Do power cuts happen in first wolrd countries? If yes, for how long and and how often?

Do power cuts happen in first wolrd countries? If yes, for how long and and how often?

Attached: 1535135017300.jpg (700x662, 57K)

kek, good image

Only a few times in my life. Once we had freezing rain for a few days straight and all of the telephone poles snapped in half due to the weight of the ice on them, I think a few people died during the ice storm of '96

Attached: ice storm.jpg (736x552, 46K)

Yes
Depends on what caused it
Depends where you live

I live in a hurricane prone zone, so when we get storms, yes. Although power is usually back on in a couple days, if not a single day.

OP said first world countries, retards

Attached: bait.png (625x626, 63K)

maybe 1 time in 1-3 years
last time i remember it was in 2016

Attached: photo_2018-10-18_21-39-59.jpg (540x411, 26K)

It never happened to me unless they had to do some maintenance or something.
It can happen in some small villages when a storm cut down power lines but that's rare and usually fixed the next day.

Attached: 1540615830166.gif (350x263, 1.99M)

this
i counted maintenances as power cuts

Happened few times when a storm broke power lines and once when a transformer in my street randomly exploded.

there was a period in 2016 where south australia had them but apart from that no, unless its a bad storm or natural disaster

Never happens where I live for any significant period of time. I think the worst one we had was a few hours because of heavy rain.

>a transformer in my street randomly exploded
Just another day in slavland.

He asked about first world

Sometimes but only for either maintenance or some system going fucky.

Everytime theirs a thunderstorm.
Longest ive been whitout power was 5 houres.

t. lives in a cardboard box equipped with a televizion

Never

Spain here
It happens only in the town where my parents live when there's a big storm, never happened in Madrid

Don't recall experiencing any at home in the past 10 years or so

t. lives in an apartment

When I lived in the country there was a controlled outage of 4 hours every 3 years when they inspected the landlines.
I've never experienced it in the town I now live, 3 years ago there was a short outage after a big thunderstorm but it only affected like 1/7th of the town.

happens rarely