What did your ancestors do during ww2?

what did your ancestors do during ww2?

Attached: 17-weird-world-war-two.jpg (900x892, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Léo_Major#The_Netherlands_summer_1944
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_mistreatment_of_Soviet_prisoners_of_war
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger_(dog)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

waging some flags

literally killed Italians and Germans

great grandfather was in the navy and his wife ran away and left him with 3 kids

Attached: 0.jpg (321x917, 179K)

One operated radar on a destroyer in the Pacific, one fought in North Africa and Italy, the last starved to death in Japanese POW camp.

Killed japs in the Philippines

My grandfather actually was at Pearl Harbor. And fought in Midway

Grandad POW
Grandma Nurse

Tut annoyingly at all this annoying war busines presumably.

Gave information to the Germans while living in Belfast

So brave to join in the end.

played the bagpipes

They lived in a tenement house and worked some jobs. They said the Germans didn't do anything once the invasion started and were actually friendly even though my family has visible Jewish features.

Attached: łódź.jpg (656x381, 78K)

One fought in Africa and was captured by the Americans. He was sent to a POW camp in the US and had to work on a farm in the midwest. He actually kinda liked it there and wanted to become a rancher himself after the war, but they didn't let him and sent him back to Europe after the war ended.

Great things
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Léo_Major#The_Netherlands_summer_1944

killing krautniggers

Attached: 364.jpg (2000x1472, 515K)

Why did he like it there? I've heard a few accounts of POWs kind of enjoying their internment in America.

Attached: major pow camps in america.png (500x350, 604K)

My grandpa was a fry cook
He made the best pancakes in the Navy they say

Great grandpa was an American Tank Sgt. Had 3 tanks under his command. Participated in the liberation of North Africa, and then Italy. Somewhere around Rome he was offered a new tank which he declined, and then went to another tank under his command; the new tank was blown the fuck up in battle with no survivors, good thing my Great grandpa stuck with his old one. He also brought back a Nazi flag and an Iron Cross that he ripped off a dead Kraut, pretty based desu

based

Printed anti-nazi flyers during the occupation
Then spent a year in various kz camps until the end of the war

Went to war, caught gout, then went back home, died a few years later.

Attached: 1535826718184.png (388x362, 104K)

Killed Japs and then got sent to an already liberated part of Yurop to chill.

Both of my granddads were on the Eastern front and both of them drank themselves to death before I was born

>I've heard a few accounts of POWs kind of enjoying their internment in America.

they all wanted to be captured by Americans, the alternative would have been working in a Gulag in Siberia

My grandfather was an NCO in the 83rd Infantry division. He won the Silver star, 2 Bronze Stars, and 3 Purple hearts. Never talked about his time in the war and would wake up in the night sobbing after seeing the faces of the men he killed during the war

Live in shelters.

Do you realize the alternative? Majority of German POWs in Soviet hands did not survive.

Killed russians, killed germans, was POW in Poland, came back, killed lithuanians. He really didnt't like people telling him what to do.

600.000 got surrounded in Stalingrad
90.000 were captured
5.000 made it home
That's 100.000 more than the total American deaths

Très basé

Also, the US economy and standard of living were probably quite a bit better than that of Germany between world wars.

Lucky he never had to see the communist domination of western politics.

I'm aware of that.
Was curious as to why someone would enjoy being interned enough to want to stay.
Makes sense.

From what I've been told, being so far away from Europe and with no realistic chance to run anywhere they weren't guarded especially well and as long as they showed up for work every day and reported back to their camp in the evening noone saw much reason to keep them on a short leash, so they had a bit of personal freedom, considering their situation. The farm owner was nice too and brought them some beer occasionally. He also enjoyed the farm work.

Guess a simple life is very comfy if you're coming straight from a war.

Thanks user

he died in 1972, just in time to watch the start of the decline

I talked to a German pow a number of years ago. He was held in a camp in Oklahoma if I remember right. Anyway, he said he was treated very badly. Who knows. If you watch the documentaries, pows were treated like royalty in the USA.

same
>During World War II, Nazi Germany engaged in a policy of deliberate maltreatment of Soviet prisoners of war (POWs), in contrast to their treatment of British and American POWs. This resulted in some 3.3 to 3.5 million deaths.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_mistreatment_of_Soviet_prisoners_of_war

good

They were eating peyote in the sierra not giving a fuck

Had a sniffer dog called Nigger en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger_(dog)

Nothing, I had no ancestors that contributed militarily during WWII so far as I know

One of the most based stories. Tell us more.

profit of retards killing each other