DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2059

This is a Japanese language learning thread for people interested in anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the guide before asking questions.
itazuraneko.neocities.org/

Book club
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/dokushobu.html

Previous Thread:

Attached: DJT54.png (1187x1200, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCaTFX7ckdowpnwHWcJGH2KQ
detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1453634039
知っ得袋.biz/1337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JKKAoC9mLBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 71007310_p0.jpg (1000x983, 691K)

Stumbled upon this channel the other day.
It's one of those cancerous vlogs but it contains a lot of back and forth conversation at natural speed.
youtube.com/channel/UCaTFX7ckdowpnwHWcJGH2KQ

Attached: 1532591017503.jpg (392x365, 90K)

>How feasible would it be to have a complete list of all previous DJT threads in the guides?
>Maybe with dates, maybe even with the OP text/pic depending on how automatable it'd be.
I did a bit of dicking around and came up with something.
itazuraneko.neocities.org/threads/intarchive.html

If that sort of thing is the sort of thing you are after, I can add to the list of things to work on regarding the site. Such as adding the dates, linking the threads properly, removing some of the reliance on desuarchive for images, that sort of junk. At the moment it's just the text and guts of the page, all of the styling, images, etc. are being fetched from the desuarchive site.

Attached: 093.png (379x500, 28K)

>oldest thread is the eviction from /a/
>spot several jamal shitposts beforehand
it all makes sense now

Attached: 1499745535754.jpg (1440x1080, 125K)

I put off reading for book club to the last moment just like I used to put off school assignments

I haven't even picked it up.

Attached: 1538589284928.jpg (687x613, 207K)

First chapter is pretty short. You guys have this

Attached: image.jpg (667x539, 277K)

Attached: 終わりにしよう.jpg (1032x1140, 648K)

日本語の予定は何ですか?

毎日か?まぁ、ニ時間で文法を練習してる、あんきの部分は三十分とそれだけさ。

Interesting. I thought about focusing on either grammar or kanji (w/vocabulary) first whilst ignoring the other until I'm done but it is counterproductive particulary when I already know the basics of both, no?

Zeroing in on one aspect of a thing is never a good procedure to follow when doing said thing, especially when it comes to language learning, and japanese at that. Nip is something you gradually get a grasp on as times goes by and you're exposed to more and more of their media, so I'd suggest you to take it easy and balance both based on your schedule, your deficiencies and problems in either parts and your own learning ability whilst also factoring in the mandatory and more important 1 to 3 hours of browsing nico douga and reading iyashikei manga and VNs after your study lessons that anchor your learnings.

Attached: 1538793562376.png (259x224, 70K)

The last boss of Japanese is speaking.

Considering there are like 10 different DJTs on several boards (4ch&8ch), how about we create our own board for DJT purposes where everyone is in the same thread/board?

I mean we got some skilled programmers around here from what I've seen.

I have learned Japanese by reading for up to 10h a day. Would even dream about it and get up in the middle of the night to check grammar and stuff sometimes.

I'd personally code it up myself if I didn't have to worry about legal ramifications.

>up to 10h a day
I wish I was a NEET.

I wish I could get into it like this. I would do the same thing with maths past papers at school.

I suppose the main difference is that an exam paper is an exploration of stuff you should already know, but reading would constantly throw up words that you have never seen.

The most important aren't even words themselves, it's the feeling for the language as a whole you can get from reading. I guess you could call that immersion.

I've got ~2200 kanji and have red Tae Kim through. What's the next step? Reading and referencing Tae Kim? What's good to read?

Thanks, about to fucking neck myself for how little comprehension I have after this long.

なんで and どうして are missing highlights/links on boiro on the itazuraneko site.

8ch allows for this sort of thing and it already has better features than Jow Forums. The biggest problem is that anons tend to not like places they aren't used to and will flat out refuse and be offended at the mere suggestion of posting somewhere else.

is 8chn still user at least

I don't like change

Why would you do that.

Don't really want to share a website with actual neonazis and pedophiles

he says, on an anonymous board.

