How did your family get out of poverty

My paternal 's family by all account were illiterate farmers and laborers for hundreds of years with nothing but a small patch of land to their name
so my grandfather at the age of 14 joined the Royal Navy as a Boy seaman
he stayed,studied and worked hard to reach the rank of Lt. Commander(not a practically high rank but still something)
my father too Joined the Navy as a cadet and retired a couple years ago with the Rank of Captain and my uncle is currently a major in the Army
My family is not incredibly rich of anything but compared to my other relatives we are much better of

Attached: attkk2.jpg (952x580, 226K)

You are very rich. Asalamaleikum

wow

My grandfather was a priest and other one was a mechanic.
My father was the first one to get a bachelor's and a master's degree so we owe it to him.

ohno, we got poor
grandparents on both sides were either rich but middle class minimum
my father and mother wasted everything and they also divorced, thanks retards

Raising your social status by joining the army is typical for third world authoritarian countries and the US.

I dunno lol. Both sides of my family have always been at least middle class.

We were always lower-middle class. But my parents lived very frugally and I'm the only son so I'm actually quite well off personally as I inherited their property + they gave me quite a lot of money.

>thanks retards
kek how can you talk about your parents like that

My mom was already middle class because her grandparents were successful farmers. My dad was in a pinch because my grandma ended up single and with schizophrenia before he was born. He started working at 13 and joined the muhreens. Fast forward to today and he's been a member of the postal service for a few decades.

Scholarships. Lots of scholarships. My country spend more on scholarship than on bullets and bombs.

we have been farmers for a very long time, but the post war economic boom made our land very valuable

Dad was working at a government run research facility and then government policy aided him start his own business. I guess you need education first and foremost and you need to know when to seize opportunity at the right moment.

My great grandfather on my mother's side started growing peanuts. We're now the biggest peanut producers in north America.

Dad started a business with his mate while in med school. By the time he graduated he was making way more money than any doctor would hope to make.

Not sure if my family's ever been poor, maybe the ulster scots on my grandpa's side, in which case he made good money working as a chemist for dow chemical, helping to develop agent orange and other goodies

My family's never been impoverished as far as I know. From the time of their arrival on this continent in the 17th century to now. As a regicide I suppose life might have had a rocky start fleeing here, but politicians, doctors, industrialists, all that sort came out of it. My immediate family was middle class, all uni graduated. I'm the only generation not to be in the service to some capacity,

My great grandmother lived in poverty after the death of her husband and she even lived for sometime in a mountain with her kids.
My grandfather was raised in an orphanage and he used to work as a cars mechanic when he was a teen. He completed his education and moved to Saudi Arabia where he worked as a teacher. My dad and my uncles all received good education.
My mother's family on the other hand has been always rich.

my family got robbed by communists lol

Chinese immigrants 25 years old opened a Chinese restaurant, sold it after 10 years, buy one apartment , sold it after 2 years, buy 2 apartments, rented them, then asked bank to help them invest in 5 other houses for renting. Retired at 40 year old.

literally a plot for a Sheikh Chilli story

Fucking subsidie leech.

What do your parents do now that they are retired? My workaholic dad recently retired as well and I think he's anxious af

>escaped
I am a direct male descendant of holy roman emperor Maximilian I. It's been downhill from there ever since. Just look at my fucking flag.

Attached: fd49204ccc3ad83cc4e1434d514a9aa7.jpg (600x434, 40K)

Inspiring story.
My family's been upper middle class for as far back as the records go, so I don't have anything like that to tell.

My dad is a doctor and pretty much a pathological workaholic. He's retiring in a few years and I'm a bit worried. Retirement can be terrible for men like that.

what do you call ppl who had everything laid out for them and waste everything

Traveling.

My family owned shitloads of land, commies came and took everything

according to my Grandfather and his family were direct line descendants of some Sikh military nobility

boy seaman

Incredible luck, connections, self-confidence and charm. My father barely passed high-school, but went from a janitor to a senior trade advisor. He's a complete slovenly asshole at home, but he could charm money from Scrooge, always coming back from trade trips with millions in contracts.

Direct paternal line?

Mom's side was middle class since forever.
Dad's side was dirt poor peasants turned somewhat rich through emigration turned dirt poor peasants again through the wonders of communism. Eventually they moved up to middle class through education and good job choices.
But frankly the biggest contributor is having few siblings on both sides of the family. Pretty much only either 1 or 2 kids per generation.

Idk, our country just got much more developed and the srtandard of living rised a lot.

Great great great granddad got a free one way package ticket to Australia from the local magistrate
By the time he died in his late 90s he was registered as a "gentleman"

Grandpa (dad’s side) got a job in airport security and got into the middle class which allowed my dad to escape country Liverpool. My grandad (mum’s side) escaped Czechoslovakia as a kid with the family jewels, fled to Austria, learnt English, and then got to Australia to work on the snowy mountain project.

My family left the soviet union and returned to the home of our ancestors. My father got a job and build a nice house for basically nothing since he and my massive amount of relatives build it themselves. He only hired a company for the foundation. A lot of my family works in construction. He paid only 18000'€ Cant really do that now. We are now comfy middle class.

>and the US

Dad did time after the war, stole and confiscated a lot of shit, including the house i own now.
Moms family before they got married was an ordinary muslim/commie family, they didnt have much but it was enough, very humble people.
Dad was a hoodlum, a serb no less, lived alone since he was 16, didnt want to live with his parents, they were also not too poor, but he hated living with them for some reason.
I dont know what my mom saw in him but they had 3 kids before the war started, i was 4th.
Mom lost her job because she had a muslim name in this side, dad took matters into his own hands moved her parents out of the country safely, her other family members as well, guarded their property and kicked out all the croatians out of our street so they dont get butchered. Called in his cousins to occupy the homes and even had skirmishes with the military police faggots that went around doing what they please, they got their ass handed to them, one got shot in the ass, the other got his hand cut off and they were robbed of their transporter, fuel, weapons, clothes and everything.
If my dad wasnt serving under Mladic, there would be retribution, but nobody had the balls to go near our street. Then he got in contact with his Bulgarian 'friends' and managed to smuggle a fuel cistern into the country, made a fortune. Then the moms side of the family that was now in Austria sent over tobacco, then more fortune was made.
By the end of the war, we had 4 cars, a truck and generators for the entire street.
The money quickly got converted to the right currency and 2 houses were upgraded.
Mom went back to work, dad went to sell off all the shell casings of all sizes, copper brass, everything, sold half to the muslim side because they were paying fair, then went back to work disassembling mysterious brand new cars from Serbia.
He went to prison for 6 years and we sold one of the houses, cars, paid for great lawyers, some money went to the village house for plumbing and stuff