Peru thread

What do you know of Glorious Peru?

Attached: 1440132680953.jpg (784x763, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montane_guinea_pig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Llamas
Cuzco
Incas
War with Ecuador
Sold acre to Brazil
Really close relationship with Bolivia
Have a desert in the south? Might be northern Chile
Capital is Lima
Sell fried rats or guinea pigs on sticks I think, either one
Had an Asian leader
Have Japanese
Wear those soft hats

We actually have a desert all along the coast, only that we have lots of rivers that come from the Andes, which makes the Coast sort of mini-Niles style of landscape. Lots of desert, but lush green all along our Pacific rivers. Also enclaves of water desposits and terraforming from the ancient Chimu Empire made the northern coast of Peru in a mediterranean like environment, altough very hot.

We only eat Guinea pigs, not rats, which are endemic of Peru. We say what we do with them since we bred them for that from the WIld cuy en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montane_guinea_pig
You guys are the retards for thinking they are pets for children, lol

Hats pic related

Attached: Chull.jpg (1024x1024, 401K)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-12 Hitler and Lenin face off in the weirdest mayoral election of the year.jpg (881x1863, 429K)

Enti
The one pagan festival
Perfectly fitting rock buildings
the Quechua language
Alien gods and the anunnaki
cute mestizo and castizo boys

>apart from their names, it's not weird.

And it's not like they are important politians: They are running for Municipal elections in a small highland town. So fuck off

Attached: taquile.jpg (960x637, 94K)

noble aryan blood flows through them

>Alien gods and the anunnaki
Lol why do people always say this about my country? :(

how about you fuck off? it's a funny story

EL PERU-ano

I swear everyone in Peru and Bolivia age super quickly. Might be the poor healthcare? Lots of people seem to have acne or skin conditions too. I can dump a few pics of my travels in Peru if you want.

oh yeah

you don't find a contemporary hitler vs. lenin story funny?

You invented potato and saved world from hunger, ushering a new era of innovation and prosperity.

>sees flag
Oh...
Who got elected in the end?
>Might be the poor healthcare?
Yes. In provinces healthcare is utter shit, and people simply cannot afford skin treatment or they simply don't care. Most people that I know don't go to the doctor to treat any skin defect until it is very late.
>Lots of people seem to have acne or skin conditions too.
Same as above.
>I can dump a few pics of my travels in Peru if you want.
Please do.

Nazca lines
Mummies
Incas
Panflutes
Charangos
Cuy

Attached: d0c7730853e9b5b3a2ca310092fd65cc.jpg (984x715, 100K)

you have cool flute bands

Attached: 안데스음악-001.jpg (746x561, 169K)

Took this yesterday in the colca canyon. Condor.

Attached: IMG_20181012_200401.jpg (2560x1324, 765K)

yes dump your photos please

Volcanoes. Was cold and windy as shit here, something like 4800 metres above sea level

Attached: IMG_20181011_152608758_HDR.jpg (2560x1440, 1.39M)

Villages in the colca canyon

Attached: IMG_20181010_102041275_HDR.jpg (2560x1440, 1.47M)

You seem to be a lucky fella, I heard that it is quite hard to see condors in the Colca Canyon.
Nice photo desu. How did the altitude treated you?

Kinda hard to see, but this is a bowl of offerings to pachamama, quinoa, mummified llama foetuses, gold, silver, llama fat and coca leaves.

Attached: IMG_20181010_150914567.jpg (1440x2560, 1.45M)

Yeah well not pictured is the 200 other people looking for condors. It was at a place where there are supposed to be more condors but yeah, still got lucky. And I'm also lucky because I don't get any altitude sickness. I climbed huayna potosi in Bolivia which is over 6000 metres and barely felt it. Other than being super out of breath.

Also, Peruvians love jesus

Attached: IMG_20181011_142909882.jpg (1440x2560, 1.26M)

do they still do the llama fetus shit? the others like offering candy and shit are cute, but that one is just disgusting. granted is not that common

Usually when we talk about "altitude sickness" is just being out of breath and having to move slower. But If you get headaches and other stuff is also callted altitude sickness. The fact is that both are consequences of high altitudes

Spanishits destroyed it and now it is an US colony (just like my shithole).

Based as fuck.
Yeah, you are a lucky fella. When I went to Puno I had to sleep for a while because of how much my head hurt in my first day there. I'm kind of sad to see that a foreigner has a better altitude tolerance than me. From where are you user?

