Are we even going to need LinkPool?

It looks like the team is making this real easy and user friendly for node operators. Will this help the inevitable normie rush? Do we really need to use LinkPool if we have >10k Link to stake on our node?

Attached: linkpoolbtfo.png (1917x963, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper
github.com/thodges-gh/cldocker
pastebin.com/LQrGVyvu
coursera.org/learn/unix).
warosu.org/biz/thread/S9467040
smartcontract.com/link#chainlink
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kek you linkpool fags got suckered.

whoa was wondering how this was going to work. excellent.

node operators will need to invest time to find valuable data sources to offer on their node, ensure up-time, risk loss of reputation, and potentially their staked LINK if their node goes offline. If you dont want to invest that time/effort and carry that risk, linkpool will do it for you....for a 25% cut of fees

2,3 and 4 can all be solved by using a VPS. So really it comes down to whether you can put in the effort to locate valuable data feeds. I think the way things are going there will be an entire marketplace for data feeds, so it probably won't be too hard either. Personally I'm super glad I didn't throw money at linkpool, I was very close.

25% is so freaking bullshit
5% and I might consider it

Thanks, Jonny. I knew there was more to it

anything easily available wont pay much cuz there will be 500 anons offering the same data

Suck my dick Johnny bravo

bump

I feel like this thread might be a safe space from the general link retardation. Does anyone else genuinely feel it makes every other project look like shit? ETH + protocal upgrades + LINK does basically everything that crypto can do.

Sounds about right. Only thing I wonder is if Eth can scale sufficiently.

Whoa what the fuck, link is actually doing something for once?

T-this is a shitcoin r-right guys?

Attached: 1527562644403.jpg (460x397, 39K)

"ChainLink is fundamentally blockchain agnostic. Not all of its competitors in the oracle space are. This means that ChainLink doesn’t need Ethereum to survive, despite being an ERC20 token. If Ethereum fails in the future, the LINK tokens can be distributed again on another blockchain through airdrops. The tokens are just a means of assigning value to oracle providers via blockchain-economics. The ChainLink network itself can interact with any blockchain, and query hundreds if not thousands of oracles to any smart contract on any blockchain. If you think about it, Ethereum needs ChainLink to survive, and not the other way around."

Basically. People don't understand how fucking significant this project is. $1000 EOY is a meme, but LINK could unironically hit $1000 by 2025-2027

>2025-2027
Sounds about right with the FUD saying mainnet in 2022

Yep, the shittest in fact.
Look away.

The EOS bugs just underline how most other teams in the blockchain space act like fucking amateurs by comparison

desu, linkpool needs to cut down their commission.... they cant even get to 60% of their crowd funding goal.... kinda sad really

Avoid linkpool its a big scam, dont make them rich.

Johnny, I had no idea you were a fellow visitor of my favorite minnesota state butt-chugging forum.

>Obvious Johnny is obvious
Stick to coding, you obviously don’t know business all to well if you think you can charge people a 25% commission for staking their link. Name me one industry where a 25% commission is charged. Someone will put you out of business very fast by charging 5%.

It doesn’t really matter because the only time chainlink impacts the network is when the contract needs the data to execute and it gets written to the blockchain. So in the short term right after mainnet launches, there won’t be a huge demand and thus it’ll be a small impact to the Ethereum network. If smartcontracts start to see widespread adoption, then yes, you are correct and the scalability could become an issue.

It's what I don't understand about these supply chain coins. Why would a company use you when they're going to use link+hyperledger or an app on link+ethereum to just do the same thing?

but ur assuming there's going to be competition.... as someone without tech background, passive income even with a 25% fee is better than earning zero %, sitting in a wallet

>25% commission to set up an AWS node
nobody will want to use your centralized stack of nodes anyway, since it is a possible sybil attack

Attached: 1526237102384.jpg (916x910, 66K)

During the 75 day window registrations were open, we generated staking interest of:
13,969,252.36 LINK

you're right...no idea about business

I respect that you're taking a big risk in paying back penalty payments to token holders, and overall doing something that hasn't been done before. I hope if everything goes well that you're able to lower the fees.

