Osaka, Japan, Ends Ties With San Francisco In Protest Of 'Comfort Women' Statue

npr.org/2018/10/04/654474739/osaka-ends-ties-with-san-francisco-in-protest-of-comfort-women-statue

Osaka, Japan, Ends Ties With San Francisco In Protest Of 'Comfort Women' Statue

The mayor of Osaka, Japan, is ending its "sister city" relationship with San Francisco this week, following a dispute over a statue that honors women and girls who were sexually enslaved by Japan's Imperial Army during World War II.

The Column of Strength memorial consists of three women in bronze who are holding hands in a circle as they look into the distance. An older woman stands to the side.

The statue commemorates "comfort women," a euphemism for thousands who were forced, coerced and deceived into serving men at brothels near the front lines.

But the monument's inscriptions about the comfort women "present uncertain and one-sided claims as historical facts," Osaka Mayor Hirofumi Yoshimura contended in a 10-page letter dated Tuesday to Mayor London Breed of San Francisco.

Sexual Assault And Harassment May Have Lasting Health Repercussions For Women
SHOTS - HEALTH NEWS
Sexual Assault And Harassment May Have Lasting Health Repercussions For Women
Yoshimura called the information an "interpretation" that has yet to be proved — adding that the number of women who were enslaved and how they were treated during their time in captivity were embellished

Attached: 1538893823419.jpg (800x599, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OgGxbSxsJS4
mofa.go.jp/policy/women/fund/state9308.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bLm_bXMaaMg
youtube.com/watch?v=VHl7dQGN5HI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't really understand why there would be a statue for this in the US.

San Francisco is home to many Chinese and Korean,

慰安婦問題はオバマ立会いの元合意済みである

Trust chinks to not integrate and erect a fucking statue in another country over their problems.

our victims response is the most reasonable
the response doesn't apper on any English written jour*alism

based and redpilled

youtu.be/OgGxbSxsJS4
"Racism America & Sex Slaves"- Untold Comfort Women 谷山雄二朗 'SCOTTSBORO GIRLS'

youtube貼れないのか・・・
とてもいい動画なので誰か頼む

Sister cities are fucking retarded and gay

Attached: 674E4899-2C5F-4E8E-9E94-5B31D31FCADF.gif (640x360, 2.96M)

i read the news. the mayor of sf didnt answer anything written in the official letters that were sent by osakas mayor. and the term expired.
he didnt really want to keep getting along with osaka or japan. otherwise he wouldve answered it.

also that shit is basically propaganda by hardcore anti-japan activists. whether its true or not, the stuff written on the statue is super exaggerated and fictional for the most part. its the same tier bs as your medias racebait narrative or we wuz. who could feed hundreds of thousands of women while battles took place like everyday and actual soldiers starved

good luck with sk's extreme left activists and their we wuz myths.

>Retarded jap denies war crimes again

total strawman. boring response.

in this thread:
we dindu nuffin, japan innocent, america racist

Attached: IJA vs ISIS.jpg (1203x583, 121K)

It's an objective fact that Japan kept comfort women in at least the tens of thousands.

在日がひき逃げを起こした! ! !

Japan is technically Korea according to Korea so I'd say everything that's done to Korea is considered civil war

Attached: _1.png (726x752, 661K)

enjoy your sjw life. i wont stop you being an sjw and championing far left ideology/activists. i rather support your activism and sfs decision. i wanna to see more test cases like that.
when i denied that shit. you must be blind.

"the stuff written on the statue is super exaggerated and fictional for the most part."

Statue inscription: "This monument bears witness to the suffering of hundreds of thousands of women and girls, euphemistically called ‘Comfort Women,’ who were sexually enslaved by the Japanese Imperial Armed Forces in thirteen Asian-Pacific countries from 1931-1945. Most of these women died during their wartime captivity."

Literally what part of that is wrong?

Nope

Attached: i16004377383.jpg (850x575, 57K)

Attached: ARR.png (441x326, 107K)

Chinks are the biggest fucking cancer on this planet right now.

