Lusotropicalism or Luso-tropicalism was first used by Brazilian sociologist Gilberto Freyre to describe the distinctive...

>Lusotropicalism or Luso-tropicalism was first used by Brazilian sociologist Gilberto Freyre to describe the distinctive character of Portuguese imperialism overseas, proposing that the Portuguese were better colonizers than other European nations.

>It was theorized that because of Portugal's warmer climate, and having been inhabited by Celts, Romans, Visigoths, Moors and several other peoples in pre-modern times, the Portuguese were more humane, friendly, and adaptable to other climates and cultures.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusotropicalism

Attached: 923DE629-18F1-486B-A97A-55337BB19725.jpg (699x485, 69K)

1. Trade not conquest like spain
2. Plantations not Rare Minerals like spain
3. Privateering Brazil instead of autistic spanish viceroys.
4. Fewer natives unlike spain
5. Eventually sent their empire overseas unlike spain

>Fewer natives
lol whut

genociding them to the point of having to import africans counts as less natives, i guess

Relative to peru and mexico brazil had fewer natives

Also yes

they'd trade lands for mirrors. how's that fair

Despite having a much smaller population than Spain, more Portuguese moved to Brazil than Spanish moved to all of their colonies combined. In fact, they sent more people here than the British sent to North America.

Different mentality mostly

We never genocided,they were just not labour ready

WHY people prentend that Brasil was the jewel of Portuguese empire? Goa, Diu, Ceylon, Hormuz, Mallaca, Macau, Nagazaki, Sofala, Zulo empire, The deafeat of mamluks and ottomans combine etc..
Brasil was nothing.

Because Brazil is their only relevent former colony nowadays

God bless the day that empire felt, i'm not saying our achievements around the world wwre not great, i'm saying, Portugal is an european country, not a multiracial empire.

And what is France's most relevant colony?Congi?

that's not the point

How does this explain Spain though?

Wrong, portuguese empire forbidden enslave native americans, thats why they started to enslave africans instead. They basically disappeared because of mixing(only white men usually came him in the colonial times, so they fucked indians and africans instead). Also, some party died from diseases like in spanish colonies. Another thing, in brazil, only people who lives in tribes in the middle of the jungle are counted as native americans, those who move to cities usually are counted as pardo.

Angola, Macau, Goa are still relevent even if only in a regional level.
You can find portuguese chinks in every important city in Asia and people only care about Brasil as if theyre Asian Conquest wasnt much more unique.

Neither Macau nor Goa even speak Portuguese anymore. As for Angola, although Portuguese is the official language, less than half of the population speaks it.

bc brazil is huge while all these territories are small
also it wasnt really a conquest more a discovery

Not their fault natives are retarded.
The Rainforest isn't important, just the shore around it and the highlands which had few natives
>genocide
Not their fault the natives immune systems were so shit.

Attached: HartfordPolice.png (500x610, 139K)

Mallaca, Goa, Hormuz etc was cheer Conquest.
Mallaca and Goa had more artilary then Afonso Albuquerque did. Im not sayng Brazil hasny earn its rightof the spotlight buy the Asian/Africa empire was were the magic happen. I mean defence of Diu? Thats the stuff of legends.
Macau still has Portuguese as offical language and you can use it on government stuff, thr state of India was raped and degraded by poos.
There are millions of people in Asia that still speak a dialect of portuguese origin, Japan was United thanks to the Portuguese etc etc

>Portugeuse "Crown Jewl": Brazil
>Spain "Crown Jewl": Latin America
>French "Crown Jewl": Algeria(west africa on the whole realistically)
>British "Crown Jewl": India
>Dutch "Crown Jewl": Indonesia
>Belgian "Crown Jewl": Congo
>German "Crown Jewl": Tanganikya
How did they all turn out to be so shit??

not a discovery in the slightest

they were just massive plantations really not whole administrative units of their own

>be native american
>never seen a mirror in your life
>consider that to be the most valuable thing you've ever seen ever
Capitalism, the value of something is only worth as much as people make it. I bet you'd trade your own mother if an alien civilization came to Earth and offered you a laser bread knife.

Bullshit.

Black and native people here were and are treated like animals

>Brazil population
210 million
>Hispanoamerica population
>430 million
>Average europeaness of Brazilians: 70%
>Average europeaness of Hispanics: 60%
Lets assume ALL inmigration was either spanish or portuguese, by doing a simple rule of 3 we can tell there was roughly twice gene dissemination from spaniards than Portuguese, which means roughly twice the number of spaniards emigrated

>Average europeaness of Hispanics: 60%
Where did you get those values?You know central america is all 80% non-european and it has the most population lf hispanics

Yes, I agree but by some empirical experience, things I read, seems that they were the less bad between the other colonizers.

Only a few to set the order.

We couldn't afford to lose working hands when we're a fifth of Spain's Population, not to mention France and England.

You could afford to send 700 thousand people here. By comparison, only 530 thousand whites (of several origins) were settled in the Thirteen Colonies that would become the USA.

Yeah, 100 years earlier.

>>Average europeaness of Brazilians: 70%
Brazil is at least 90% black you dumbass. Even 100% black Brazilians like Pelé are classified as white Europeans in Brazil.

>gilberto freyre

based

And coincidentally all their former colonies are shitholes

Really makes me think

Attached: 1541829025374.jpg (1032x774, 56K)

You will never hear about this anywhere, you will only hear about MUH SLAVERY which ironically enough was mostly a jewish trade. The more you notice.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1166x657, 329K)

Attached: 1535224022937.png (2318x2410, 381K)

>Jow Forums charts
El PeruArio

>Jow Forumscharts
????

Attached: GENETICS LATIN AMERICA.png (5832x4198, 1.68M)

Sociology is a joke.
Sociologists are a joke.