I was watching some footage of the state funeral procession of Margaret Thatcher from 2013...

I was watching some footage of the state funeral procession of Margaret Thatcher from 2013, and there was a great deal of clapping in the background as the band passed the point of recording.

Is clapping normal at British funerals, or solemn occasions? I found it in poor taste, and otherworldly.

Attached: death march.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ding-Dong!_The_Witch_Is_Dead
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ding-Dong!_The_Witch_Is_Dead
>In 2013, following the death of Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, a social media campaign emerged among anti-Thatcher activists to encourage sales of the song so that it would chart on the UK Singles Chart.[6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14] The song reached number two on the UK Singles Chart and peaked atop the Scottish Singles Chart.[15][16]

Old Maggie wasn't exactly the most loved PM

margret thatcher's policies transformed the british social class, there is no president that is comparable to america for the changes she did to the uk

as I understand it she hacked off the dead limbs of floundering and inefficient state owned industries

woah bongers are such cunts

economically it sounds good to the ears of neo-liberals but it was the livelihood for thousands of people

it seemed their livelihood was artificially propped up

even if you think it is "fake" it is a lot like how ford completely wrecked detroit

poverty is very real

gm*

She was a cunt to indigenous Northern Irish.
t. one.
Loyalists and Nationalists see the storm coming. How Britain is. Let the horde come. They'll have fun dealing with us

moronic libtard zoomers and trade union cocksuckers, that's all.
RIP Maggs, England didnt deserve you

press S to spit
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

would Maggs MAGA?

They were celebrating the fact the cunt was finally dead

This. Northerners and Scots overestimate their own importance because their entire existence revolved around being a giant money sink flogging some dead industry like scraping the coal barrel in expensive deep shafts

You are aware Donald Trump is doing the reverse by working his hardest to re-introduce inefficiƫnt industries such as US manufacturing and coal? Thatcher did the opposite of Trump.

t. Edgy teenage scouser

Your family deserved everything that happened in the 80s

yeh who needs competitive ship building when u got fart apps and five guys

I don't see anything comparable taking place in the United States, if anything his administration is simply calling out the Chinese.

based as fuck

Yeah for being more competetive and destroying the livelihood of Americans

unethical practices aren't the same thing as competition

>Is clapping normal at British funerals, or solemn occasions? I found it in poor taste, and otherworldly.

It's normal at funerals of people like Thatcher.

Attached: FB_IMG_1541285715571.jpg (1280x1432, 135K)

Thatcher was a bad person that caused great harm to country.

The US is hardly any better.

>competitive

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THE FUCKING STATE OF NORTHERNERS

I'm not sure exactly what you think that got'cha retort is supposed to mean or imply.

The difference is that US industry actually turns a profit

Where do you think all the lost industries went?

Anyone who defends Thatcher defends not being able to own a house within their lifetime, aka a serf.

Yeah, because money is made by office guys, not by everyday toil.
Fuck off, I hope Manchester or Liverpool becomes the islands capital.
You CryptoImperialist Londoners are one of the worst types of people in the planet.

why are u pretending u know what ur talking about? uk shipwrights were still bleeding edge until conservatives gutted them other countries eg South korea weren't so stupid

>economic power house of a city with ~12% of the nation's population outmoded by a rusting heap populated with disparate and dwindling tribals

not bloody likely

You're a fucking idiot.

>toiling over a dying industry makes money

This is why you are 420 trillion euros in debt.

b-b-b-but muh mining communities
Sure, we were using incredibly outdated and inefficient deep shaft mining methods on extremely scanty reserves whilst Colombia was exporting coal at 1/3 of the price but THUH TORIESSSSSSSSS

its obvious u dont have a clue thats why u resort to insults and deflection,

>MUH MINES MUH TORIES

Yeah, i'm only arguing on your level

Uh yes they are

Good to see that even in death she still angers commies

damn those trade unions....

Commie detected