Is the cost of living high in your country?

Is the cost of living high in your country?
pic related

Attached: 1515413767405.jpg (1363x765, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rothira.com/roth-ira-rules
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>$300 for coffee a month

Attached: Goku.Kai.084.png (1280x720, 603K)

They seem to be awful with budgeting. I live by myself and make 2k a month and after everything on a good month I end up with 750 to save

>$350 to eat out a month
Isn't that a lot. Why not just eat at home?

>wh*toids

Attached: Screenshot_20181108-201247_Instagram.jpg (1080x1080, 334K)

>300 dollars of coffee a month
What the fuck
I thought spending 8-12 dollars on a new bag every few weeks was bad

>on a new bag
>implying they don't just go to starbucks for their coffee

Attached: 1499052218278.jpg (480x480, 15K)

No
>mfw I only spend 110$ bucks a month

Attached: ppppppppppppppp.png (914x610, 112K)

>300 for coffee
>350 for eating out
Just do it either rarely or not at all, you can make your own food and coffee.
>gas
Car is also not obligatory, but do they live in a van or not? What are they pay bills then?

Attached: 1540286493723.gif (360x270, 3.41M)

in my region it's very expensive ~500EUR just to stay alive, but generally Russia is very cheap for us, Far-Easterners.

This is actually making me mad

how dare you

that's not unreasonable honestly
the coffee thing is insane though

>What are they pay bills then?
*What do they pay bills for then?

It kind of is. Just don't eat out.

she won't like that

Attached: 1524452225355.jpg (960x947, 53K)

Where I live (NYC) yes but on other areas it's not.

>Just don't eat out.
what's wrong with eating out?
give me a reason that isn't some mindless tradcuck spiel
some people like to eat at restaurants

Looks like they are van people. No clue what their bills are besides car insurance and cell phones.

I could probably live off 600 a month in my state. Would be very austere but doable

>$300 in coffee a month

they're gurantee'd getting their coffee from over priced popular shops like starbucks.

theres no way this is for real

because it's expensive

How do they shower?

Attached: uunnngggpphhffff.jpg (349x375, 30K)

Not at all, but salaries are fucking a joke, so it ends up being more expensive than the US and Europe, proportionally speaking.

This right here. They spend almost as much on coffee as they do on groceries. What the hell.

here total bills are like

>600 rent
>150 food
>120 utilities

So about 870lv/mo ~ 440euro/mo to live

Attached: 1512376096096.jpg (900x1218, 164K)

>eating out

there's the problem

they could be ordering food somewhere twice a day with $350, even between them, slash that habit

I expect they're also purchasing name brand food items when they get their groceries, shameful. You can get Chiquita bananas for 27 cents a pound if you follow store sales! Markets print their sales for the month, that's a really great way of finding bargains! like 89 cents a pound on hamburger, you might think that's low, and it is, but I've purchased it at that price, keep your eyes open, opportunities to save yourself money are everywhere!

And that coffee usage is off the wall! buy some boxes of tea, it will last you ages, it's cheaper, and you can reuse the bag for at least one more cup!

Gas is the worst, living in a location with several states in easy range of your vehicle is a plus in that you can compare prices and there will be at various times significant difference to the tune of say 50 cents per gallon in one state versus another. So that's another way of getting the best deal for yourself.

If you're budget is getting fucked eating out should literally be the first thing to be stopped.

300 dollars worth of coffee is reasonable compared to eating out desu

>300 dollars worth of coffee is reasonable compared to eating out desu
No it isn't.

My expenses are 450 on rent, 180 on bills, 250 on groceries and probably close to 300 on ordering food (I can cook but I'm too lazy to do it so every other day I order food). I walk to college so no gas or bus money.
Values are in reais (1 dollar is almost 4 reais) and rent and bills are after splitting with my roomie.

You should always extrapolate monthly expenses out into the long term so you can really see the impact
>4000 a year for coffee and eating out each
>cutting out both nets you 80K over a decade
>assuming you work for 4 decades cutting out both saves you over 300k dollars towards retirement
B-but muh fancy food

Income: $3500
>Electricity/water/gas: $200
>Phone: $80
>gas: $80
>food: $220
>Mortgage: $1240

Overhead: $1720
Money Saved: $1680

what's that story about the grasshopper and the ants? how'd that end again? :^)

I forgot Internet which is $95

North American towns and cities practically require you to get around by car. Usually, places that have decent transit or can actually be navigated by foot are also expensive places to live.