This

then wheres the factual evidence that can prove "200-300k women were actually almost kidnapped by the authorities and took out to the battlefields"
where and when. fact based actual scientific/statistical evidences please. without that, it doesnt go anywhere. emotions cant show the facts.

they were human beings. even robots need fuels. also im criticizing the modern we wuz sjw bullshit. not the victims.

the japs think the women volunteered to be prostitutes and were compensated with monetary gain or compensated with not getting killed.

>Ikuhiko Hata is a leading historian on the subject of the comfort women who served alongside the Japanese Army in the 1930s and 1940s[43] and is credited with being the first to expose as fraudulent the testimony of Seiji Yoshida, who claimed to have kidnapped Korean women for the Japanese military.[44] Hata, who argues that the comfort women were not sex slaves but largely willing prostitutes with a minority of them being sold by their parents and more crucially, no direct involvement by Japanese military except a few incidents in South East Asia, summed up his views on the issue with,

>There were at most 20,000 comfort women. None of them were forcibly recruited. Forty percent of them were from Japan, the most heavily represented nation. Many were sold to brokers by their parents. Some responded willingly to brokers' offers; others were deceived. I would add that, on the average, living conditions in the comfort stations were practically identical to those in brothels set up for American troops during the Vietnam War.[45]

>Go to youtube and search this.
>dozens if not hundreds of comments by Japanese and Japanese-Americans telling this never happened and this is just korean, Chinese, Dutch, etc propaganda.and how would the American like if it japan build statues about the Native American Genocide, or the concentration campa they build for the issei and nisei.

Not a day goes by that I wish I was not born Japanese-American. It's all so troublesome

Attached: 1537287623697.jpg (603x604, 63K)

>Hata would expand his research into the 1999 book Ianfu to senjō no sei ("Comfort women and sex on the battlefield"), described by Sarah Soh as "a 444-page treatise on the comfort women issue".[47] Ianfu to senjō no sei was noted for its extensive compilation of information, being praised by historian Haruo Tohmatsu as "probably the most well documented study on the question"[48] and by Mainichi Shimbun reporter Takao Yamada as "an encyclopedia-like collection of facts on comfort women".[49] In The International History Review, A. Hamish Ion stated that with this work Hata has succeeded in creating "a measured evaluation in the face of sensational and supposedly ill-researched studies by George Hicks and others".[50] The book was also favorably reviewed by political scientist Itaru Shimazu[51] and the journalist Takaaki Ishii.[52] By contrast, historian Hirofumi Hayashi criticized the work for faulty use of documents, such as where Hata cites a document listing 650 comfort women allocated in five prefectures, when in fact the document said 400 comfort women.[53]

How about your own government, for starters?
mofa.go.jp/policy/women/fund/state9308.html

>Ikuhiko Hata (秦 郁彦 Hata Ikuhiko, born 12 December 1932) is a Japanese historian. He acquired his PhD at the University of Tokyo and has taught history at several universities. He is the author of a number of influential and well-received scholarly works, particularly on topics related to Japan's role in the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II.

>Hata is variously regarded as being a "conservative" historian or a "centrist". He has written extensively on such controversial subjects as the Nanking Massacre and the comfort women. Fellow historian Edward Drea has called him "the doyen of Japanese military historians".

>that 'b-b-but' at the end
Because America's actions within the Vietnam war is treated as exemplary and never villified. It is universally known that the Vietnam war was clean and honourable.

The thing is, it's not even that bad. It was one instance in a war when Japan was under a quasi fascist regime.

clean indeed, they were just cleaning up the weeds.

Attached: orange.jpg (621x412, 35K)

>conservative jap nationalist historian
>defends/denies war crimes

WOW

conservative in the meaning he has opinions within the hisstorical norm, not conservative politically

It's wild that they think that most Americans wouldn't support that. Maybe it's just because of my countey's particular history but I don't understand why people take the fact their country has done horrible things so personally.

shut it
chinese are better than m*tts

im asking for the evidences. if you can prove it, you can also prove the govt are total liars. then ill easily be convinced by you and criticize them with you. dont derail from the argument.