Read the guide :^)
Anyway, compelling native content with core2k as supplement if you haven't done that. I'm reading yotsuba& and while it might not be the best (very casual speech etc) it's so enjoyable that it keeps my motivation up. Also somehow, reading vocab in my mind's version of her voice solidifies it well. Probably because reading a word as a child would yell it is more memorable than as a sterile flash card.
Or join the bookclub, it's on chapter 1 this weekend!

>Probably because reading a word as a child would yell it is more memorable than as a sterile flash card.
Ah a love these subtle jabs at SRS from newfriends like they are an authority on anything

What? I wasnt trying to downplay SRS, I use it plenty. But you have to admit vocab in context is extremely useful for solidifying knowledge. Stupid dingoposter

Could anyone happen to tell me what kanji this is supposed to be.

Google won't pick it up, and neither way kanjitomo.

Attached: 2018-10-06_23-56-39.png (1920x1007, 32K)

Actual kanji which I am trying to figure out.

Attached: 2018-10-06_23-58-20.png (151x99, 10K)

さくらもち
桜餅
about the radical inconsistency:
detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1453634039

mistake!
もももち
桃餅
こんな食べ物が存在するのを初めて知りました

Attached: f1385b98.jpg (1280x850, 99K)

答え
応え
堪え
対え

Thank you, user.
I appreciate it.

>答え
answer
>応え
response
>堪え
withstand
>対え
vs

>対え
so is this team blue対えteam red?

いいから答えろ
いいから応えろ
どっち

Yeah but without the え
blueteam対redteam

You should probably ask a native nipponjin but I think both can be used in different contexts.

whichever numba one

知っ得袋.biz/1337.html

なるほど(わかっていない

〇〇こ銜える
〇〇こ咥える

Fixed.
itazuraneko.neocities.org/learn/user/boiro.html#なぜ・なんで・どうして
While correcting that I noticed the visual novels the example sentences are from do not provide any links to a VNDB entry or anything, so i'll probably add that a little later. Maybe download links depending on how popular/easy they are to find online.

From my admittedly limited understanding, it is more anonymous than Jow Forums. The board owner and mods aren't privy to your full IP address, threads don't track unique IP/poster count, and the lack of using Google for a Catchpa service. They use some generic enter the numbers and letters Catchpa system that needs to be solved once a day or something, it also allows TOR users to post.

Attached: 149.png (640x1100, 314K)

答える:answer
応える:respond
The former would be appropriate.

>From my admittedly limited understanding
Hmm interesting, I've never checked them out but I think I shall

Attached: 5635646.jpg (720x637, 116K)

On a scale from "not really" to "Stalin reincarnate", how narcissistic is 俺様?
I think it's definitely near the latter, but its reccuring use in my chinese cartoons and the existence of 貴'様' make me doubt that.

Attached: 1537550017697.png (1280x720, 448K)

They're mainly used in anime from what I've seen.
Generally don't use things like kisama, temee and oresama

I'd suggest you have a look at the board linked in the itazuraneko site, since it's on their /a/ board.
The largest boards are /v/ and Jow Forums. Jow Forums is, well, Jow Forums and /v/ is like /v/ here in that it is crawling with Jow Forumstards but there appears to be more of a vocal us vs them mentality between the Jow Forumstards and the /v/irgins who just want to shitpost about video games. Or at least that was the case the last time I spent some time looking around the site to see what sorts of boards they had, which was around a year ago.

Attached: CVh-K_tU8AEeWoV.jpg (768x1024, 165K)

I imagine if trump spoke japanese he'd use it

新しいテキストを書いた。訂正をしてみてはいただけませんか? 始めの部分はここでさっきしたテキストと同じようなのです。

「涼しすぎる夕暮れに、海辺の町では潮風が遠く陽炎のように揺れる地平線へ強く吹き抜ける。蜩が人々のざわざわとした声を掻き消す。普段はビルの群れの隙間(から\で)風の呟きが町(に\から)(吹き抜ける\抜け出す)が、今日は違っていた。だからこそ、変わりやすい人の心のような徒波や海面の満ち引きがどこか厳めしい月の影に舞い出しているその光景に誰もが魅せられるのだろう。