I still live with my parents so i dunno. I save about 2000€ a month if i count my bonuses and expenses.

Attached: 1399467532174.gif (250x251, 999K)

You still have buses, i don't have a car either and in russia it's also required. Also, how the fuck do you gonna buy a car if you didn't work for at least 5 years, depending on a job? Everybody in america seems to have cars, even the youngest folk, is it expected for parents to buy cars for children?

you dont have medical insurance?

Used cars are pretty cheap.

they go into debt/ every single american who posts on this board on average is 100k in debt

How cheap? What cars? 70s ford pickup trucks?

Based. Planning to live with mom till I can buy a house with cash. Hoping to move out before the end of next year.

Medical insurance is provided by my employer

Depends but no they can be from the 2000s or even early 2010s and be around 1000-3000 dollars. Some people just want to get rid of it.

Depends on where you live.

>Portland OR
>Make ~$2200/mo after taxes
>Extra $1200/mo from people paying me rent
>contribute relatively heavily into 401k

>mortgage is $1400/mo
>~$200/mo groceries
>~$150/mo gas
>spend shitloads eating out and doing random stuff

All in all I still manage to save every month, but I'll admit I'm not really trying too hard. Thanks for reading my boomerblog.

scary. so if you get fired or quit your job or stop working you are on your own?

110k miles, runs

Attached: craigslist cheapo.png (627x515, 540K)

no those would probably more expensive.

Yeah, but I won't get fired, i plan on retiring from this job.

>300$ a month is wasted coffee
>350$ more is wasted on eating out
These retards spend over 7k dolalrs a year on things they could easily live without

>runs
i know a thing or two about high mileage used cars and that thing is going to cost you 5x that in a year on maintenance
and if you retire from the job will the job still pay your medical insurance? what happens when you get cancer at 66 but no one will insure you because old/prexisting? medicare does not cover serious stuff like chemotherapy and all the doctors right

Attached: 1518748208843.gif (500x357, 358K)

One thing i like about America is that housing is cheap in some places, here if i want to live cheap i gotta go live with shitskins or close to the french border with a lot more burglaries. Shits fucked. living about 10 mins from my workplace is 250k+ for something decent.

only cheap housing in america is near shitskins in ghettos or 150kms away from places of work living in a soul crushing mcmansion. buying a good place in the city in the US even smaller cities cost as much as it does in western europe

>earning 4000 dollars a month
>live in a fucking van
>but eat out for 350 dollars
>300 dollars for coffee, essentially spending as much on liquid Starbucks takeaway diarrhea as they do on gas
>they have more than a grand left yet they still live in a fucking van
At least buy yourself an RV you trailer park trash.

110k miles is nothing dude, my ford focus has 270k miles. I've dumped a good amount of cash into it though, probably 2-3k.

how much would you say you save, or would be willing to save towards a roth IRA? rothira.com/roth-ira-rules

I keep my medical until I die.
This is incorrect.

>Sorry, this website is not available in your region
>tfw not in the land of the FREE

Attached: ௵.jpg (372x260, 21K)

you have put far more than 2-3k on 270k miles in the form of oil, brakes, rotations, tires, spark plugs, filters, so on. cars are expensive investments. americans underestimate how much theyre forced to spend because in the early 19s capatalists decided to destroy their urban planing to force cars on every american
1/ i guess youre military because no private institution offers that
2/ no it isn't. american urban planing is the worst in the western world hands down

you wouldn't be able to set one up anyway, it's only for americans

Take away the stupid shit and it shows how cheap America is too live in.

You underestimate how shitty North American transit can be. For Toronto, it's can be anywhere from $15 to $24 for a two way trip to commute from the suburbs, and that's a low estimate. Monthly pass for the TTC (which does not cover the entire region's transit) runs you about $145 a month. And this is on top of the general delays and the occasional disgustingness of public transit.

1. I work for the government
2. most cities don't have all of your services in one place so a car is needed anyways.

Post the actual video.

>Coffee - $300
The fuck? Do they only drink fresh beans straight from a cat's anus?

