/smg/ stock market general

smg long weekend and lunch edition

comfys eow podcast
youtube.com/watch?v=wFEKSKBa_50&

Attached: 1526144613084.jpg (1401x1499, 702K)

OK, but how much would someone have to pay you to suck his dingus?

I want to trade stocks RIGHT NOW

Can someone gives me some thoughts on NXEOW, which are warrants for NXEO. Warrants have have a strike of 5.75 and two warrants plus 11.50 entitle to one share of NXEO. Expiration is June 2021.

Legion partners, an activist hedge fund just bought 2 million warrants per their latest filings. I know they are sharp guys but I am not a black-scholes wiz... Any thoughts?

I have >100k right now because crypto turned me into a degen.

Someone give me shitc- me mean stock to do TA on

$20-50

how about FN?

WhirlPool

FN for sure on way down

Attached: SmartSelect_20180526-161104_Brave.jpg (1366x2352, 813K)

Kind of a beginner stock question but generally how many blue chip stocks do you guys hold? Or are you just day trading small caps?

Ohhh this one hard it like XRP 5 min chart
Me unable for tell

Attached: 1526572641974.gif (716x716, 31K)

terrible, thanks for nothing

That guy has the body of Vitalik Buterin

S T I C C is the new T H I C C

bought some of this, they own a bunch of eth, are otc but I was able to buy some through td
nice getting some tax shielding
guy in charge of it sold his etf company to blackrock

Attached: EtherCap.png (420x142, 5K)

thanks for bringing this up. I only knew about gbtc and etcg which are trading at ridiculous premiums. ethc seems much more reasonable. I'll probably dump my retirement into it.

Me sor daddy will make chart

Attached: 1519946983406.jpg (403x403, 127K)

thats right you little bitch boy make that chart like the slut you are.

remove memorial day

Anybody else pay attention to the conversation I had with that retired quant yesterday?
Did I mention miss anything good after falling asleep?

I don't think so m8
although quantitative is not my thing, it was interesting to learn something

Man, I had a fucking headache for the whole day and didn't get any shit done (my shool application essays and DDs on companies I want to go long)

fuck this gay earth

>Automated tea leaf reader soon

I have a STEM background and I do think quantitative statrategies are legit
It is not tea-leaf reading, it is more like trying to win more often than lose
I remember one of Shkreli's videos in which he presented the return to the mean strategy : 2 stocks within the sale sector with high correlation, whenever one is above or beneath the other with 2 standard deviations, you short or long that stock (and vice versa on the other).

WHR still has some room for fall

Attached: 20180526_191441.jpg (1280x2374, 834K)

>I have a STEM background and I do think quantitative statrategies are legit
Correct!
>It is not tea-leaf reading, it is more like trying to win more often than lose
I didn't mean to call quant. "tea leaf reading" -- I'm actually going to create a genuine ML system, but the results are going to be so shit at first that I'm going to call my program "the automated tea leaf reader"

ok

Load up on NTDOY. $80 by this time next year isn't unlikely.

Well, I think my puts on Dish are going to be just fine this coming week. What are you guys looking to invest in for the summer time?
I think TSLA is calling me.

This smart money thing that I found in an article is scaring the shit out of me.
It was probably just sensationalist FUD like the kind that rolled out when 10 yr. Treasuries hit 3% like 3% was some kind of magic number, but it's sticking in my head.

Attached: Screenshot_20180525-222044.png (1080x1920, 765K)

Have 15 shares of micron. Will I be rich?

What price did you buy your shares at?

Should I buy USO calls guys? They seem cheap. Thinking of buying a few 14 dollar August calls. Theyre 50 dollars each

Attached: 1527204189995.jpg (666x555, 36K)

Oil is going back up. All it takes is one tweet.

how does biz pick it's investments

TA, FA or dartboard

Depends on the user and their timeframe.
Some do multiple month holds on OTC stocks -- which is FA.
Others do swing trading or will daytrade gold, oil, bonds, or SPY -- which is of course TA.

do you think i could TA long term stocks?

TA for long term sounds like a really idiotic idea, particularly if long term means multiple years.
FA is what drives rational behavior and long term behavior in stocks.
I kind of do a bit of it with my multiple month holds, in that you shouldn't "fight the market", but earnings reports come out quarterly and you can't just pretend like those don't exist.
It's be silly to try candlestick patterns with monthly charts though.

i was thinking more in line with what you said, probably better defined as medium term in like 3-12 months holds following the market

About 3 months could totally work.
You should possibly watch for upcoming earnings reports and dump a position something like a week or two before an earnings call.
I don't, but that's probably not very smart.
A 12 month hold totally can get a reversal in the middle of it.
Check out GE.

a family member of mine has invested in sirisxm some time ago and according to him hes done very well lately

Yup.
That's making quite the run lately.
I think their earnings might have just started taking off this year.

me irl

This graph is something.
Does correlation equal causation in this case? Worries me for sure.

Attached: 1527393814431.jpg (890x469, 74K)

Oh dude, yeah, the most reliable recession predictor is an inversion of the bond yield curve. As in, the 2 year Treasury having a higher yield than the 10 year Treasury.
That's getting close, but it still has a good amount of space right now, and the recession only happens at least 3 or 6 months after an actual inversion.
An inversion hasn't happened yet, and there is no concern until it actually does happen.