Attached: 1528676087444.png (1528x1184, 55K)

the thing is that they constantly deny or downplay it

you admit tho, that the issue is highly charged and can be exploited by both sides for other ends, whether it's downplaying from japan or inflating from china

I just gave you a government documenting from your own government stating that the military used coercion to bring women to comfort stations based on a study it conducted, I don't know what more you want

>Hata is known as a strong opponent of the attempts by some Japanese nationalists to revise Japan's wartime history in a way that he deems ideologically biased. Hata, whom the Wall Street Journal described as an advocate of the "we-did-wrong view" of Japanese history, has expressed grave concern about the advent of new historical revisionists seeking to apologize for Japan's wartime aggressions and absolve former Prime Minister Hideki Tojo.[58] In 1995 Hata stepped down from a government commission on the construction of a new war museum near Yasukuni Shrine in fear that the project would be used to glorify Japan's wartime actions.[59] He favors the de-enshrinement of war criminals from Yasukuni Shrine[60] and is also a critic of Yūshūkan, a museum near the shrine, for its nationalist-inspired portrayal of Japanese history.[61] While he has been strongly critical of efforts by Japanese nationalist groups to alter history textbooks,[62] Hata also agreed to testify for the Ministry of Education against left-wing historian Saburō Ienaga who believed that his textbook was being censored by the Japanese government.[63] Hata has supported the work of the Japanese Society for History Textbook Reform,[64] despite noting that the textbook which the Society had authored "was colored more strongly by nationalism than others".[65]

>jap being a soulless creature
nothing new to see here
beware the eternal n*P

>In 2007 Hata was vocal in his denunciation of an essay written by Toshio Tamogami, a former general in the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force, which sought to justify Japanese imperialism. Hata found Tamogami's essay to be "of extremely low quality" and full of "old conspiracy theories".[66][67] Because of his scholarship on the Nanking Massacre Hata has been attacked by Nanking Massacre deniers such as Masaaki Tanaka, who said that Hata was infected with "IMTFE syndrome",[57] and Shōichi Watanabe.[68]

the govt has nothing to do with the argument. you can totally ignore them in arguing over this topic because what they say and what korean govt say are basically just an ideological matter. i wont talk about ideology.

lol no
stop being a weeb
do you think they will use this to invade japan?

user, when I went to school in japan, they believe the internet camps in which America incarcerated the nisei and issei to be no different that the holocaust. The only reason why I even visit japan is to meet my parents, and even then i don't stay long.

Attached: 1538346228737.jpg (700x870, 205K)

>internet camps
shiieeeetttt

no, i think its main purpose is a nationalistic rallying cry to strengthen control within china. very effective way to deflect internal issues.
same goes for japan. the nationalisms are mutually reinforcing.

Collectivist ideology is a blight.

>internet camps
yep hes Japanese for more reasons than 1

Attached: 1535077490927.jpg (654x458, 49K)

those camps were very humanitarian compared to how japan treated prisoners of war or south east asian forced labourers

*Interment

This, our schools now are more heavily guarded and more dangerous than those camps were.

Nice Japanese impression.

Thanks I learned from dad

interesting logic, the japanese invasion was very humanitarian compared to china under their red emperor.

Attached: download.jpg (425x279, 78K)

t. low IQ weeb

>t. muh low IQ weeb

>Osaka, Japan, Ends Ties With San Francisco

>not wanting anything to do with a degenerate third world shithole like san francisco

I say Nippon they chose wisely.

Attached: Nip Turbo QT.jpg (1080x1080, 122K)

Dear Nips,
please feel free to literally nuke California. One in LA and one in SanFransisco ought to do the job. It's only fair, after all.
Also prostitution was legal at the time, nipponkese literally dindu nuffin. If anything you improved the genetic quality of that region of china.

Attached: cringe.jpg (500x378, 54K)

you all talk about japan history without any sources, any facts. just a imagination.
this is one of the reasons why we japanese call you Baka Gaijln pig shit.

and rightfully so...
lol'd

youtube.com/watch?v=bLm_bXMaaMg

Attached: Khan Lou.gif (386x400, 41K)

The nips didn't even see your women fit to dick.

Japanese are subhuman barbarians civilised by the Chinese and Westerners. Know your place, little worm.

Attached: japs stealing from china.jpg (600x4300, 450K)

to their pathetic 5cm dicks?
japanese are pathetic ugly manlets
their women ride our white anglo dicks like crazy sluts though

Attached: Asian2.png (500x500, 15K)

Britain's countless achievements and inventions have shaped the whole world. We are one of the most relevant and important countries in human history. Japan is just a mini china making cheap cars and shitty cartoons for losers like you. They have never contributed anything to humanity.

