Why do Americans put the American flag in front of their homes?

Why do Americans put the American flag in front of their homes?

Attached: American-Flag-Outside-.jpg (460x345, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/video/is-it-made-in-america-waving-the-flag-dgf78tIFR3Oeb0n6gxxofg.html/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because we actually have reason to be proud of our country

Because we actually have a reason to be proud of our country

>he doesn't love his country

Attached: IMG_4084.jpg (976x549, 222K)

they're brainwashed

Markers for drive-by shooters

aren't you DESPERATELY begging us to become a state and aren't we repeatedly denying you? lmao

thanks for paying US federal taxes though, faggot

To remind them they left their motherland and roots.

If they don't, the political police comes around and dumps them in the middle of the Pacific

As if your diaspora doesn't have a parade every other week

Swedes also do this

Jingoism

It's not as common as people think. And that image was probably taken near a holiday.

On average i'd say maybe 1/20 houses have a flag. Depending on the area, in suburbs it's slightly more popular, but still only maybe 1/10. And it's generally a small flag. Or a massive one.

I also can think of several houses that have the CSA flag, and one that has the marines flag flying. Along with state flags from time to time. And even one house that puts up the colonial flag from time to time.

The literal definition of the term virtual signalling.

Then why do you fucks never, ever shut the fuck up about being Puerto Rican?

>Made in China

At least learn how to spell the term you fucking Gooknadian.

>Puerto Rican flags all over NYC

>July 3 (Bloomberg) -- While the U.S. imported about $3.8 million worth of flags last year, it's a myth that most U.S. Flags are manufactured in China. Bloomberg gets the facts about Old Glory that may surprise you.

bloomberg.com/video/is-it-made-in-america-waving-the-flag-dgf78tIFR3Oeb0n6gxxofg.html/

I visited the Florida and compared to the UK it's really fucking common.

EVERYTHING has a flag, it's surreal.

But isn't the UK flag rare in the UK?
Isn't seen as taboo?

be proud

Attached: 64ifhbl5xmm11.jpg (640x770, 113K)

Nothing wrong with a little patriotism.

>florida
Typical Brit meme state 2bh
Only tourists you see there besides you guys are Germans

so that on the day of the rope we can distinguish the red-blooded american patriots from the godless commie homodegenerate scum and act accordingly

st georges cross is, union jack isn't taboo

Not the Union Jack, the English flag is because it got co-opted by the far right so it is seen as "trashy" now (unless the world cup is on).

Americans really like flags for some reason. The guy who came up with vexillology was an American. I also have a neighbor with a collection of flags from random countries he's visited and he flies them every so often.

Because of disneyland
happiest place on earth

cool LARPing

The Everglades too, amazing place.

Because they're Americans. Literally chimpanzee tier
Also. I can't go to Yemen, I'm an analyst

>its fifa world cup again I guess

That "pride" rarely seems to extend to anything beyond "muh liberty, muh individualism, muh democracy". All seems quite vapid and uninspiring to me.

ameriKKKa is a 1984-like fascist dictatorship of state worship

So, its our job to inspire you?

They lack actual patriotism and replace it with flag waving, creepy North Korea tier shit, and bumper stickers claiming support for the troops.

Disneyland is un California, Disneyworld is in Florida

I only do it for national holidays. Most of the year I don't have it up.

The answer to your question is that I'm not a self-hating teenager who is afraid of my own nation.

>mfw some houses in my neighborhood have an American flag waving outside

Attached: 1493265949558.png (711x633, 192K)

taxation without representation is bad, though
I thought you knew that

Because they're fat and stupid

You Americans sure as passive aggressive cunts, completely incapable of criticism or self reflection.

Are they expats or Mexican-Americans who moved back?

>can't wave your own country's flag
absolute cuckoldry

They think virtue signaling replaces real solidarity.

Because it's the McDonald's of flags so it can be used anywhere at any time and no one cares

You should see Louisiana during the 4th or July. Many of us in Lafayette fly French flags right underneath the American flags.

They do have representation

It's only natural to fly a flag or a pennant.

Attached: flagging.jpg (900x600, 268K)

Est-ce que tu parle le français cajun?

Both but I think the latter is more common

Why is that bad?

shouldn’t everyone have pride in their homeland?

The amount of butthurt you guys constantly get out of americans on this board suggest a level of national pride that isn’t as Shallow as you seem to think.

I’m not saying it’s intelligent or justified, but I wouldn’t question how genuine it is or how passionately it’s held.

Proud of how rapidly we can change a 90% white country to 56%?

How would you define the “actual” patriotism that we lack?

tfw you did 23&Me and you found out your ancestors way back when mated with shitskins

Attached: 13587774-DDBA-4FB0-8CB0-F463F0DCF758.jpg (655x509, 76K)

The answer is yes.
Can't understand why they fear their own flags.