>Assuming that there won't be any competition

Kekito

Hey hey this is a family restaurant, take his dick out of your mouth.

t. Linkpool
this is just plain wrong

Does that not centralise onto one major node thus defeating the project? Particularly since if it is to used globally it requires dispersed global nodes in many continents for rapid access to data sources in international markets.

>Word salad of the day.

You sir will do well in political career

I’d like to know this as well

Stfu u cockgobblers

The whitepaper uses the same 20k per node diminishing returns figure thrown around for staked tokens. So 14,000,000/20,000 = 700 nodes

Someone had determined that LINKpool wouldn't be worth the returns anyway. For it to be worth the returns LINK would already have to be mooned to a crazy price. It's better just to buy LINK.

This user had it right.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-25-12-27-19.png (1440x2880, 533K)

The order of Delphi will shut down your nodes.

-Julian

Now linkpool FUD is going to be a thing?

Absolute state of Jow Forums

Which kind of coding should I learn in order to stake my stinkylinkies? I have zero tech experience

Attached: semenkiss.gif (480x640, 1.71M)

>Name me one industry where a 25% commission is charged
Google Play and Apple App store charge 30% for instance. Granted, they never took off and developers flocked to independent market places...

when you realise they only have to serve 1 in 4 more requests than your shit ran nodes to make more than you.

Because the supply chain protocol coins have a lot of specifics built in - eg. a graph database so you can easily query best routes or track your containers, ERM/ERP systems integration, regulatory compliant processes, sensitive business information protection and so on.

None of this would be provided by a LINK-based system out of the box.

It's the first of it's kind. Mainnet isnt even out yet. If link takes off and smart contracts become mainstream, many companies would love to rent and stake your links for a fee. This fee will come down dramatically due to the competition in the space. Right now, linkpool hold a monopoly on a service that doesnt exist yet. Worry not desu.

EOS bugs?

If I am insurance company x who wants reliable weather data for a smart contract. Do i source it from Anonymous3BNCh55k's node, or LinkPool™'s highly available network of 700+ nodes.

Decentralized is great, but business knows how to work with business, it makes them feel safe. Do you think they will care about a node penalty payment of a handful of link they get back if your node fucks up, or do you think they just want it to work?

Is it worth the hassle to already experiment with a testnet node?

I literally might just hire some geek to do it for me?

You don't choose a node, you fucking retard. A request will pull data from a number of nodes

Using the reputation maintained on-chain, along with a more robust set of data
gathered from logs of past contracts, purchasers can manually sort, filter, and select
oracles via off-chain listing services

link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper
page 5

This! Eth, link and maybe monero Is everything needed. If your tokens dont pay dividends or arent one of the three above mentiont, they are shit.

And dont forget to buy masternode Vechain worth of 100k so you can make 100usd monthly LOL.

Absolutely. Spinning one up is pretty easy, and if you can code you'll be able to actually do something with it - github.com/thodges-gh/cldocker

pastebin.com/LQrGVyvu
Jonnys own notes from working on LinkPool so far.

Nice Oraclize shill, RIP Chainlink

you think there can't be a business layer on top of decentralized services offerings?

Does oraclise offer insurance too? I'm sure chainlink parent company can offer the same

What is that’s the point of link

My point is decentralization doesn't need to mean interacting with an oracle node in some nazi frog posters basement. There can be a professional/business element to offering decentralized services, and that will likely be reflected in the reputation of the linkpool nodes and the assignments they receive

