Why doesn't mainland Europe have good universities like us? With a few notable exceptions...

Why doesn't mainland Europe have good universities like us? With a few notable exceptions, pretty much all the prestigious European universities are in Britain.

Attached: 1_YiY1yK5GBk4wJzTasm5MqA.jpg (1000x667, 216K)

>muh oxbridge

fuck off tarq

South and East does not have money and northern prefer spending the money on refugees centers, 3º world migrants welfare and multiculturalism

>muh kike reviewd surveys say our universities good cuz quotas and diversity and number of paperws therefore we itnelligent lmfao

Fuck off

You only get quality education through exclusiveness. It has to be inequal. Continental Europe's universities are mostly egalitarian, so as a result, the quality of the universities falls

Ahhh even chinese ranking rate our and brit universities higher than others

unironically this.
the books are the same everywhere

The top UK and American unis are still dominated by the privileged crust of WASP elites from the upper and upper-middle classes.

Doesn't studying cost thousands of pounds in the UK and tens of thousands of dollars in the US?
Here it's free, so I'm guessing the universities can't afford first grade equipment and fund first rate research as they simply lack the funds to do so

Attached: Skærmbillede 2018-10-15 kl. 19.48.32.png (1294x1148, 1.88M)

"muh citations" universities are primary teaching institutions not research institutions. research is done by research instituts like the max planck or frauenhofer instituts. they cooperate closely with universities but publish themselves. all that your retarded system does is make university more expensive. the mutts are even worse.

Shangai ranking (the best ranking) is made by chinks and there are no points for quotas or diversity

>Doesn't studying cost thousands of pounds in the UK
They used to be completely free here as well. University fees were only introduced in 1998 by that cunt Tony Blair.

>this autist again saying the same shit every thread
The rankings are not only about citations you idiot

European Union = Third World

Attached: DI5haHoXcAAdWO1.jpg (1200x1085, 122K)

Stabbing is 100 times worse than rape. Stabbing causes potentially permanent damage and horrible scars, while rape is all in your head after the fact.

>Caring about memeversities

That's bullshit though

prestigious does not automatically mean good.
nuff said about how "good" your universities are

All the good universities in the USA are in New England as well, Anglo-Saxon ancestry makes you a better human
t. Ben Franklin

>books are the same everywhere
yes but when you seclude 99% of the population out of your top institute, that institute is going to see overwhelmingly positive results when compared to the rest

Princeton is in New Jersey.

Our largest university is ranked 801 of 1000. We're shit aren't we.

I moved here for university. Leiden, Utrecht, Rotterdam and Amsterdam are all world class universities.
Though it’s true back in England the Russell’s group dominates world rankings.

but they play a huge role. another huge role is simply size because that bumps up pretty much every statistic from citations to number of nobel price winners that graduated at that university.
germany is a decentralized country of many small and medium sized cities. a lot of wich have their own universities.

It is not surprising that in the English-speaking world, universities from the USA and England will be most highly rated.

MUH REPUTATION SURVEY
MUH REPUTATION SURVEY AGAIN
MUH PUBLICATIONS
MUH REPUTATION SURVEY YET ANOTHER FUCKING TIME

>stuff that actually matters
>counts for 4.5% of the ranking

meme rankings

Attached: factors.png (778x494, 133K)

America has both small and big universities. The ivy leagues and other tip american universities are not that big. Mit has 11k students while german TUM has 40

Research and industry and reputation are all important to students. Not all of us are undergrad brainlets

>Doctorates awarded to academic staff
>6%
Does that mean professors have PHDs from elsewhere or do they just have none? I believe you can't even be a TA without a doctorate here.

This. "Best university" is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Not that anyone cares about this outside of undergraduate degrees.

>All these seething yuropoors
Good post OP

> citations

Holy shit that's a meme if I ever saw one.

Well, I wouldnt mind getting stabbed by her.

Step aside bitch niggas

Attached: 1200px-American_University_of_Beirut_logo.svg.png (1200x798, 93K)

How many years do you have to study for a BSc (Bachelor of Stealing Copper)?

Bet you study at a mediocre school anyway

>what is EPFL
>what is ZTH
>what is l'X
>what is ENS
nigel please

Attached: nonfrenchBTFO.png (1040x1162, 142K)

In my research area European universities are very well represented among the top universities of the world, so I can't really agree to your statement.

>Fields Medal
Literally what?

Try posting something relevant, boyo.

Attached: chartoftheday_11328_top_ten_nobel_prize_winners_by_country_of_birth_n.jpg (960x684, 132K)

As opposed to the Nobel price, the fields medal is still an indicator of research quality.

>nobel prices
I hope you included the very relevants peace prices in that statistic. even in scientific disciplines they basically give them to any woman with a PhD nowadays so they can call themselves tolerant

>fields medal is irrelevant

Fucking retard

actually we prefer to offer everyone to same level of education, not just to a lucky few.

so it does not matter where you graduated, unlike in anglo countries

does it have points for square kilometers per student? My uni skyrocketed in one of those jew rankings because it got itself a new building.

English competition doesnt exist in the continent

t. UCL graduate

how come there are so many world leading German companies when our universities are so shit?

University rankings are bullshit obviously

German universities are high-quality overall. TU9 holds a high standard. Similar situation in Sweden.

it's practically free, you only pay your loans back when you start earning a certain amount. if you havent paid it back within 20 years it gets wiped.

literally due to english being lingua franca

>I will never be british
it hurts inside

Attached: 1.jpg (659x697, 127K)

U Penn is in Pennsylvania, Columbia is in NY
Northeast fits better

funny how butthurt continentals get over britain
nothing they say can hurt us which is what truly pisses them off more than anything

I think we can all agree that Brazilian universities are terrible.