Attached: 1516388584927.jpg (400x400, 24K)

question: How would you go from Toronto to another place outside the city about 300km's north in January if you don't have a car? Also what would the expense be?

ye mil/gov same thing. always enjoyed that hypocrisy in americas healthcare. your cities are very badly planned and little is given to the public transport since your services just sprawl out to take advantage of cheaper land prices instead of concentrating around public transport. bad urban planing

there are intercity bus companies you know

Maintenance since I bought the car with 195k miles:
>sparkplugs: $80
>Oil: probably $2-300, I change my own oil
>change my own brakes, $120
>air filters: probably $100, they're like 15 bucks
>tires: $800
Maintenance: ~$1500

This excludes the things that I had to replace, A control arm, two wheel bearings, front CV axle, and an ignition coilpack. So another $1500

That totals to around 3k

Why is it like that? And our suburban area (which is basically edge of town) also doesn't have great transport, but in overall city it's okay, except msot of being van kinda buses that were not made to transport people, they are always overloaded, the driver is usually some armenian/azeri or central asian shit who doesn;t care about how he drives, etc.

~25 oil changes including changing the oil filter and disposing of the oil legally has only cost you 200USD? math seems off. i looked at prices of brake pads in the US, either your rotors are warped or engine break a lot.

There is no hypocrisy there, Healthcare isn't mandated, it's up to the employer. The gov provides healthcare to it's workers because it's a good incentive to work for the government, same with pensions.

1 starbuck drink * 2 people * 5 dollars per drink * 30 days a month = 300 dollars a month on coffee

the govt gives these amazing benefits because its not beholden to capitalistic ideas and is free to use the tax payers money lavishly on its own while allowing the general citizenship to languish. bulgaria is well versed in this method of leadership

not for the destination im looking for

Do your cars need yearly testing to see if you can continue driving it on the road?

That's simply not true

I keep all of my oil in jugs, and I change every 6 months or 20k miles. I drive a 1.4 liter so it doesn't take much. Brakes might've been more but you get the idea.

vehicles are inspected annually in the united states, yes, the requirements naturally vary by state

The private sector offers tons of benefits too.

expect foreigners on Jow Forums to vomit a lot of things that aren't true about America

post inexpensive housing located within the bounds of a city close to healthcare, groceries, labor, parks, and public transport.
ye small engine cars are much more reliable. and cost less to maintain. surprised you have no had severe electronic issues after 270k miles though.
same stats do not require inspection (e.x., Florida)
all depending on the good will of your owner

Coffee here is 1 real a cup, kek. A quarter of a dollar.

Only emissions in my state, and cars 25 years old or older are exempt.

yeah, that's kind of exactly what my post already said, vehicle inspection varies by state

mine is annual

People are free to choose where they want to work, if they want benefits then they better work for somebody that provides them.

no it isn't at all waht you saiod
>vehicles are inspected annually in the united states, yes
implies all states do inspections. they di not.

you don't know how to read buddy

Yeah but you guys have different traditions for coffee while ours is often less intense and in larger cups.

>People are free to choose where they want to work
what a retarded thing to say. step down from your ivory tower tax thief.
>vehicles
cars
>are
are
>inspected
to inspect
>yearly
once per year
>in the united states
in the states of america
>yes
Indeed
yea, you're right reddit bro. i need to learn how to read.

>post inexpensive housing located within the bounds of a city close to healthcare, groceries, labor, parks, and public transport.
Get on Zillow and look at a map of the US. Set the price range of homes from 20k-60k or whatever you personally believe is the highest price you would still consider inexpensive and look around. There are plenty of areas in the US where you are correct. But by and large you can find remarkably cheap homes in or near areas with those requirements all over.

I'd say it's clear you actually do

>But by and large you can find remarkably cheap homes in or near areas with those requirements all over.
Then it should be trivial for you to find a single example. I'll wait. no worries.
Just admit you were wrong stop tripling down you americans need to learn humility. better now than when you're mowing jose's lawn

>Only emissions in my state
wew, here if you get a second hand car you need to go test it every year(Cars older than 5 years). They test EVERYTHING, doors open or close, saftey features, bodywork, front light positions, wheel brake/ allingment, emissions, they check for rust, etc.cars older than 25 only need checks every 5 years since they are by law not allowed to be used for work/living. Only freetime. Because people said fuck that law now they need the yearly testing again.

I have no reason to when I'm not in the wrong.

pathetic
a common occurnce in america is the uninsured motorist. a man who no insurance rams you at 120km/h and has no insurance. so he cant pay your medicl bills. but your insurance wont either because america. so you're left 300k in debt lmao. americans are the scum of planet earth

you're that autist from the other day aren't you? I never forget a writing style

stop spacing your posts liek a faggot you fresh from reddit wannabe tripfag

ha! knew it was you! you really are a dumb cunt though, work on that buddy!