Doing my masters in chemical engineering this year, and was considering moving to Chile when I finish it...

Doing my masters in chemical engineering this year, and was considering moving to Chile when I finish it. Anybody from Chile possibly Santiago active right now? What is life like down there and how well would I be recieved as a foreigner?

Attached: AAA50820-DE4C-4E48-A41D-DC0A34C027F4.jpg (820x492, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

expatarrivals.com/americas/chile/working-chile
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

everyone listens to reggaeton and you will be forced to do it

If thats the price I have to pay

Yeah but why?
Also, do you speak spanish?

Because I am very unhappy with my current cunt., and chile seems like a nice place though I am trying to gather more info. No, I don’t really have the time to study it but I am more then willing to take a one year course in spanish before moving

Brown reggaeton shithole

Theres no upside to leaving europe for a faraway shithole like this, unless you want to score brown pussy

If hoy dont speak spanish dont even consider it

If you have some basic Spanish skills to start with, how is Chile for foreigners?

>chileans
>speaking spanish
wena

Nobody here speaks english, even most anons that you see posting here can right it fluently but cant speak it, your life will be difficult without the language

>he' in it for some brown boi pucci

Why build those ugly skyscrapers and glass boxes everywhere ffs

Lack of space

>I am very unhappy with my current cunt

I think the problem is within yourself m8. The country is not bad for foreigners, specially for europeans, but c'mon, why'd you want to come if you already live in the best continent in the world

If you came here to work in your field you should not have many problems, knowing at least basic Spanish will help you though, most professionals should know basic English too so that can help you.
You are European so you will not be discriminated unlike the other immigrants we get.

expatarrivals.com/americas/chile/working-chile

You could always come to Iceland and help Communist rebels make bombs, lots of money in it for you.

Attached: 1510310217631.jpg (800x535, 49K)

there's literally no point on doing that

Would a 1 year course to learn basic spanish help me in day to day living? I don’t need to speak it perfect just to do all the basic activities.
Grass is always greener on the other side. Trust me Europe in general especially my cunt is horrible. I live in one of the most corrupt countries with minimal chance of finding a job in my field when I finish uni and also being taxed the most in the EU after Denmark yet nothing works how it should. Also I heard it’s sunny down there.

I picked Chile since I heard it’s the most stable of the Latin countries

> I live in one of the most corrupt countries with minimal chance of finding a job in my field when I finish uni
So why would you move to Chile?
lol

Is it really that bad? Is the rntier continent of South America just one giant toilet?

mmmm yeah, whole planet is like this

btw all engineering jobs are in the north, at the mines
if you find the Antofagasta guy he might tell you how are the living conditions over there (AFAIK they aren't bad, but yeah spanish is a must)

This, its the same with our cities like NYC (its metro area), Chicago, etc. All the good real estate has to build up.

Yeah, Chile anons, tell us why people should not immigrate to your cunt. I am a software engineer and thinking about moving there too. I'm working remotely, so I just want to enjoy climate, nature and lack of sjw.

>lack of sjw
LOL
it's not that we don't want you to come, it's that we don't want you to have false expectations about us
look at what happened with haitians

we are way too overhyped on places like this and r*ddit

I know but I truly believe I have more chances to start a decent life in an up and coming market like Chile’s since I have heard only good things of doing and starting business there

Antofagasta is the most nasty and ugly city in Chile. Maybe Calama is worse, though. They are full of immigrants and degerate mineworkers

Shieeeeet. There is no haven for poor slavs ;_;

If you look white, are a professional, and speak Spanish decently you will be loved here, at least in Santiago. But things are not as pretty as people say. Anyways, as a Chilean, I'm very satisfied with my life here, it could be better, but I can deny it is better than most people in Latin America, and even some people in USA.

Alright thanks for the honest answer.
Guess I should start studying spanish immedietly, funny since most sites about chile immigration say the country understands english well

This

>studying chemical engineering
Why? It's a fucking racket, every company wants experience even with a masters and there's no way to get experience because the cost to get started is unreasonably high

Why not just go to western Europe? You're in the EU now.

and for nobody

yeah well, they're miners

but as a chemical engineer, what jobs would he find at the capital?

He could be a narco

Most of the non-mineral industry is located around Santiago

>most sites about chile immigration say the country understands english well

sure, but for turistic purposes mostly