I don't think it's very common in Peru, but I do believe it's more common in Bolivia. There are also stories of people in Bolivia (homeless people usually) being abducted or being given drinks until they're drunk as fuck/unconscious and then buried alive under new buildings as an offering. Certainly not common but it has happened, because a few people have escaped it.

This is a snake/rosemary/pisco drink that is supposed to be good for muscle pain. It pretty much just tasted like pisco with a hint of rosemary.

Attached: IMG_20181010_150958577.jpg (1440x2560, 1.35M)

Bolivia sold Acre, not Peru

We had a Peru exchange student in highschool

He was a chad who was constantly surfing

Other than that i dont know much except lamas and silly hats, Japanese political mafia and Incas

>n buried alive under new buildings as an offering.
jesus, i have never heard that before.

Inca
Llama
Ceviche
Lomo saltado
Alberto Fujimori
Chifa food

Being out of breath is normal, I wouldn't call it a "sickness"

Nothing to feel bad about user, anyone can be affected by altitude.

Peruvians also love Dota, in fact I used to play with you guys back when 1) I played Dota and 2) there were no Australian servers. That should answer your question of where I'm from.

Attached: IMG_20181008_153315752.jpg (2560x1440, 1.45M)

It's kind of an urban myth, it doesn't really happen but it has happened in the past.

I'll make this my last pic, Doritos, Cheeto things, potato chips and bacon chips all in the same packet. It sounds like an alright idea in theory, but honestly I'd just rather have them all separate.

Attached: IMG_20181008_140021328.jpg (1440x2560, 1.32M)

that is not peru flag

>Nothing to feel bad about user, anyone can be affected by altitude.
Thanks, user. At least I could hike a mountain over 5000 meters above the sea level just fine.
Also, have you tried mate de coca with mint? It is delicious and very helpful against altitude sickness.
>Peruvians also love Dota
Ah yes. Can confirm, it is very popular desu. All of my friends from high school have like +400 hours of it on Steam, I was going to try it once but in the end, I never got to play it.
Also, yes. We LOVE Jesus, in fact, in this same month we have a huge ass procession dedicated to him in Lima. Search "el señor de los milagros" in Google.
This is pretty popular in parties and in family/friend reunions. I must admit that I only enjoy Piqueos only when trying with friends, in fact, I haven't bought a bag of it since last year.
For what I could see you are in Arequipa as of now. Are you going to somewhere else inside the country?

Attached: images (2).jpg (604x340, 78K)

Yeah, mate de coca is ok, not my favourite tea but not bad. Some people here seem to think coca leaves can do anything. Yeah I'm in Arequipa, soon I'll go through nazca and maybe stay in paracas. I'm doing what we tourists sometimes call the gringo route, but most people go south from Lima to Cusco, but I already did Lima/Cusco before I went to Bolivia. I'm making my way north to Ecuador. Anywhere you really think I should go or things I should do?

Most Koreaboo in South America

fuck off nigger

PeruANO

Basado

>I'm making my way north to Ecuador. Anywhere you really think I should go or things I should do?
Well, now that you are going to Paracas, you must definitely go to the Huacachina (pic related), which is a city surrounding an oasis in Ica. I didn't had a lot of time when being there, but I managed to get into the Tubulares, you should definitely try these, you might also get to do sandboarding while in there. Other than that you can also visit the Paracas Islands, a bunch of sea lions, guano islands, etc. It is not something amazing but I had a good time in there.

Attached: images (3).jpg (731x419, 31K)

Yeah I was planning to go to huacachina too. Maybe for one night or maybe I'll just pass through. What city do you live in user, is it worth going to?

I live in Lima, you already went through it desu. But I do know of another town where I have close friends living there, it is called Tarapoto, it is located in San Martin, and in my opinion, I think that it is worth visiting.
Other than that, have a good trip!

Thread Daerht (htit) {Ic} Derek Ha rt Har t Hard

Yo soy iqueño, y la Huacachina ahora es una mierda no les digas que vayab se van a llevar una tremenda decepción.

A mi me gustó y fuí el año pasado. Además, el Aussie se quedará ahí por una noche solamente.
>se van a llevar una tremenda decepción.
Dile entonces.

Peru? Are you here peru?

Attached: 1511172129804.jpg (327x377, 56K)

leafless fags