/éire/

Eagrán an créatúr

Attached: 1540302118971.png (1920x1210, 3.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thejournal.ie/shepherd-machaya-dcu-student-deportation-petition-4299636-Oct2018/
twitter.com/FineGael/status/1054769945534480384
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Read a short piece on your guys' election this Friday. How is it possible that 5/6 of the candidates are Independents? Is it that a bunch of them are outsiders and they don't have to arbitrarily align themselves with a party like in the US?
More so, how the fuck is it possible that half of them were on Dragon's Den?
Is this race even up for debate, or is Higgins a sure thing?

>How is it possible that 5/6 of the candidates are Independents?
It's a mostly apolitical gig but some of the candidates are endorsed by certain parties

>how the fuck is it possible that half of them were on Dragon's Den?
I guess because they want to be president for the bants, same with Trump from the apprentice

>Is this race even up for debate, or is Higgins a sure thing?
Pretty much, the media is largely pro Higgins and even if there was more opposition to him there are five other candidates so the vote would be split, I'm not voting for Higgins cause i think he's a cuck but I know we'll he will win

Thanks for the insight
Interesting to see what the important issues are in elections where you're not putting the winner's finger on the button to launch nukes, which is all I've seen here my whole life. Seems much more civil over there.

No worries man, and it's good that Trump hasn't launched any nukes..so far

>meme presidential election getting a lot more focus than the blasphemy referendum
going to be funny if the blasphemy thing fails

Is a 'no' vote what conservatives are likely to do? I don't really understand the issue at hand.

>I'm not voting for Higgins cause i think he's a cuck
On what grounds?

Reminder that ireland's PM is a gay indian

It's just removing a word from the constitution so that there is no longer a requirement for there to be a law against blasphemous material. I don't think anybody's been done for it but Muslim groups wanted to invoke it against anybody who would publish the Charlie Hebdo cartoons. Getting rid of it sounds like a good idea for free speech in principle but there's still plenty of room to create "hate speech" laws. I can only imagine the end result will be "hate speech" protection for minority religions but no protection for Catholicism.

They'll probably host a black mass in the english government buildings once it's passed, complete with a child sacrifice to mark the occasion.

>PM
Fuck off

That's what he is. To call him and the office a "taoiseach" cheapens the real Irish political institution which once factually existed.

I don't understand this meme

It's a reference to the increased "religiousity" in the anti-religious (ie: anti-Catholic/Christian) establishment in this country. If they'd have a party when babykilling was legalised, I don't put it beyond them to ceremonially "celebrate" the giving of licence to blasphemy with an active blasphemy. And since child murder is already legal, they can go and have an abortion as part of it too. (Openly, that is).

>tf
>muttmeme

ebin

He gave condolences for Castro's death and called apartheid a blotch on humanoty

>He gave condolences for Castro's death
And bless him for it. Besides he got a ton of backlash from it, if he was a cuck like you say then he never would've gone against public opinion like that.

Fuck off with your commie leprechaun.

Many reasons.
The office of president holds so little practical power that none of the big parties really care about it when they have a chance at actual power. If anything, having a candidate who is recognisably their partisan is a liability to them.

But due to the way the system was so poorly designed, as a copypasta of the monarch's non-role in the UK, as a place to put venerable but powerless politicians to give legitimacy to the actual government leader, and partially as a sop to Protestants and people worried about dictatorship, it gives legitimacy to whatever establishment talking points the "president" is told to say by the so-called soft-power running the country. So they put loudmouth leftist radicals up there that wouldn't be trusted with actual power by enough of the population to win. That's been the last three presidents in a row.

Because of the nature of the position, the parties are on the same page when it comes to what they want from a president, and their existence doesn't depend on getting "their man" into it. So in this election the nominally "independent" sitting president is in fact the man of ALL the big parties, having won as the candidate of the "Labour Party", which is a third wheel in what used to be the de-facto two party system.
And because of the nature of the broader political system, no one is able to mount a cohesive campaign to unseat the current occupant, so what we have instead is Sinn Feign making a pointless symbolic statement by being the only actual party to "challenge" Higgins, with the rest of the field padded out with literally whos in order to create the impression that democracy presents a real possibility of unseating the big parties' man.

