aqvpMJNlqxE

Don't worry Spain, I was shocked when I visited Zurich and they had 40-year-old trams there and I'd say they made up like half of their trams.

Even in Poland we have really few of such trams and they're about to be replaced with new ones, while in one of the richest cities on Earth Zurich is they didn't seem to care.

Lol they were literally fascist less than 45 years ago

Spain has good infrastrucure, op wasn't talking about that

And thats why it is so good now

Attached: San_martin_de_trevejo_pueblo.jpg (960x416, 124K)

>the main problem is the rise of the prices of the houses in the tourist areas because room renting, that should be banned?
fuck yes.

>so good now

>no jobs
>low salaries
>depopulating
>rapidly aging
>islolated
>no young women

OP literally said:

>Why does Spain seem like it's trapped in the '90s/ early 2000s? From the infrastructure, to the interior decorating,

And Cuba is authoritarian now and at the same time the most relaxed and laid-back place you could ever imagine. Fascism is more like a state of mind.

ah ok, well I don't agree there then

ah ok, well I don't agree there then

a castillian girl is better than 10 catalan/calencian sluts though

i meant it in the traditional/cultural sense

>
>no young women
Spain is a country for old people, the average age is 40yo or so

average catalan

Attached: img_797x448$2015_07_06_16_59_24_127681.jpg (797x423, 91K)

average castillian

Attached: 1537098608689.jpg (471x640, 87K)

average galician

Attached: 1465288425752.jpg (2235x1676, 397K)

>Spain
>trapped in the 90s

Oh how I fucking wish that were true!!! You haven't the remotest idea how Spain was in the 90s

One imagines it was like the 80s

Tourism industry wants them, unlike the spanish population

#
Low unemployment, almost no migrants and la ruta del bakalao

Tbh it's the only livable place nowadays. That, and the north. Been recently to Burgos, used to be a rundown provincial town but nowadays it's cozy and modern af (in the good sense). Would love to live there.

i like her best

The 80s and late 70s were a piece of shit, but culturary was better, that's all

And an actual middle class, much more livable cities, more civic behaviour, actual normal bars and restaurants instead of ones with either shitty food or hipster food in mini-rations, pesetas instead of fucking yuros, cozy cafe con leche and churros in the Plaza Mayor for real... Shiny happy people.

Just wait for another earthquake to rebuild it as futuristic

Diss those nostalgia glasses, user. 90s Spain was simpler for us because we were kids, but it was a way worse place than now.

>much more livable cities, more civic behaviour
Everything was much dirtier and more dangerous. Whole neighbourhoods like Madrid's San Blas or Barcelona's Poble Sec were literal no-go zones, in contrast to today's few hot spots. Galicia was made of druglords' kingdoms. AIDS and heroin were a national problem. There were lice outbreaks in many children's schools. I recall finding used syringes in parks as a kid. I never found any as a teenager or adult. (t. raised in Vallecas)

> actual normal bars and restaurants instead of ones with either shitty food or hipster food in mini-rations
Those still exist, are still the majority, and fortunately people no longer throw their garbage on the bar floor, which was the standard in the 90s.

> cozy cafe con leche and churros in the Plaza Mayor for real
Yeah tourism fucks up everything but the trick to find real food is to avoid areas where tourists concentrate. In fact the worst restaurant in Spain according to TripAdvisor is in front of Sagrada Familia lel. If you go to a bar with an English "tourist menu" and huge pics explaining what pulpo a la gallega is, and you don't like the food, it is entirely your fault.

Just because nigger music is not as popular here as it is in other countries does not mean our popular music is worse.

No, but I suppose politeness is out of the question.
Yeah, and the tourism industry in Spain is run by Spanish, no? They seem like the people to blame, not the tourists.

>Everything was much dirtier and more dangerous. Whole neighbourhoods like Madrid's San Blas or Barcelona's Poble Sec were literal no-go zones, in contrast to today's few hot spots. Galicia was made of druglords' kingdoms. AIDS and heroin were a national problem
That's more from the 80s and 70s, from mid 90s there was almost no junkies and I never had problems with gyppos, I live near Vallecas, all was somehow safe compared with the 80s

Spain is my only friend :)

Attached: image-105219-galleryV9-ogfz-105219.jpg (850x603, 98K)

This is stupid and you're still shit next to any of us.

The reason is because people on rural/interior areas are all old folks or rednecks and therefore keep the things classy. Main cities are 'normal' though.

>tee-hee i like the 90's and traditional countryside so much i hope it never changes and fuck foreigners
>yet i prefer spending my weekend posting in an international dildo printing forum

Attached: 1528922710686.jpg (837x715, 118K)

most of our infrastructure was built during the 80s, not the good kind though

I do though, best of both worlds

you are Puerto Rican though

precisely my point, our infrastructure is shit

>Why does Spain seem like it's trapped in the '90s/ early 2000s?
>From the infrastructure, to the interior decorating, to the popular music, to the lousy customer service, to the way people just lounge about on park benches all day
That's actually a really spot on observation, OP.

I've noticed it about interior design and fashion especially. What IS the deal with that?

what portugal's reddit/Jow Forums/forocoches

Did you make enough money from pimping hookers in your soviet shithole of a country yet, Igor?
>Latvia =Thailand of Europe

It's the fucking Plaza Mayor though. It used to be "ours" now it's "theirs". It no longer is a Spanish site (like so many others), they should label it as "site of interest located at x coordenates in the map. Locals, families and kids, used to come here to buy stamps, drink coffee and churros and hang around the flea market stores and memorable historic buildings on a typical sunday morning walk until ~20 yrs ago". At least that would be honest.

"No go zones" were a thing indeed. You coming from Vallecas know well about it. But I still miss and am fond of the old Chueca as opposed to the new Chueca f.i. Also those type of areas were a thing generally everywhere, not just Spain. It's just people have become more tamed overtime, not that quality and standards of life have gotten better for the majority. Our lovely junkies, knife-point robbers, pimp and whores got replaced by sudacas happy to get by with shit money and shit housing.

>Spain seems like it's trapped in the '90s/ early 2000s
brb, moving to Spain.

>What IS the deal with that?
I think outside the tourist areas the average Manolo has little to do with the rest of the world, plus they are locked out of the English speaking internet.

Same for Italy

But aren't Germans as well? You put voice-over on all English-speaking media, don't you?

speaking of latin americans, why are there so many there? I've seen that most of the inmigrants don't seem to be fond of you guys

Hans haven't you got "Syrian" bulls to prep?

I noticed this with a lot of countries.

not the same, german culture is more similar to english/american/dominant world culture anyway.
And most of their older people still go online, and can talk english.
In Portugal for example, people older than 50 know almost nothing of English, and half of them don't use the internet. It's a whole different world

why is it that way?

plus Spanish are particularly insular people, they rarely take holidays away from their country, and they rarely emigrate, plus have a xenophobic mindset against anything foreign.
most popular music is in spanish, same for movies, etc...

Germany lies in the heart of Europe and its economy is heavily based on exports.
Germans speak better English, too

because they were taught French while growing up, and they prefer to play cards, and go to cafes all night than to go online