今宵は妖しき白昼夢の如く。海猫がぞろぞろと会し、黄昏の艶やかな海岸が羽根のひしめく音で飲み込まれている。砂と海水が引っ掻き回される。それにしても、自然とは何もかもがのどかになるべきだ。[自然犯がいけるとダメだけど] この日は、すべてがすぐに変わる運命となる。」

>俺様
Exclusively, almost all the male Disney villains call themselves with that word when it’s dubbed in Japanese.
On the other hand, 貴様 is sometimes used outside of moving pictures.

The paranthesis parts are there because it's still a draft. For correction's sake, just go with the first option.

So it is comically haughty then, thanks for the clarification!

俺様最高

>大学が一週間に始まる
>日本語のすべてを忘れた
何する

Attached: cryteamepic.png (418x280, 104K)

Aren’t you the Romanian user who posted when drunk?
Seems the same text he posted.

Attached: A3F967EC-CA58-4FEC-AEFC-59957770FECA.jpg (225x225, 24K)

how long did it take you and how did you study those kanji? no vocabulary at all? just single kanji?

Attached: 1F6CB006-D033-47DD-8F4C-1CEF5144A64D.jpg (260x260, 28K)

死ぬしかがないだよな…

Attached: 1538329560178.jpg (521x521, 192K)

Yes I am. I just moved to the UK. Also, as I said, the first part is very similar to that text(with small alterations), but the second half is completely new.

Also, it's funny how I am apparently known for that thing, seeing as how I wasn't actually drunk and just liked feeding the bullshit some here spew. We all got a laugh out of it in the end.

死にたくないよ

Attached: asuka watched rebuild.jpg (395x618, 35K)

are you studying japanese?

In uni, yeah
I haven't been practicing enough

oh great, once you're done we can shitpost as neets here together for all eternity

Attached: 1331219202928.jpg (500x375, 28K)

I've already posted her often. If you ever answered a retarded N5 level question from an Israeli flag, it was probably me

IQが低い

truth hurts

> Israeli flag

Fuck, I thought you were from Illinois

Attached: image.jpg (200x200, 50K)

壁がデケェになる

何で

if dubs I'm pre-ordering EVE burst error R

>learn japanese for awhile actually get to the point where i can read some stuff
>get really burnt out and finally stop learning
>fast forward to now after around 6 months and i cannot remember anything at all now

why didnt i just slap myself and beat my head in to just continue REEEEEEE

Probably because you're a retarded lowercase poster with Jow Forums tier repertoire of memes.

もっと勉強しなきゃね

Taking a break is totally fine every now and then to prevent burnout, but I'd recommend only a week or a month tops.

みんながんばってね

頑張ります \(^ω^\)

そうしよ!

Attached: 1525830499151.jpg (658x405, 173K)

了解しました!

Attached: 1538414813258.gif (540x540, 217K)

当たり前

>シツレイ
Why would this be in katakana? Just for emphasis?

youtube.com/watch?v=JKKAoC9mLBM

頑張らないよ。

pretty much

Attached: DZnDeC1VQAAvNuY.jpg (453x307, 25K)

命令です!

Why is there furigana everywhere except on the blackboards?

Attached: page_33.jpg (2036x1600, 412K)

because that would make it look.like they are actually writing the furigana in that scene

You need furigana for this lmao

Fair enough. Any idea why the 話 in the top left has a kind of tick at the top instead of a horizontal line? It looks like the chinese version of the character.

>makes fun of people learning in a learning general
just shut the fuck up for once you dumb nigger

They often write it like that.
Kill yourself

Attached: %E8%A9%B1-bw.png (869x192, 23K)

poles deserve the rope

Neck yourself

no u

Do they write 直 the chinese way too (the 目 bit is connected to the bottom stroke, and the left vertical line is gone completely)?

Can't believe, this is the first time Poland genuinely helped somebody. Such a historical happening. Finally worth his salt.