New Caledonia

What are people's opinions about this place?

Attached: new-caledonia-map.gif (900x624, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouvéa_cave_hostage_taking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what a wasted get

Pls liberate them from France

Nice place
Would be nicer without the locals

Aren't they going to be independent? I'm asking because I don't know a lot about them.

Hope they will be independent soon.
>The city north of Noumea is called Dumbea
lmao

They're going to have a referendum about it, but it's probably going to stay with France since all the French settlers and other French subjects are allowed to vote in it and they're the majority.

Have you ever been? Is it worth going to Or should I just go to Hawaii or somewhere like that.

I want to visit to see the conifers there

used to live there when I was young then left to France but would go back 2 months every summer
Don't know shit about Hawaii but I can tell you NC is nicely varied in landscapes thought not very developped (the northern half has 50000 people living there)

It has lovely sights all over the islands though, and the Loyauté islands (Ouvéa, Lifou, Maré) are nice tooMoreover the landscapes are pretty varied

This is the deep south :

Attached: baie_grand_sud_Nouvelle_Caledonie_1920x449.jpg (1920x449, 490K)

How's the violence there now a days? Wasn't there a bunch of shit going down in the 70's and 80's?

I went there on a cruise as a kid, It was a weird experince since it was the first foreign country I ever been to, everything was dirty and the islanders spoke french, But I could easily see it being a Austarlian place just replace the people and the language.

Yeah there were some troubles with the locals
Especially this bit of business
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouvéa_cave_hostage_taking

Basically the independentists assaulted a gendarmery (army police station), killed a few gendarmes and took ~30 more as ostages
The story is the GIGN went a bit overboard and even executed some of the kidnappers during the rescue operation, including their leader

Don't know about nowadays but it was pretty safe 10 years ago, worst we got was a pack of them overtaking our car and throwing a beer can at us

Attached: 24122014-IMG_7837.jpg (1600x785, 226K)

>overtaking our car and throwing beer cans
So they're just French-speaking Abos?

I picture abos as completely passive sloths that spend their entire days high on petrol fumes
I'd say they're a bit more aggressive and dangerous than that but the similarities are there yes

La Nouvelle-Caledonie, c'est la Frace, les canaques ne devraient pas avoir de faire un referendum sur l'independance.
J'espere que Maceron ne soit pas un traitre et n'abandonne pas l'archipel.

speak human

*le droit de faire

tais toi et ferme ta gueule mexichien

>French subjects
Errrr, over since the late 1700s
"citizens"

"Ici c'est la France !"
that was a motto during the Algerian war, didn't end that well so we learnt from that and won't do it again.
Also we had a referendum in France about allowing their referendum. Very first time I voted in fact, having just turned 18.

Attached: pic2216140.jpg (371x500, 39K)

Hey, that game looks pretty interesting actually.

Attached: pic1357981.jpg (800x600, 93K)

>does it have Algerians?
Yes.
It sucks ass then

Oh, an Algerian! must be FLN!
*paradrops 1st REP into the hex*
*Hahahaha it's worth nine algerian units*
*Oh shit the lefties called for a referendum at home, the war is over*

Attached: pic245279.jpg (148x148, 10K)

Attached: FB_IMG_1539815999415.jpg (444x552, 13K)