Modern architecture is shi-

>Modern architecture is shi-

Attached: 1200px-Rietveld_Schröderhuis_HayKranen-20.jpg (1200x800, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rietveld_Schröder_House
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I unironically like container buildings.

I even go in google sketchup and design townhomes.

Attached: E419437D-296D-40FA-9FF7-CFEBBE842D2B.jpg (2500x1844, 1.26M)

t. We literally live in a timeline when "hidden meaning" of a building is considered to be above its looking

-t

>bruh walls are gay just make your window your wall
Hope these speds enjoy cleaning dead birds off it.

All you are doing is proving that modern architecture is shit, you aren't even trying to defend it!
DOWN WITH SHITTY MODERN ARCHITECTURE

for real though, modern architecture often does some great shit with volumes and such but it's all hampered by the fucking complete and utter barebone-ness that makes you feel like you're in a lab rat maze that some fucking scientists weren't willing to spend more that 20 bucks on

you need those materials and that ornamentation, it's not just "oh this is pretty" but just the presence of it in the edge of your field of view transforms the space even though it's basically the same

I remember I had to write about how this shit was good in an architecture class I took last year

>muh women
>muh outside looks like inside
>muh primary colors

In traditional architecture, “form follows function”. The building’s layout was designed to interact with the neighborhood and nature surrounding it.

With modernism you had a bunch of architects trying new things solely because they were new, and didnt serve a purpose.
That’s why the buildings look bad, and why they command a lower market value.

its fucking shit

shittier than I thought it was

My city is making big strides in developing the city center and getting whites living downtown again.
But some of the stuff they’re building is super barebones modern.
One of these concrete townhomes goes for $600k.

Attached: 1C8E3F24-895B-43B8-A9FB-8224E601EE79.png (663x884, 858K)

>Old architecture gud, modern one bad

Attached: 433.png (211x239, 5K)

We aren't upgrading from huts to actual houses here.

not at all what I'm talking about
think of like one of those pompous train stations, they've got great ornamentation but otherwise it's very geometrical in terms of volume
some modern architecture can instead make interesting organic shape, as they should because our technology is so much better

>some modern architecture can instead make interesting organic shape
Some maybe, but whenever some fag starts jerking off over modern architecture they're posting angular pretentious garbage like the examples in this thread.

I genuinely like this design, wish I could afford to buy a similar house

I’m talking about this. Buildings are built right up to the street to make the most of the lot, there’s no useless patch of grass to imitate nature.
Windows on all sides to get natural light. Ground floor retail, living space above. Sloped roof allows rain/snow to run off and shields the interior from excess heat
The traditional city is a masterpiece of design from thousands of years of trial and error and foresight.
Then we threw it all away with modernism and suburbia.

Attached: 05DAAC22-EB8C-4523-98A2-0CE9831BBBFA.jpg (800x533, 221K)

sure, but I think that's orthogonal to what I'm talking about

I can already see the basic bitches decorating these soulless monoliths with live laugh love pillows

Those bitches live in McMansions.
These are for nu males who just loooove modern art!

But this is ironically a return to traditional design in some way. The houses were built on an old street in the city to get people away from suburbs and in the city where they don’t have to drive everywhere. The guy who built it has renovated a lot of historic buildings in my city.

Attached: 635CCFCB-C93A-4AEF-BEBE-45C71144ADFC.jpg (1280x853, 193K)

There's a place near where I live which is made up of containers stacked up on top of each other. It's mostly random shops, food places and tattooists who work there

I just think it looks kinda tacky

Attached: IMG-9940.jpg (900x600, 139K)

That looks dreadful..

It does.
But it’s a cheap, sturdy building material and we have 750k sitting around the US doing nothing. We also have a big problem here: we need more people living in cities, people want to live in the city, but it’s not affordable.
Also, you can give the containers a facade. Plaster will hide the fact that’s it’s a container and insulate it simultaneously. It’s a practical innovation for the US, maybe not elsewhere.

Attached: A97957B4-F9C3-4581-ACE6-A3082BD7F1BF.jpg (671x448, 109K)

Affordability doesn't just come from the material or design of the houses. In many cities that suffer from suburbia hell, housing is overpriced almost solely based on the geographical location.

>I even go in google sketchup and design townhomes.
Ah yes, the autism.

[spoiler]I know it well.[/spoiler]

CAR HOLES

hey I know this building, it was on my way home from university in Utrecht.
Don't think it's very special though.

it's pretty famous

Rietveld Schröderhuis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rietveld_Schröder_House

looks meh

Attached: 1484688231001.jpg (800x1040, 154K)