The cost of a 51% attack for PoW coins

The cost of a 51% attack for PoW coins.

>Bytecoin
>Bitcoin Private

AHAHAHA. If you're still holding those two, you're retards.

Attached: Saved Image 2018-05-31 at 10.35.43 AM.png (1200x941, 595K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crypto51.app/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who the hell trades coins anymore, get a life like the rest of us

keep posting on biz

>robbing your local pawn shop is much easier than robbing the US gold reserves, therefore pawn shops shouldn't exist
wtf OP, stop making shitposts. I agree that these 2 coins are pointless, but not because of the reason you pointed out. Shitcoins are much easier to attack because they are much less worth the effort to attack/protect in the first place.

Make some actual good content or GTFO of this board.

>because they are much less worth the effort to attack
BCN has $1.2 bln marketcap.

And what do you think will happen to that market cap once it gets 51'd?

Also Dogecoin is looking surprisingly good.

Even 1/10 of it is good enough.

what is the catch here? if it really is that cheap what stops tech savy miners from doublespending them constantly?

The numbers in ops post are shit, dumbass

Because it is not and OP sucks cocks. You really think you can 51% bitcoin for 600k?

Youngsters nowadays, so naive

Attached: 1527360624383.jpg (682x682, 95K)

crypto51.app/

Do you understand what you are reading?
Ask yourself this - in the link you provided, what do these 3 things mean
Theorethical
1 hour cost
Nicehash-able

And after you deliberate for a bit, ask yourself what do you actually know about nicehash?

It seems like I've found a BCN bag holder.

you still can't steal peoples coins with a 51% attack. you only take total control over what transactions make the chain and what transactions don't. that's a power that can only lower the value of your coins if you exercise it.

I dont even know what that shit stands for, fag

a 51% miner can't double spend constantly. the first time their double spend is discovered the other miners raise a shitstorm and someone makes a hardfork like with eth to roll back that chain. most people that don't want to reward scammy miners will go to the fork.

if it would only cost 700k to 51% bitcoin, it would occur every single day.

it doesn't matter because they would have already sent it to an exchange, trade it to something else and withdraw, and the exchange would eat up a loss in that case
if you only make a small double spend it wouldn't have that much of a negative effect on the price

Komodo can secure an arbitrary blockchain against a 51% with dPoW. We did it for Gamecredits and BTCH

oh glorious dogecoin this is why I collect you

If you want to hardfork any time a transaction doesn't suit you, you're just another one of (((them))).

That's what the image implies, but it's not what the site which it's from actually says. It makes the point nicehash doesn't have enough SHA-256 available to 51 either BCH or BTC period, even if you *did* have the money to blow per hour.
In many other cases though the hashrate is right there waiting to be employed, and the cost per hour is quite low.