Attached: White vs Asian 2.jpg (387x384, 50K)

>you all talk about
the whole anglo internet is like that. its time for us to be normies. after twitter came out and they formed their partisan hiveminds they all became an echo chamber and its getting worse and worse. i always thought netouyos were the worst cunts but these may be worse than them. at least netouyos has gathered a lot of actual references whereas these aint.

> Ah Q is famous for "spiritual victories", Lu Xun's euphemism for self-talk and self-deception even when faced with extreme defeat or humiliation. Ah Q is a bully to the less fortunate but fearful of those who are above him in rank, strength, or power. He persuades himself mentally that he is spiritually "superior" to his oppressors even as he succumbs to their tyranny and suppression. Lu Xun exposes Ah Q's extreme faults as symptomatic of the Chinese national character of his time.

Scottish inventions* :^)

Why are japanese people so short and ugly?

Attached: Japanese poster 4.jpg (125x110, 3K)

Japanese princess, descendant of Hirohito. What a yamato beauty.

Attached: japanese princess.jpg (400x400, 18K)

oooh such a cocky angloid, did a Pakistani shit on your doorstep this morning?

Attached: Poor Britshit Got Khan'd.jpg (275x183, 9K)

The brit literally couldn't have made the sarcasm of his comment anymore obvious if he actually ended it with /sarcasm. What are you on about, Chocolate Bankman?

>filthy repulsive polack replied to my posts

ewww

here's one more, maybe it'll make you throw yourself off a cliff to cleanse yourself?

here's hoping.

Attached: britfaggots.jpg (539x418, 92K)

There's a lot of Gooks and Chinks in the States but there's a fuckton of Nips too. Can't wait to see this 3 way shitshow erupt.

Why would you put up that statue up anyway?
To rile peaceful Japs?

untermensch please

Attached: polack.jpg (456x732, 53K)

How badly do you have to get fucked over by Germany and then Russia to end up acting like the worst combined version of Nazi and a Commie?

It's like how Japan went stupid after we burned their country down, nuked them twice, and then stuffed their cultural pussy full of hot bull-dick for a generation. You have no identity of your own, Poland, except some irrelevant shit that happened hundreds of years before your were ever born.

>worst combined version of Nazi and a Commie?
What does this even mean retard

I find it funny how u angloid rats attemept to berate everyone else and act like ur shit dont stink all high n mighty with your heads all stuck up your asshole.
yet the entirety of yurope, no, the entire world is laughing at what miserable failures ur inbred shitty prisoner island is as yous try to put on ur act .

but we know perfectly well whats going on over there.

youtube.com/watch?v=VHl7dQGN5HI

Attached: mugabe-laugh.jpg (250x301, 32K)

LOL
HE COULDN'T HANDLE THE BANTER, AM I RIGHT LAD?

lol fuck u and ur retard stupid kike banter, motherfucker...lol

Attached: Dead britshit liberators Iraq.jpg (276x182, 10K)

Attached: beautiful polish street.jpg (1599x757, 385K)

it's hard to grasp the sarcasm because it seems to divert from the issue of comfort women in vietnam.

all angloids should be raped followed by a swift cut to the throat. lol

Attached: british pig raped.jpg (322x260, 16K)

youtu.be/OgGxbSxsJS4

japanese are not allowed to complain about others being racist sorry

I WANT A CUTE HAPA GIRLFRIEND GOD FUCKING DAMMIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1538802405465.jpg (400x400, 23K)

How fitting then, as it was directly addressing the author's attempt to do the same.

>dumb mutt untermensch lacks this much self awareness

not really, the issue of comfort women is still being discussed in a broader historical context. i could say you're doing the same as the japanese nationalists who claim that japan has done enough apologising for other aspects of the war.

t. Chang

>same goes for japan.
Lmao you can't fool me into believing that you aren't one sided

Anyway, you should watch that video to the end

and you aren't? i acknowledge that there are right-wing elements in japan that seek to unjustly downplay the past.

>fuckton of Nips

not anymore.
almost 0 Japanese emigrate to US in 2017.