Why do Japs still watch old TVs?

Why do Japs still watch old TVs?

Pic related; TV in average Japanese household in 2018.

Attached: 7C07C313-67CD-4F76-9AB4-C076E070B634.jpg (554x554, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/262595/why-germans-pay-cash-for-almost-everything/
impactcee.com/2017/11/28/poland-takes-2nd-place-in-global-mobile-banking-usage-ings-financial-barometer-study-finds/
americanbanker.com/news/the-cutting-edge-of-online-banking-as-practiced-by-a-polish-bank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anime rotted their brains

because koreans make new TVs

For the same reason why Americans still use cheques, Brits have two taps with hot and cold water or in Germany you can't pay with a debit card.

>in Germany you can't pay with a debit card.

What the actual fuck

qz.com/262595/why-germans-pay-cash-for-almost-everything/

Germs are really conservative when it comes to money (and financial policy as well). Sometimes it's good (their system is stable) but sometimes it goes that far so it resembles full autism.

Attached: share-of-payment-volume-made-in-cash_chartbuilder.png (620x253, 24K)

>No one knows precisely why Germans have such a strong preference for cash, though survey data offer some hints.
>German respondents suggested that using cash makes it easier to keep track of their money and spending
For me it's the other way around. Are germans retarded?

Because they're based, fuck consumerism and shitty iPhones that get replaced every year.
I also watch TV on a similar model by the way.

crt is comfy, wish I could find a brand new one

what about europe? have checks ever been a thing? when were they discontinued? they are still used here occasionally but very seldom. mostly when a company issues you a refund. but i don't remember when i last had to write a check.

I haven't seen brand new CRTs in Yodobashi and Bic Camera. But they still sell faxes and cellphones with old designs.

I don't know about western Europe, but in eastern Europe they were never a thing because when we introduced free market in the 1990s we also introduced the newest technological achievements so debit cards that are prevalent here now.

Eastern European personal banking is way more advanced that that of western Europe/USA. All money transfers between all banks are for free, you can easily open or close accounts, deposits, buy obligations etc on a webpage, also the systems are very intuitive. In German banks their websites are still like it was 1995 and you have to pay for many features that are for free here.

>For me it's the other way around. Are germans retarded?

I guess they mean that if you have 200 eur in your wallet, you won't spend more, so you put a limit on yourself and your spendings. While when you have a debit card linked to your account, you can spend all of your money at once. Sure, it's only a psychological difference but still.

it's a lie btw

open an account online? really. that sounds convenient but hardly practical. how would you prove your identity?

I'm not a woman, I can restrain my spending like a proper grown adult.

>open an account online?

account, deposit, everything, that's normal

pretty much every videoblogger from Poland who moved to the US/western Europe mentions that personal banking in the west is sooo lagging behind Polish (and probably other eastern European)

>how would you prove your identity?

you can scan your ID card and send them, or you have to put your personal data and they check you in the base (especially if you ever bought any product from them before), or they will send you a contract through a courier to sign, there are many ways

You can do all that shit here.

I don't know about the Netherlands, maybe it's more advanced, but in Germany you can't do many of these.

impactcee.com/2017/11/28/poland-takes-2nd-place-in-global-mobile-banking-usage-ings-financial-barometer-study-finds/

>Poland’s enthusiasm for using technological innovations in personal finances is not surprising – the country has been upgraded from an Emerging Market to a Developed Market status this year by FTSE Russell, making it the first Developed Market in Central and Eastern Europe. “Paradoxically, thanks to this change, the Polish banking sector could abandon some already archaic solutions used in the West and introduce services and products which are considered innovative on the global scale. This is why services such as mobile banking or contactless payment seem natural for Polish people” – said Pogorzelski.

Mobile banking is also far, far ahead of anything in western Europe/USA.

>Mobile banking is also far, far ahead of anything in western Europe/USA.
Oh fuck off. I can pay wireless with my phone.

its literally subconscious
t. had economic psychology

it's not only about simply "paying", it's about the number of ways you can do it through and general usability and prevalence, also that everything is totally free of charge

I see. Regarding opening a new account, I think part of the reason is all major banks have branches literally everywhere so it'd would be easier for me to stop by in person instead of scanning/sending my personal data, yikes. As for deposits, payments, and everything else, of course you can do it online. But I don't anything about your system maybe it is more advanced indeed. I know banks are pretty conservative about upgrading their software/hardware so they are not willing to change something that has been working forever.

>I think part of the reason is all major banks have branches literally everywhere

it's like that here as well, but why would you leave your house if you can do it online?

you could say you have also a lot of malls in your area yet I'm sure you order a lot of stuff online

>had economic psychology
So you're a woman?

americanbanker.com/news/the-cutting-edge-of-online-banking-as-practiced-by-a-polish-bank

you can read how American banks learn online banking from Polish banks actually

It is the same here. Wtf are you smoking? Cash is almost non existent. And banks are already closed because everything is done with the app or website.

True. Apart from security concerns, that is really more convenient. Imagine you are a bank. In Eastern Europe. And someone is sending you a copy of their ID? How do you know it is authentic? What if it was stolen? I don't get this.

Two taps is better imo

and how do online stores know that you're the person who ordered stuff and you didn't order products worth $10000 to your neighbor you hate choosing cash-on-delivery payment?

sure, identity theft sometimes happens, but there are some ways to confirm your identity anyway

They look you up in the debtz and local municipality register.

Underrated

Why? You just end up using ice cold water every time, which is really uncomfortable and makes for poor hygiene because you get frostbite if you wash long enough to do it properly.

Attached: 1522881294339.jpg (500x730, 134K)

kek

>have state of the art tech in all field
>the people still prefer using stuff with 80's and 90's tech

Is it nostalgia from the times where Japan was booming?