Of course there can be, and if it offers a desirable service at a reasonable rate then it has every right to succeed.
Having said that, I find this statement pretty concerning:
>Do i source it from Anonymous3BNCh55k's node, or LinkPool™'s highly available network of 700+ nodes.
It seems to miss that one of the great benefits of a decentralised network is that it doesn't matter if a node is run by Anonymous3BNCh55k. It doesn't matter if user's node is run on a cheeto dust covered computer in his basement. That node will be judged according to the accuracy and reliability of its data feeds (quantities which will be completely transparent and fully articulated in code), not the personality behind it. Making the case that business wants to interact with Legitimate Business™ seems to wildly miss one of the major benefits of decentralisation which is greater inclusion, greater access to service provision, and a greater reliance on the quality of service performed than the mere fact it's being performed by a centralised entity. It's honestly troubling that you would try and make an argument that, as I alluded to in my previous comment, is fundamentally the same (fallacious) argument that someone would use to try to preference Oraclize over Chainlink.

thats not taking into account what Thomas has said about reputation providers and off-chain KYC. if a company creates a reputation provider that requires you to signup, who you think theyre more likely to accept, LinkPool or some guy who runs it from his basement?

Greater inclusion...another meme for token holders. Literally no business cares about how included you feel

I can't answer that, obviously, because the process through which reputation and identity are established and confirmed hasn't been made public at all. But there's no reason to suggest that a node operator working as an individual won't be allowed to run nodes, or that they'll somehow be made to be inferior to a centralised business layer operating on the Chainlink network.
I don't get the sense that Chainlink is setting up this network just so a bunch of companies, each holding hundreds of nodes, can squeeze out any individual. Especially considering Thomas brought up reputation providers in regards to Sybil attacks, which could suggest there might even be limitations on how many nodes a single entity could run.
This is all complete speculation because there is simply no current information about how it's all going to work, but I think it's fair to say "Centralised node businesses running on Chainlink are better than individuals" fundamentally misses the point of the value that decentralised networks confer.

The business doesn't have to care. The business just wants accurate data from reliable providers. The point of greater inclusion is that anyone with the technical nous to run a VPS can now be that provider. Christ some of you people don't even understand decentralisation 101.

i think a lot of people are being a bit naive to running nodes. just needing a full main geth node means you cant just use a basic VPS already and people dont realise that the quality data sources will require potentially many hundred dollars a month of subscriptions.

Most of the nodes will be on VPS like Amazon AWS and most of the nodes will be owned by corporations, VC'S, not Jow Forums posters. It's just luck that many 4channers are onto this

Ignore all these faggots Jonny, most of them haven't seen a code line in their lives. You alone have added more value to the Chainlink's ecosystem than the fucking entire smartcontract.com team

Almost nobody is going to run a node from their basement. It's be done by VPS to ensure uptime. When the dust settles there will be a 2 step tutorial video that tells you how to sign up for Amazon AWS and do the rest. Linkpool will probably need to adjust their fees accordingly.

But it's dumb to talk about it because mainnet is far away. Maybe another year, who knows

Get a VPS and spend a few hours to learn some basic Unix commands (e.g. coursera.org/learn/unix).

On paper
No one knows if this will work to full extent in the real world.
Their shilling is non existent, no communication with investors
2 man team...
Oracle buzzword is growing and other projects are hopping on at full speed

With these points in mind, 1 dollar eoy tops

just from this post it shows you have no fucking idea on what youll need to run a node.

save your link tokens from penalties.

This is about Casper, but I think it's worth understanding for anyone who is seriously considering staking on a node as some form of income.

warosu.org/biz/thread/S9467040

The Linkpool people have asked for a good cut while presenting very conservative rewards. That's not very attractive but I believe it's a serious approach.

Attached: 279437.jpg (250x203, 5K)

Who do you think the reputation providers be? Will we see established companies doing this?

Penalties come from time outs mainly unless you are providing bad data.

Im not gonna stake in linkpool, gonna wait for a competitor that charges a fair fee, then i'll do it.

Good idea. Instead of making money while you wait for the competition, just sit on your hands.

YO i bought into your crowdsale just to support the LINK but after reading this thread I want my money back.

Refund pls.

What if I create a store of API's that node operators can choose from? Basically you'll have to know how to set up your node but I'll do all the research for you for a small fee. One day I hope to be bigger than the Apple Store.

