We should sell a continent worth of land to the expansionist empire that's already impossible to attack

>We should sell a continent worth of land to the expansionist empire that's already impossible to attack
>t. Europe and Mexico
>And also the Philippines
>t. Spain

Attached: 1538933998923.png (1024x768, 1.39M)

At the time, 85% of that may as well have been Siberia

Or better yet, Narnia

The European landowning class only saw that shit on maps. It was a fantasy dimension that was only populated by brown-skinned demons and socially unfit fur trappers.

I wonder from who they've got money to buy it

Excise taxes on American rum producers

>and Alaska too
>t. Russia

>the mexican american war was a sale

Attached: 1538922899988.png (544x638, 424K)

It was either sell that land or have it eventually taken if we're being honest

It was.
That's how America usually acquired land from Natives too.
We beat them in a war and then force them to sell the land to us.

We gave them lead, they gave us land. More of a trade, I guess.

>Be France
>sell land that you don't actually own

The money you gave us was on debt
No one here ever saw that money

>be Hungary
>complain about losing other people's land in Trianon

Also by we I do mean we
I'm a burger visiting Vancouver

Of what use was Louisiana to us ? We needed money so we sold it, it was distant and empty land.

I didn't complain about trianon you retarded quebecois. The Lousiana purchase was the biggest scam in history. It's like I sold you Poland.

we did try to buy it a couple times

It wasn't empty, the reason France sold it was because it was used to provide food for Haiti since all Haiti produced was sugar. Once Haiti was lost, France had no use for it.

What's your point?

/thread

Obviously they were wrong in the long run, but that’s hindsight for you. Can you believe a war was almost fought over fucking Toledo of all places?

Your a Jew

Well you should probably sell off your Poland before anyone finds out that you have no control over it at all. Russia sold Alaska because they feared the Brits would claim it for free.

My a jew what?

>America was an expansionist empire in 1803

We offered to buy Texas, they refused. We offered to buy the Southwest, they refused. We offered to buy the Gadsden area, and Mexico had finally wised up by that point.

Attached: full retard.png (645x729, 56K)

Just realized I've spent the majority of my life in land that used to be part of Mexico

Attached: 1537742664395.jpg (540x558, 34K)

EstadosUnidos's "purchases" like recently Irak and Afganistan.

We gave them the equivalent of ~$420,000,000 and agreed to pay off all of the outstanding debts of Mexican citizens who decided to remain in the new US territory instead of moving back to Mexico and to safeguard them against indian incursions - which we failed to do and consequently paid Mexico damages for. Still kind of a dick move but it's not like we left them with nothing but cum on their face and a breath mint.

Gadsden was

Sorta

Reminder that Alaska will be the same way by the end of the century

You're fucking stupid