Do irish girls like Brown men?
Asking for a friend

no, they only like GAA chads

caife

Attached: Coffee.png (64x64, 7K)

cheetos

Attached: cheetos-crunchy-cheese.png (334x483, 185K)

cearc

Attached: 250px-Rhode_Island_Red.jpg (250x222, 22K)

GAA?

>weebs are fatarses who eat Cheetos

Checks out

>even if there was more opposition to him there are five other candidates so the vote would be split
Good thing we have a PR form of voting then.

If it was two candidates then I think there'd be a shot but no

Imagine being this unaware

>want to debate people on reddit
>have to wait hours to respond to their posts due to work
>miss out on all that sweet sweet karma because i'm late to the party
This Reddit thing is tough.

Attached: 1513196214961.gif (500x281, 509K)

Quick rundown then smartarse?

yes GAA. if you're not a local GAA superstar you're fucked

>spoonfeed me
uhh NO

Hugo Ricciardi O'Neill is the rightful High King of Ireland.

Attached: hugooneill.jpg (711x716, 95K)

Tell me man

I am the true Ard Rí by virtue of my noble Gaelic essence

High King of Ireland is a plebian title, Emperor of All Celts would be more appropriate

>since 2013, 19,319 minors were granted Irish citizenship in the same period.
Christ, it's worse than I thought.

Do you know how our electoral system works?

Claire Byrne live.

Attached: 1526241021327.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

lurk moar

Attached: 1538437363192.png (1008x982, 668K)

The person with the most votes wins?

The candidate with 50% + 1 vote wins.

>Claire Byrne live
Well we shall see what brave government brings forward a referendum for it.

Is this bait? Have you voted in an election before?

So what happens if Higgins doesn't get that?

>Hurr CSPE is a joke/doss class, why bother paying attention
Was/Is this you in school?

What do American snacks have to do with Ireland? Why do you post caife, cearc and Cheetos every thread, it just looks like autism

Well it was.

You need to go back I'm afraid

Attached: 1538595995148.jpg (570x603, 35K)

No I know that we have a minority government because fg didn't get an absolute majority

Junior cert was like eight years ago, give me a fucking break

Nope, this fella does tho

ok retard

Sorry, i don't have the energy in me currently.

Shan't be going anywhere.

Attached: 1518759481814.jpg (1199x1296, 148K)

Don't just leave this thread, leave Ireland

This is why we're fucked politically.

>tho
You really have to go back.

>doesn't understand CCC
leave earth you eastern european cave-dwelling illiterate retard

>Muh sekrit treehouse club we know things you don't ha newfag xDD

Cmon lad we're so surely more mature than this

>Anti-democratic to try and obstruct a referendum the people has decided on like this. Peadar is elected to serve his constituents, not himself.
Fucking hell, the Repeal bots aren't even hiding that they want total obedience from their goyim on the abortion question, acting as if the referendum was on the legislation when they explicitly said in debates that it wasn't.

Attached: 1511404155672.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>spelling like a child is funny ecksdee
Ok really do go back now, you've had your time

I spelled like a child because that's what you sound like. Act like an adult and you'll be treated like one.

ok but when are you going back

Are the Shinners going to kick him out again? Fuck sake, someone stop them. Or just let them run themselves into the ground.

Attached: 1534654709179.jpg (500x636, 33K)

Not any time soon, I like it here :)

painfully unfunny
but you can stay if you stop talking

Unlike Reddit cucks? Sure

?

There was a fella earlier saying he was on Reddit, he doesn't belong here

>autistic arguments about Facebook memes and reddit

Attached: 1513241301499.jpg (502x602, 66K)

Unless you're the big man of the parish (who was usually a local GAA "star" of questionable quality at some point).

>Anime
>Calling something else autistic

Don't be throwing rocks in glass houses lad

Anime is the good type of autism.

Attached: 1523054155242.jpg (800x800, 80K)

>CCC
>Facebook memes
It really doth maketh one thinketh

No being right wing is

Are the two not linked? Top minds of the left-wing media say that they are.

