Unversityletugal

>unversityletugal

Attached: 1541859607107.jpg (1061x1028, 96K)

portugal has 1 (one) top 500 university :^)

The univseries of Porto,Lisbon and Coimbra are better than all those overrated anglo-biased,liberalturd ass shit universities in uk and scandinavia

>top 500 unis
stupid anglo ratings based on "muh publications"

this map is a meme. we have 4 or 5 in top 500

1, actually. Not that it matters, it's way too focused on the English model anyway.

Our best universities are dragged down by irrelevant faculties, so only IST can rise above the rest for being a speciality one.

feup was above ist

based. fuck anglo rankings

I was talking by memory, I didn't fact-check.

But wouldn't UP be the candidate, not FEUP?

Lmao every single thread there's JFs moaning about muh anglo ratings. I've NEVER seen an alternate ranking, maybe foreign universities really aren't as good?? Why are you literally incapable of believing that we can be good at anything, noones ever heard of non anglo countries universities for a reason

Maybe "foreign" universities focus on something else than attention whoring or shekel grabbin.

this

>Greece: 1
>Iceland: 2
INVENTED YUROP
FATHER OF CIVILISATION

Attached: IMG_7625.png (780x620, 18K)

>oh yeah boy let's just make a list of the best 500 random universities we can find around the world
if I'm not wrong this list is about universities that mostly use the English language or something like that, I've read that somewhere here

Attached: 1j8cg2havkd01.png (645x729, 58K)

not correct

Attached: 07f2b301-11a4-430c-bc47-3d715b0d552d[1].png (994x133, 5K)

Based

Can you explain what that "something else" is? Because I don't see students from across the world shelling out thousands upon thousands of euros to study at the University of Helsinki.

>B-But muh shekels ;____;
It sounds like you don't understand how economics works and just hate the idea of private education out of principle, even if the facts show it's objectively better.

yes, it's the UP

UC would have no chance. FCTUC, FMUC and FDUC are alright but crumbling, but all the other ones are meme-tier bad. FLUC itself is an embarrassment.

The Slovenian posted the chart in the other thread. 15% of the score comes only from reputation, another like 5% comes from diversity and other shit.
This is a garbage ranking.

>number of top 500 liberal studies genderqueer correct pronoun race-adjusted GPA score Soros-funded universities by country

How come Norway has less than Finland? Can't they buy more with their oil money?

>15% of the score comes only from reputation
Yeah, so? You do realize the only reason tertiary education is even valued in the first place is because it leads to better job opportunities, right? And that having a degree from an institution with a good reputation automatically means your degree is worth more in the eyes of prospective employers?

>another like 5% comes from diversity and other shit.
Admittedly that's pure bullshit, but I can't find any rankings that ignore this SJW niggery.

TURKEY BEATS GAYREECE ONCE AGAIN
YEAH SUCK IT

>Finland
>Population 5mln people (Finns)
>7 Unis in top

>Russia
>Population 145mln people (pidorashkas)
>8 unis
Why do we still exists?

>poland
lmao

>Why do we still exists?
Because your dictatorship is propped up by stripping the country of its natural resources and selling it to the highest bidder.

That is a very logical to me. You have resources - you sell it. Why cant we sell intellectual resources then?

It should be based on only objective things. Like the available equipment, the professor quality, how many papers the university releases per year, the available budget, etc.

basedly redpilled

>8
So all of them I guess

>It should be based on only objective things
Why should reputation be ignored? Like I explained, the primary reason people are willing to shell out money for a university degree is to get a better job. The reputation of the university helps with that to a very significant degree. Even in Romania, try sending out two job applications. Same degree, same grades, same job experience, but one has a degree from Harvard and the other from some Romanian meme university. Which are employers more interested in, according to you?

>Like the available equipment, the professor quality, how many papers the university releases per year, the available budget, etc.
Even if that were to happen, I doubt it would change a lot. It's not as if suddenly Swedish universities would top the list and the Ivy League would be at the bottom. Reputation generally comes from the fact that a university consistently hires top tier professors (due to actually having a budget that allows this) and providing high quality education.

abroad they rank humanities high, so even if our uni are shitty and spend their days parroting whatever is popular in their circles, they still get good ranks.

Our problem is that we don't have the funds to have good science and engineering departments. Here in FCUP we have some nice things, but many of the "toys" come from the workshop, because there is no money to buy them from legit companies.

What I've heard from coimbra is that you have a respectable theoretical physcis and chemistry department.

Our CS department, while being almost completely shit, has a handful of legitimate world-tier scientists. For working with them I have a 5 erdös number or something.

Physics and Chemistry are also pretty good, and so is Biomedics/Medicine related stuff, I think, but they're not terribly well funded.

The biggest issue is the fact that Aveiro became reasonably good in the past 15 years and we stopped having the best of the whole Beiras region, we have to share it with Aveiro, and since the number of places wasn't reduced, a lot of the students are shit. They should cut a ton to keep it competitive and interesting, since we don't have the population pool we used to.

Reputation is done mostly through marketing, not necessarily performance. It should have anything to do with a ranking system.
And I'm not saying my country is some hidden gem or anything, just that this ranking is based mostly on Western circlejerking.
According to this ranking, the US is the country with the most high-ranking universities, whereas their education system is complete shit and they're barely top 50 worldwide in international competitions and performance.

The top universities here have merged and have much more students than the top Finnish universities, so the number or students in a top university are pretty much the same per capita in Norway and Finland.

Attached: unis.png (952x4739, 487K)

>Cuckiversity
who cares?

How do you link univiersities to cuckoldry?