What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: English Holdings in France.png (2000x2384, 910K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bouvines
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_India
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ITS COMING HOME

sigh..what could've been

the plantagenet nigger was sent back where he belongs: the tomb

Anglos can't fight and fears the chevalier

scotland and the northern barons
english monarchs had less feudal power than the french monarchs

Attached: Agincourt Battle.png (322x583, 38K)

I imagine myself in Aquitaine, leading my division. Our mission is to stop fr*Nch frogs from advancing. We mow down fr*Nch frogs but they keep coming. I shoot fr*Nch frogs but I run out of arrows so I draw my dirk and begin slaughtering fr*Nch, since fr*Nch are way more psychially inferior to me, I slay them by dozens. Then I get shot, but I didn’t fall, I kept fighting. Then shot again and again. fr*Nch arbelists were shooting me from a distance like the cowards they are. I lie down, facing up to sky and I see EDWARD of WOODSTOCK (The BLACK PRINCE) smiling at me, I smile back… Then I woke up, in Somerset, my homeland. My ÆNGLISC brethen gave me a warm welcome to heaven. I finally made it, I finally made it into heaven...

Attached: 220px-Siege_of_Limoges.jpg (220x259, 19K)

ah yes please die and win battles for me my anglo-saxon servants honhonhon

Attached: King_Henry_V_from_NPG.jpg (232x324, 20K)

>EDWARD of WOODSTOCK (The BLACK PRINCE)
>ÆNGLISC

>Spoke English
>Spent his youth and most of his life on the British islands
>He had some ancestors that were French so that makes him French

yes just like napoleon was italian

Napoleon very early moved to France and immersed himself in French culture; there was also less of a generational gap

>What went wrong?
Henry V died of dysentery

Attached: ergeofgreat.jpg (800x450, 35K)

Seem's like God himself choose against the Anglo

>this meme again
By the time of the hundred years war the English nobility were just that, English

>immersed himself in French culture
so did Henry V, who was a native French speaker in addition to English
He was more French than English if you ask me tb h

He was born in wales and was raised in English; unless you met man the man there's no source saying he was more French than English

They didn't give up on the French language before the end of the war though.

He was raised in French by his Norman nobility

Non nobis, Domine

>Even the Normans hated France so much they came here instead

They were stripped of their French lands actually. Most Norman commoners stayed in France though.

He was raised by John of Gaunt, as far as I know not born in Normandy

Not in Normandy, but in Flanders back when it was a part of France.

Ugh...

Attached: Factual Evidence that French People are inferior to us.jpg (750x543, 124K)

So you admit that you're wrong?

BASED frogs removed the eternal anglo from the continent, fuck england

i don't understand why the anglos love so much the plantagenêt
they were frenchs, they were not even normans or anything, they were just pure frenchs from anjou they even mixed themselves with occitans and just like the normans they discriminated the local anglos

Attached: france.jpg (1024x726, 311K)

That doesn't mean his main language wasn't Norman French, so no

>Starting in August 1417, Henry V promoted the use of the English language in government[21] and his reign marks the appearance of Chancery Standard English as well as the adoption of English as the language of record within government. He was the first king to use English in his personal correspondence since the Norman conquest 350 years earlier.[22][23]

That was a reaction to the conflict against France. Still anecdotal evidence, which says nothing about his upbringing.

Why must you be such an ass? For a long time the King's of England were very much French, and only saw England as a way to make money, but eventually the transition was made and most people generally agree that around Henry IV that change was made. The man who raised him, John the Gaunt, was a patron of Chaucer, as well as John Wycliffe, who translated the bible to English

cucks lel

I don't believe there was such a drastic cultural change among English kingd. I think promoting English as the court language was nothing more than politics.

So you ignore everything else I say and go against historical evidence?

We are still on the continent andras

Why do the French posters seethe the moment England is mentioned?

Inferiority complex

why do danish posters seethe every time sweden is mentioned?

you obtained gibraltar later and its just a fucking rock subhumans

Denmark never had an empire: FACT

it's the opposite actually
we don't think about sweden but they are obsessed with us

they were more successful in the end though
denmark had a headstart since it had more territory than sweden but managed to fuck itself up in the thirty years' war, while sweden started with less and reached great power status around that time

But they have Greenland...

When we use this logic with the normans, you cry.

Hating french people is a quintessentially french thing.

Please show me an example of me reacting that way

Spain is to blame

And England has some unhealthy obsession with us

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bouvines

Not you, in particular.

Then don't you "you", dumbass

We still owned the pale up unto the 1500s and then we also owned Dunkirk in the 1600s

You mean Dunkerque?

Based Philippe Auguste. One of the best kings

>7000 vs 9000
How is that decisive anything? That's like a Roman skirmish lmao

>insulting me for no reason
Anglos are filled with hate, they're a vile race.

I called you a dumbass because you placed an opinion on me that was unfounded

It depends on the context. 7k vs 9k is quite decisive in modern asymmetrical war or old tribal feuds.

There were no standing armies in Europe any more since the Roman Empire so it was harder to mobilize troops. Still that was the battle that ended the Angevin empire shown in the OP. Also I don't know what the fuck is up with the Flemish coast on that map.

Sweetie, I....
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_India

Well, the Hundred Years War would've never happened if it wasn't for that whore Eleanor of Aquitaine. Literally a roastie that caused the death of thousands because her king-husband wasn't chad enough.