Attached: 1525137195420.jpg (800x720, 113K)

Prove that it's not a Facebook meme. Otherwise I will continue to perpetuate my theory.

Right, I'm probably gonna vote for Higgins.
Can anyone give me a well formed reason why I shouldn't?

give me a quick run down about sligo is it a shithole

>Can anyone give me a well formed reason why I shouldn't?
I can't, but the Prime Time debate tonight might.

Who /debate/ here?

Attached: 1514984123194.jpg (855x1200, 219K)

Voting takes up time that could be better spent considering the fact that the Irish presidency is pointless?

He's a labour party career politician commie cuck

It's alright. No major problems with it anyways.

Attached: 1457833628688.jpg (700x646, 64K)

It has delusions of grandeur greater than those of Kilkenny (it seems to think that it's a city for some reason).

The role of the President is very important in that Jow Forums will mock us mercilessly for 7-14 years if we elect somebody embarrassing. Michael D has served us well so far in that regard.

That pic doesn't really apply to /éire/pol/ though considering their intense dislike of anime.

Attached: 1529747356751.png (789x900, 476K)

When will you learn that poorly disguised attempts at asking someone to spoonfeed you don't work?

The better question is why you should vote for him, or vote at all.

>It has delusions of grandeur greater than those of Kilkenny
Incidentally, I think that lad is from Kilkenny. He asked about Sligo before and had Extra Flags
>The role of the President is very important in that Jow Forums will mock us mercilessly for 7-14 years if we elect somebody embarrassing. Michael D has served us well so far in that regard.
I reckon Peter Casey would get the most respect on here because he's anti-feminist. Plus I think I recall Michael D being mocked before for being a manlet

>or vote at all.
This is what loses referendums.

>Plus I think I recall Michael D being mocked before for being a manlet
That's low-tier mocking though. I'm talking about if we elected somebody like Trudeau or one of the Rubberbandits.

I know, I hate anime and I don't see the appeal in it

>Varadkar
>Not Trudeau lite

Varadkar is actually considerably more conservative than Trudeau. But it's all relative.

I'll take you where surely you have never been alright in the fight am ok c'mon.
C'MON
hey do you feel the life it's breathable look at this town which is unbelievable. no other business like that in the w-world WORLD.

Attached: 1520023535575.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

Ireland needs more trees.

Sweden needs more whites

I agree but I don't think farmers are willing to give up their land. It's a shame, Ireland is just a big farm with no scenery

Attached: 13.png (1280x720, 769K)

The rightful high King would belong to the Ua Conchubar (O' Connor) dynasty, not the Uí Néill.

He's a champagne communist and has helped push the government's platform through inaction, an act of treason against the Irish people because that platform is intended to turn Ireland into a multi-cultural "paradise" such that the employer has a large selection of cheap labour and ethnic tensions prevent the working classes from unity against the landlord class. Then there's his misuse of expenses, his claiming of multiple pensions while on the president's salary and his attitude when being called out for the expenditure at the cost of the taxpayer. He also considers the Travelling People upstanding members of society while (reportedly) having requested them removed from his Galway property in 1969.

Also, fuck the Miggeldee Dobbie memes.

thejournal.ie/shepherd-machaya-dcu-student-deportation-petition-4299636-Oct2018/
What's this? Yet another petition calling for a halt to the deportation of some illegal foreign student? The third one I've seen in a few days. What is going on here? This seems co ordinated.

>and has helped push the government's platform through inaction
I've also noticed he's used that as an excuse this campaign too, like in the Virgin TV debate he didn't mention that he agreed or disagreed with water charges because he's supposed to be neutral, it didn't stop him answering questions on his opinions of knackers or other political stuff though.
>Also, fuck the Miggeldee Dobbie memes.
I don't want to know what that is, does it have anything to do with the Micheal Tea shite the Fine Gaybos are pushing? twitter.com/FineGael/status/1054769945534480384
There was a DCU student mentioning this last week here. And yeah these campaigns seem pretty coordinated desu, half of the signatures have probably been on all 3.