Give it to me straight about the french...

give it to me straight about the french. If I spend hundreds of hours to learn a language showing a dedicated interest for another culture to go to the country of that culture and be treated like a dog with such disrespect to be entirely ignored by waiters for slightly mispronouncing a word or make a fuss and act shitty over any small thing like this I wouldn't bother to learn that language. What's the truth? I heard they would ignore you just for things like asking for directions?

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_France.svg[1].png (1200x800, 1K)

*ignores you*

*ignores you from across the border*

They're ignoring you for being a fag, user.

No, don't bother learning it

I know Spanish because of my Uruguayan parents and the Mexicans at work pretend to like me
Currently learning Portuguese and Brazilians have already started using more constructive insults towards me because I can sort of understand them

Attached: FBA57A90-B35D-409C-A8A7-F359A098C29A.jpg (550x550, 31K)

Where are your Uruguayan parents from

Uruguay

Some french guy interviewed me for a job
I wish I hadn’t even gone, he was an asshole

Attached: 27563FA8-19E9-400C-A582-376FBD1F6FED.png (400x381, 108K)

*ignores him from across the francophonie*

I mean germany has much literature anyway

but what about the migrant populations? How do the french and the broken french slang speaking migrants interact with each other in paris?

It can be clarified. You have to know that France is the most visited country on Earth, and mass tourism isn't exactly easy on the locals, who have developed instinctive defenses against tourists and have even begun to associate certain looks with certain behaviors(some East Asian tourists are tired of being associated with the horde of Chinese savages that visit Paris each year, for example). And yes, we sometimes ignore tourists asking for directions, but I think that's perfectly justified. Paris is a busy city and people don't necessarily have the time to act as your guide. Should've hired a professional, or got a GPS. And mind you, we actually help tourists 70% of the time.

Regarding the language aspect, I'd say the stereotype that we hate French learners is vastly exaggerated. It mostly comes from people who tried to speak French in France, were impossible to understand, and got replied to in English. If your French is understandable, then it won't happen.

Why does the world care so much about Paris waiters? You're not going to melt if you get a remark. Damn weeping pansies

>Said in english

>be useless neet
>get invited to interview because you can spell
>waste everyone's time
>blame the frenchman

>on a japanese hentai website

This.
Bonne réponse user ...

It's a very overblown stereotype, most of them would appreciate the fact that you took the time to bother learning their language.

If I came to you spouting gibberish in English, how would you react?

shocking

I understand. I want french for the literature it just would be shitty to get tons of shit for just trying to learn the language is all. I'd be pretty timid in speaking french in fear of making grammatical and pronunciation mistakes I think if I visit I will stay out of paris just the same

Si c'est uniquement pour lire des pavés à la bibliothèque municipale tu ne risques pas d'interagir avec beaucoup de serveurs aigris, user.

bon soir ou est un lieu de recontre pedes?
*get ignored*

Attached: 1478048656241.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Yes, the stereotype is overblown. But nationalities are little more than the stereotypes surrounding them to the average American. I've seldom met an American poster on this board who didn't believe that every single French person smugly looks down on America and American culture.

>be entirely ignored by waiters for slightly mispronouncing a word
Always this same complain
Why do you care ? do you plan to spend your life in a parisian café ?

>I've seldom met an American poster on this board who didn't believe that every single French person smugly looks down on America and American culture
I've seldom met a Frenchman who doesn't

Attached: 1512750713301.gif (380x213, 1.99M)

Exactly this, I don't mind speaking French with a stranger, as long as it is understandable, otherwise I rather turn to English.

Sure. In the end, it's always the same thing. Americans breathe sensationalism and feel the need to be in a constant state of outrage. Believing every nationality is out to get you is also part of that

Take my word or not, c'est la vie
French tourists are all jerks regardless of your opinion

Tourists are bad people in general
Tourism is wrong

same thing that a mexican feels in usa

>wanting to learn french
It's a shit language spoken shitty people.

As if americans were different. I didn't understand what a mutt said me once, I asked to please repeat and he told me "you speak English or what?". I mean just because I don't understand a sentence there's no need to be rude :(

poor swiss

Where was this?

In Portugal why?

I was hoping you'd reaffirm my belief that New Yorkers are subhuman

Attached: 1537894654123.png (910x1024, 885K)

They ruined their own country, forget about them.

Maybe rural frenchs are nicer, and more into french culture

They are, but that's only because they rarely get subhuman tourists.

kek don't know where did it come from but that guy was a moron. He even got mad at boat guy just because he showed us a rock that looked like Trump. I mean have a laugh sometimes cmon. But it was just a isolated case t bh most of you guys are nice I have to say

Yes if you go to Bretagne for example people are really nice. But as the other user said is probably a tourist thing.

What a faggot
Don't come to Paris and go to the contryside, you'll find real french people and they will help you everytime.

>go to the contryside, you'll find real french people
Provincials are barely human to begin with, how can they be "real French people"?

Attached: 1459626543475.png (1288x902, 103K)

Meh Paris people is horrible t bh. Its like they think to live in the best city in the world (lmao)

Oui, je veux être comme Hemingway ou Fitzgerald, je rêvai que je bois du café et des vins en Paris tout ce soir, j'habite Montmarte et vie comme un boheme.

Sounds good if you can afford 10€ coffees in the Flore.

So like 2 coffee here? Not too expensive

I will trade my avant garde artwork for very little food and plenty of drink obviously

A medium (300mL) coffee at Tim Hortons is $1.92 here (1.27€ / $2 Singapore dollars / 1.46 swiss francs)

Honestly the nicest person I met in Europe was a Parisian who had the patience to guide me and my family to our hotel in the 13th arondissement. Paris was beautiful and I have a strong fondness for French culture because of that one extremely nice man.

*filters you*

Attached: file.png (340x324, 28K)

Are Quebecois more or less arrogant?

I have a Parisian friend and a friend from Martinique living in Lyon. They both said that Parisians are too busy to stop and wait for someone to string together a sentence in broken French, but if you go outside of Paris people are a bit more forgiving.

France looks really beutiful but the language is hard, and they dont want to speak english, also english with a french accent sound good to me, am I the only one?

Don't mind the flag, I'm a Quebecer and I'd like to think we're pretty humble and easygoing.

Also, I must say this whole "French are arrogant" thing is horseshit. The stereotype is mostly associated with Parisians (who certainly don't represent the rest of France btw) and even then, Parisians really aren't that bad...it's just sensitive people with inferiority complexes who get butthurt if they're treated rudely but you just gotta dish it back, which surprisingly turns things around in your favour.

Learn Italian and go there and only speak Italian. Fight fire with fire.

Italians and French don't really like each other.

cringe, kys

...people would just ignore you. There's no Italian-French rivalry, it's just a one-sided Italian obsession at this point.

>Italians and French don't really like each other.
since when

>be treated like a dog with such disrespect to be entirely ignored by waiters
this is the genuine french experience. If they treat you like shit you have to treat them like shit to gain their respect.

if you're good enough at speaking french to understand classic french litterature, you'll never get your french answered in english

Paris is alright, the countryside is alright. Nice people and cunts in both.