When did the obsession over this ugly piece of shit start?

When did the obsession over this ugly piece of shit start?

Attached: IMG_3959.jpg (1979x3046, 1.1M)

t. Maupassant

>ugly piece of shit
>under such flag
top lel

>monument built to commemorate a (((world fair))) around 1890
What does this thing even have to do with French history?
Would make a lot more sense to obsess over the Panthéon

it's overrated desu

what does your monuments have to do with usa ? statue of liberty built by the french to commemorate the liberty of a country that perfidiously spoiled its land to innocent native americans.

Eiffel Tower is incredibly overrated you dumb frog.

Why do you hate it so much?
Also the obsession pretty much started when the last part was built
Maybe you haven't seen it irl, that's why you may think it's overrated

>muh Native Americans

>monument built to commemorate a (((world fair))) around 1890
wtf user?

When was that picture taken? I was there on August, it looked nothing like your picture.

What? Piece of shit was supposed to be taken down

Attached: IMG_3960.jpg (220x295, 56K)

It's one of the greatest, if not the greatest engineering accomplishment of its time, being an absolute marvel of riveted iron lattice construction, and not only becoming the tallest structure in the world at 300 meters but also doing so with a singular 131 meter leap in height after the record only grew by 23 meters from 146 meters (Great Pyramid of Giza) to 169 meters (Cologne Cathedral) in 4450 years. Imagine a new world's tallest building that's almost twice as tall as the previous world's tallest building. As an engineering feat it's an even greater accomplishment than the Burj Dubai.

>let's kill millions of native americans living there since milleniums because i couldn't make a living in europe
>we are the good guys i swear

Doesn't explain why people care about it today

Sorry my mistake I've read "world war"...

okay, I'll give it credit for its work, I would still rather see other things in Paris than the tower

Mainly they died from disease but you know that.
What does a Fr*nch know about not killing people anyways?

Attached: IMG_3961.jpg (220x294, 30K)

It looks cool
Jeez why do you care so much
You may not like it but French people love it, who cares

I don't get why so many tourists go to France in the first place, but as for tourism in France the Eiffel Tower is one of the better sights. First of all it's become iconic for the city of Paris, secondly it offers an enjoyable ascent and a great view across the city. I mean, why do people care about the Empire State Building, it's just an old office tower, right?

Attached: Empire_State_Building_15_Dec_2005.jpg (1333x1000, 534K)

Tourists go to a country and don't know anything about the actual history of the place so just end up spending all there time at and taking pictures of preconceived tourist destinations to show off that they're cultured online

The main attractive of the Eiffel tower is that once you are there you can see Paris without seeing the stupid eiffel tower in the horizon

eh, they mostly died because the white settlers didn't follow the treaties with the natives and decided to screw with them more often, in Latin America you can still see a decent amount of amerindians despite the fact that many died from the diseases except from the caribbean, where most were wiped out by the diseases and the survivors blended in with the spaniard and african population

My great grandfather was tight with Gustave Eiffel

Good job, you've figured out the evil doings of tourists, I hope it helps you lead a better life.

terror lasted a couple of years, native americans genocide is eternal

you could at least have quoted the man who said that first

>the war will feed itself
>let's go kill innocent Egyptians and destroy take their ancient artifacts
>consumes Europe in Napoleonic wars
>1830
>1848
>...
French are savages

The reason "more natives survived" in the South is because the colonists mixed with them which didn't happen in the north

IIRC the Parisians hated it originally.

Americans destroyed much lives in a shorter period of time tho

it's an impressive and symbolic structure, don't see what the problem is

Do you work for the Paris tourism board?

>I mean, why do people care about the Empire State Building, it's just an old office tower, right?
I dont think it gets many tourists but if you've been in it or the Chrysler building you'd understand they have a very intricate art decor designs. The Empire State also has a dirigible mast to dock zeppelins.

Attached: dirigible-docked-at-empire-state-building_a-G-12643607-14258389.jpg (366x488, 30K)

but there are also unmixed natives

its not so bad

So because retarded tourists obsess over the eiffel tower you hate it?
You're a retard

And you have the Statue of Liberty (always Eiffel) which is even worst. Literally not worth a visit.

Doesn't make you any less savage though. Also not sure if the comparison over the time gap is fair

I wish they knocked it down to build more houses. French make nice houses

Unmixed got trail of tear'd in the US whereas you guys just bred them

And it was probably one of the tallest building at the time

Yes until the third part was being built they turned around and thought it wasn't too bad
It's a meme that the tower was kept only because the army wanted it, the people were obsessed by it as well

>take their ancient artifacts
To be fair they didn't care at that time.

>Doesn't make you any less savage though
France didn't eradicated cultures and lives of countries they invaded, anglos in the other way..

By far the tallest.

>native americans genocide is eternal
>95% died from disease before the pilgrims set foot in the U.S.
>the others descendants still live

Yeah we are terrible. With the exception of the trail of tears (which was created by a southerner and solely benefited southerners) most who lost land did it by fighting against us in a war (Revolution and 1812) or selling land to us.

yes still perfidious land spoiler because you couldn't make a living in old europe

You go there and take pics from the top, pretty nice view

The Fr*nch are hypocrite losers.

>Anglos
Life isn't good in Europe so go to Americas to build a new world
>French
Life isn't good in Europe so start a violent revolution

>hatong yourself
or
>larping under a proxy
or
>mutt in vacation
in all cases you're pathetic

>Didn't happen in the North
I'll have to tell the mixed Mohegans I know that there was no mixing.

There are more in the South because the Southern population of Americans was much smaller and the 5 civilized tribes were from there. With the exception of the Iroquois most of the Northern tribes were pretty backwards and some like the Pequots went full retard.

but you left AND started a violent revolution AND a civila war, LMAO

>because you couldn't make a living in old europe
They made a living in Europe that's why they could pay to get over here. Do you think being a dirt farming peasant too poor to go to the new world is an accomplishment compared to building cities from wilderness? Stop listening to Varg the 13 were made up of colonists from all social and religious backgrounds. You could actually read a book.

The revolution was after and we weren't killing everyone we could find.

The civil war was a bunch of ass blasted southerners. A literal minority.

To be fair it's just turbulence that goes with starting a new country. America has been pretty stable since whereas France tried to have a revolution every 10 years

I'm not Fr*nch. I didn't decide to be born in a region which has been annexed by Fr*nce.

ikr, it's not bad but there are much better landmarks in Paris alone

>building cities from wilderness
it's piss easy to build cities from scratch after eradicating the vast majority of people living there and when you use charge free nigger workers, on the other hand it was hard to be a poor peasent in europe and being slaved by autocratic frauds.

I would think that there are better places in Paris to visit. Like the art museum that has the moaning liza, and the arch of victory.

you're such a huge fucking cuck, you should consider hanging yourself to a tree

>a giant iron dildo
Frogs are GAY

Arc de Triomphe was a let down to me. First of all it's in the middle of a hectic, loud gigantic roundabout, and secondly it's not that tall and all you could look at were rooftops and straight big roads full of cars going in like six or eight directions. I found Montmartre and Sacre Ceour pretty nice.

It was the first major structure made of steel, maybe?

Yeah, and this is why central and south America are so much better off than the north

>which didn't happen in the north

Attached: HgR-Map.jpg (800x445, 70K)

Breton? Gascon? Alsatian?