I'm going to Brazil soon and I'll be staying in Rio for a few months...

I'm going to Brazil soon and I'll be staying in Rio for a few months. I plan on soaking up as much of the local culture as possible while I'm there. While I'm excited to explore the famous tourist spots (Ipanema, Big Jesus etc.) I also plan on exploring the more gritty parts of the city to get a more comprehensive exposure of the place. I'm also a photographer so I'm interested in taking photos of all aspects of Rio life to put up on my photography page. To do this I'm going to do some Favela exploration. I don't have a guide but I have a phone with GPS so I'll just use that. I plan on exploring and documenting as much of the Favelas as possible. I know there's some bad Favelas but I have street smarts so I think I'll be ok. I'm going to wear cheap clothes and something like a local football jersey so I look like I blend in with the locals. Also gonna tan up before I head over so I don't look so white and gringo.

Any other tips for a keen explorer?

Attached: 1488826064587.jpg (1000x713, 739K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-49yor7lQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

keep money hidden in your australian hat, but make sure to have 15 dollars on hand for when you get robbed so you dont get stabbed.

Are you unironically retarded

>Any other tips for a keen explorer?

youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-49yor7lQ

>make sure to have 15 dollars on hand for when you get robbed so you dont get stabbed.
Unironically right.

thought his pants were his fucking splattered brains jesus christ

Just shoot yourself, it's less hassle than going to rape van city to die with a fish knife in your intestine.

>I'm going to wear cheap clothes and something like a local football jersey

why tourists do this?

Why Rio de Janeiro? You're going to the worst brazilian city.

>european
>street smart

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

man you're going to be just like the spanish couple that got murdered trying to do the same shit

>Scq esse mané é esfaqueado

Attached: FB334B78-4BC8-480C-AF99-0264F26527B3.jpg (1087x1080, 90K)

this. stay out of the third world you silly australian

Just don't, mate. Brazilians are savages subhumans even in the rich neighborhoods, the favelas are literally zone wars with death rates almost as big as the battles in Syria. I'm serious man, think a little about it before coming here.

If you still insist in doing this nonsense, then go to Rocinha, even though there are still something like 15 murders a day in there, it's one of the most ''pacified'' of the bunch due to heavy police presence in there (remember that the police is extremely corrupt as well and you can easily be assaulted and murdered by them if they so wish).

BTW, Rio de Janeiro is extremely overrated, there are far better cities to go to in Brazil in states such as Bahia, Mato Grosso, Santa Catarina and São Paulo.

oh shit, just saw, you're australian, not british, only passed by your flag

if you can use enough drugs and banter good enough, you might do fine

Careful where you go, Rio de Janeiro isnt exactly famous for its safety in the streets.

>I know there's some bad Favelas but I have street smarts so I think I'll be ok.
>I'm going to wear cheap clothes and something like a local football jersey so I look like I blend in with the locals.
>Also gonna tan up before I head over so I don't look so white and gringo.

Every gringo does these 3 steps when trying to blend in and get robbed as usual

Attached: ta errado.jpg (1024x581, 68K)

I want to live in Rio too. But I wouldn't go to the favelas.

> BTW, Rio de Janeiro is extremely overrated, there are far better cities to go to in Brazil in states such as Bahia, Mato Grosso, Santa Catarina and São Paulo.
Minas Gerais and Rio Grande do Sul too. Rio sucks too much, it is all hype and no substance.

>I'm going to Brazil soon and I'll be staying in Rio

RIP OP

i went there as a skinny white 18 year old boy
its nothing to be worried about just look like you havnt got anything to steal basically
so i would recommend not walking around with a backpack etc
if you want places to take photos in rio the best place is rocinha which is the biggest favela in brazil and is safe unlike what you would expect as a westerner if ur too shook to go there the other good place is vidigal but isnt as extreme but still amazing
if you need somewhere to stay you should check out "alto vidigal" trust me you wont regret it
i was nervous about staying in a favelas before i went over there but ended up just getting thrown in the deep end and was so glad i did fuck staying on copacabana or ipanema etc

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 2.30.29 am.png (858x582, 1.2M)

>Any other tips for a keen explorer?

don't come, you WILL die, I'm no fucking with you OP.

Attached: twetr.png (1792x1142, 1.37M)

>australian
>coming to brazil
>think he's street smart

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 36K)

You will not blend of you can't tan. Most Brazilians can instantly identify foreigners because of this, you look like one of those Twilight vampires under this abundant and hellish sun. The moment you say anything, your accent will give you away. Hell, I can identify if someone is not from the capital(the administrative region, not the metro area) by the way they use certain grammatical structures alone. I would advise against going up a Favela when crime is on the rise here. Instead, I advise you to actually.explore some of the zones in the city. Freguesia, Barra da Tijuca, Botafogo, Jardim Botânico, Centro AND some place like Madureira and Meier would give you a good idea of the many realities of this city whilst not putting you in (too much) danger

t. concerned Carioca

If you look like a retard tourist, you're going to get robbed easily, specially in Rio.
Just go to some city in Paraná, it's objectively the best state.

ok so going to brazil is suicide
how long for bolsonaro to fix so i can take brazil vacation?