Attached: Bergen 02.jpg (4320x2432, 3.22M)

um, no, they don't

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-06 Federal voting rights in Puerto Rico - Wikipedia.png (810x328, 52K)

Beautiful. Wish more cunts did this.

Usa!

Attached: 1521826812637.gif (387x335, 697K)

Why do you care?
You wouldn't exist if they didn't.

That's exactly our point. Not to blogpost but I'm the child of East German immigrants. They were one of the few who were able to flee without being caught or killed in the process. Transitioning from the Eastern Bloc to the United States is a cultural shock in terms of individual freedom, democratic elements, and all around liberty.

Have some pride in your country. There's a difference between patriotism and blind nationalism. You can disagree with whoever is running the show, government policies, or what not but don't be a complete and utter spineless faggot.

Attached: 1536606592091.gif (361x281, 2.1M)

they can’t vote during the general election, but they can vote in the presidential primaries. They also have a senator in our House of Representatives

We haven't asked the Brits for approval or permission for about 250 years now. You probably know something about that, too.

cartoons

Attached: 1526654444604.png (1952x1952, 3.02M)

its legal

>They also have a senator in our House of Representatives
A meme "senator" who is not allowed to vote.

The biggest reason is to honor military veterans. Many people are related to or know someone who has fought or died in a war thanks to the never ending sand adventures to defeat turrists

People must not be happy with where they live I suppose.

I don’t know why the french, Brits, Canadians, aussies hate their homeland so much

I wish more places flew their state flags. South Carolina, Alaska, and Rhode Island are all really pretty

They can still vote during the presidential primaries. Also, if they seek residency in a US state they automatically gain full voting powers

Sweden...
Why don't the French put the American flag on their porch

Attached: f16.jpg (710x720, 34K)

ITT: Jelly foreign faggots.

>Why do Americans

>Alaskan flag

Our was designed by a native kid.

Attached: CADF87D2-C661-4FCD-899A-D6064D7405E3.jpg (3008x2000, 166K)

I used to live in Fairbanks

Is there anything we do, or don't do, that there hasn't been a thread about?
This is getting stupid.

Agreed. Flying the flag all year round, particularly on sunny days, is a nice way of showing love for your country. Also, every year at 17th of may some Swedish journalists/colomnists write negatively about how nationalistic Norway is, because of pic related.

Attached: 17mai.jpg (2592x1728, 1.53M)

Fairbanks is my favorite spot in the state. I’m in Sitka at the moment.

>WHY DO AMERICANS DO THE THING???
Fuck off.

>>Why do Americans
The age old question

Why can't Puerto Ricans enjoy as many rights as other Americans? Are they a lesser people? Stop defending this bullshit, voting in midterms is not representation.

It's one of the few state flags that would work as a flag for a sovereign nation. Represents the place well, I would say.

I wonder what they did when Jow Forums was down for a day, who answered all their dumb questions

pic related is the real alaskan flag

Attached: alaska flag.png (1280x853, 113K)

They had a chance to opt in, and they voted no.

Now that their island is pile of wreckage and dismay, they suddenly want the rights of statehood.

I’m living in one of the original Russian settlements. Did you know some old people here still speak Russian?

*buys it for 7.2 million USD*
*converts Orthodox Christian eskimos to Protestantism*
Nothin' personnel, Ivan

>They had a chance to opt in, and they voted no.
Redpill me on that one. When did that happen and why did they vote no?

American soilders are zogbot faggots and anyone who is patriotic of this disgusting (((country))) should be slapped across the face

Couldn't care less about eskimos
Interesting. Tell me more about them. Do their kids speak russian? Why weren't they all purged during the cold war?

Oh that’s nice!
Really? I liked anchorage better. The only thing I like about is Brewsters on airport rd. They have good burgers.
They don’t pay Federal income tax

There are towns where you can find Old Believers still. They still speak Russian like they did when that schism happened centuries ago. They're very isolated and often dislike outsiders unless they convert and marry in.

There’s been 3 or 4 votes. The first 2 lost by narrow margins, but the most recent one is stuck in legal limbo.

Here you only do it if you're a retiree with an actual flagpole and want to look edgy in a weird boomer monarchist sort of way
There's nothing particularly political either way about the Australian flag per se but individuals who fly it are usually trying to make some kind of point

Attached: efe2d55bc1788a254e631a0a1ca07631.jpg (316x421, 20K)

Not the person you replied to but from what I've read about the latest vote was that Puerto Ricans voted to become a state but it wasn't a majority vote so it didn't count.

Kek at the nazi flag in the background.

Looks like my grandpa but with wh*te skin

your grandpa sounds like one of the good ones
loosely fitting polo shirts are the mark of a man who's found his place in the world