No refunds nigga, you are getting rich even if you don't want to faggot

Its quite likely that linkpool wont allow you to take your original links at will, that would be too uncertain, the smartcontract will probably have a no 6 month period withdrawal for links originally staked.

These kind of data marketplaces are what are exciting about LINK, and if you look at Sergey's work history (BIG data contacts) what we can likely expect.

ChainLink is the API gateway for smartcontracts. If you work in tech and know digital strategy, you know the implications of this technology

smartcontract.com/link#chainlink
Read all the information there slowly, from the beginning, even if you think it's old news.

Attached: 96276412.jpg (575x523, 58K)

Linkpool is legit and still a valid project
>pic related

Attached: Jonny_is_a_fucking_hero.png (1109x474, 54K)

Ok now what?

No it's not, linkpool is dead in the water. The penalties would be exceedingly rare and no shit Jonny everyone realises they won't be using free vps and that data substrictions will cost money. It will be quite easy to see on the network what data is worth purchasing. Once again Jonny obfuscating the difficulty, I guess he's a good salesman, but just remember it's in his best interest to make it appear far harder than what it is.

Why would you think that? They've communicated the exact opposite. There will be no holding period, and you can remove your link anytime.

You suck at math
>biz 2018

>fudding vps
This kike needs to kys himself

Genuine question. Will you be writing your own custom adapters too? Will all potential node operators be?

Of course not. It's even more hilarious that they ran their own ICO.
>need monee to deploy and maintain our AWS instances hurrrr

If I've understood your idea correctly, I believe you're trying to create something very redundant. If I haven't, good luck with your project and apologies for wasting your time. I do not wish to debate it further.

>25%
KEK

Hell, give me your link and I'll set you up an AWS instance for a 5% cut. Fucking lol.

I'm going to start a LINKSQUAD that will fly out wherever you are and give assistance on setting up the node. After we got it set up we'll offer free support phone service.

This. What the fuck am I reading here
>hurrr is will be hard to secure data hurr muh reputation
Unironically retarded. *decentralized* network of oracles you fuckwit.

I know they probably excluded burgers to not get raped by the SEC but I'm almost 100% sure that even in europe what they're trying to do probably requires some kind of license (money transmitter, custodian) whatever, and the dividend aspect will trigger the european SEC equivalent sooner than this thing gets off the ground

>read the thread
>Jonny getting BTFO left and right

Attached: devilish 1442368722095.jpg (250x250, 15K)

The no communication is part of their business model. There are 17 people on the pivotaltracker ad github who can make commits. Link is far and away the superior product

What the fuck are you doing here, this is a board for retards not people who actually understand what we're investing in

>Decentralized is great, but business knows how to work with business, it makes them feel safe. Do you think they will care about a node penalty payment of a handful of link they get back if your node fucks up, or do you think they just want it to work?

L M A O
I'm not sure if you're the linkpool guy but you just shot yourself in the foot.

If the way Chainlink works is gonna be that big companies only choose their buddies' nodes that they trust. then the tokens are pretty much worthless since it would be based solely on trust and no collateral would be required since businesses trust eachother. Best case scenario they would simply pay eachother in link and dump it on exchanges immediately or not pay anything in tokens because they could make a deal about everything F2F.

If some companies (reputation providers) are to decide which node is good and which are not then it's basicly Oraclize 1.1.

Zero holding period may be too much, likely at least for the duration of the contracts that are in the node. I mean, they probably have some amount reserved in case people want to remove their linkies, but if for some reason a lot of people want to remove a lot of linkies at once then it's possible they aren't always prepared. Then there's probably some waiting period involved. Months? Days? Hours? I don't know, it depends on the contracts and how many people want how much out.

But don't take my word at all, I have no interest in staking with them or alone, maybe their reserve is bigger than what they want to ask from others or they have something cooler so ask them or look at how the contracts return things yourself. I'm just suspicious that you'll be able to remove anytime when they want to take your linkies to use them for something.