Noun goes before adjective

>noun goes before adjective

Attached: 1516722966657.jpg (957x621, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-JDu3o7Cyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>word order is essential

Attached: kys yourselffaa itsesi.jpg (1920x1901, 406K)

Adjective going before the noun is weird. For example in my language:
Casa vermelha (red house) first I think about a house (casa) and then I think about its quality (red)

You guys think about "red" and then the house

>he will never understand the difference between "un hombre grande" and "un gran hombre"

for those of us who don't speak argentinian, what is the difference

un hombre grande (pt: um homem grande) = A big man
un gran hombre (pt: um grande homem) = a great man

based post.

don't tell him, let him stay ignorant.

>caring about words
lmao bitch nigga got dabbed on

>un hombre grande
para tu

Attached: 4ti.jpg (639x357, 32K)

can't it be both in the romance languages? for example in french it is generally the same but there are some adjectives that always precede the noun.

Don't even want to say anything.

if they're different ideas then why not just use two different words you dumb monkey

because there are none, stupid mutt.

Adjective before noun sounds weird in most romance languages. It can be used to sound poetic/archaic.

Are you seriously talking to me as if I invented the language even after you seeing that both Spanish and Portuguese work in the same way? You language uses one word for different ideas as well.

I don't see problems saying it either way around.

are you telling me that nobody in the entire history of your language thought it might be nice to have a way to distinguish the concept of large physical size from the concept of greatness (as in excellence or renown) that didn't depend on word order? top fucking lol r*Manceoids are literal NPCs

god damn muricants are so fucking stupid. I hate them. blow it our your ass.

Attached: 1539020977693.jpg (629x505, 33K)

they never learn to shut the fuck up

Attached: 288b2ae1daef62013ebff49db8273805.jpg (235x288, 14K)

I mean, in spanish "grande" and "grandioso" are two different adjectives. It just happens that when used before a noun they both become "gran".

I think it is not the case at least in French. Remember the BAGS rule:
B for beauty
A for age
G for goodness
S for size
These go before the noun. (But there are exceptions so it is not that simple).
une belle epoque for example

So this rule doesn't apply to Spanish?

t. i am not the faggot OP, just curious about languages

Jesus christ, man.

"the man is sick"
"you're a sick man"
"I like him"
"He is like me"
"He is a just king"
"Plant just a few tomatoes"
"it's over"
"Pass it over to me"

>this triggered paki is hopping from thread to thread chasing every burger flag

and answering your question, yes there are synonyms: extraordinário, fabuloso, magnífico

Are you really making the argument that English has no words with two meanings? Really?

>It just happens that when used before a noun they both become "gran".
pffffhahaha why though?? that makes no sense whatsoever, it's just idiosyncratic for the sake of idiosyncrasy

Ok, I had to do a little research, because I'm stupid and I guess I don't really think about my language as I speak it.

Yeah, in spanish you can have the adjetive before or after the noun, resulting in slightly different nuanced meanings. When the adjective is placed after the noun, it conveys new information about the noun. When placed before the noun, the quality described by the adjective, is already known, or intrinsic to the noun, i.e:

- El carro nuevo (the car that is new) vs El nuevo carro (the new car model)

>it's just idiosyncratic for the sake of idiosyncrasy

Yea, I guess, but I didn't invented this retarded language. I was speaking nahuatl until the spaniards came to rape my great-great-great grandmother's ass, so fuck off.

Yes in Romance languages generally the adjective comes after the noun (except for numerals which come before the noun)

Attached: tumblr_p1fyzepliK1uuqf4fo1_1280.png (1280x593, 364K)

Nigga, you're talking to a person that speaks a language that each word has to be individually learned because the spelling is the most retarded in the world

youtube.com/watch?v=m-JDu3o7Cyw

>"the man is sick"
>"you're a sick man"
same word, same meaning
>"I like him"
>"He is like me"
verb vs. preposition, different parts of speech
>"He is a just king"
>"Plant just a few tomatoes"
adjective vs. adverb, different parts of speech and obviously different meanings
>"it's over"
>"Pass it over to me"
adjective vs. preposition, and i was sorta joking about all this at first but now i'm actually convinced that your dumb language has made you people retarded at least when it comes to parts of speech

well yeah that's because it is intuitive to you so it is really hard to think about the theory of your own language. but that's some good knowledge that i take home from this thread.

why are you faggot so cringe?

You can use sick as in mentally unstable; disturbed or someone in poor health

You're moving the goalposts you were ranting about same word for different ideas.

>grand theft auto
>grand auto theft

Cold weather (low temperature)
Cold person (unfriendly)
Hot weather (high temperature)
Hot girl (attractive)
Green house (color green)
Green energy (environmentally friendly)

Black person (color)
Black market (illegal)
dark room (lack of light)
dark time (hopelessness)
gay person (happy person, old usage)
gay person (homosexual)
straight guy (heterosexual)
straight line (not crooked or bent)

i'm not moving shit. homonyms exist in every language, but only r*Manceoid subhumans think it's okay for the same adjective to mean two completely different things depending on WHICH FUCKING SIDE OF THE MODIFIED WORD IT'S ON LOL
you are too cute, please post like ten more of these

>So this rule doesn't apply to Spanish?
The order of the adjectives in Spanish (and I guess the rest of the Romance languages) isn't as fixed as English but in general "value" adjectives would come first, then "qualitative" (I think they are also called "descriptive" in English) ones and then "classifier" adjectives.

If you look closely, the same pattern is followed in English.

>"value" adjectives would come first
Well except for "quantity" adjectives (not only numerals as I stated previously but also including words such as "muchas", "pocas", etc.) which always come before the noun (unlike the rest of the adjectives)

Special place (unique)
[he goes to a] special school (retarded, mentally handicapped)
bright man (intelligent)
bright place (luminous)
grey color
grey area (disputed or uncertain quality)
He is hungry (wants food)
He is hungry (eager, avid desire)

I think other romance languages are like this as well, but in French for whatever reason it depends on the adjective. For example, you say "le camion rouge" (the red truck), but "le gros camion" (the big truck). As a native speaker I've never had to wonder how to do it, but I am curious whenever I think about it of what the exact rules are (assuming there are any at all). It doesn't seem all too intuitive, as for example "géant" (which conceptually is quite close to "gros") would normally go after the noun.

We are taught the BAGS rule in french.

Ah I see, that would explain it, though the "size" part of that rule seems like it has a lot of exceptions (off the top of my head: géant, gargantuesque, gigantesque, costaud, volumineux)

hmm yeah, also B seems to have lots of exceptions: laid, affreux. also mechant probably?
also a bunch of them change the meaning whens swapped, probably just like in spanish.
(dernier, grand etc),

>géant, gargantuesque, gigantesque, costaud, volumineux
man how do you do that. i know these words (except for costaud) but i couldn't think of them of top of my head until you told me :D

WRONG: El enojado gringo
CORRECT: El gringo enojado

Shouldn't you be getting your head chainsawed off right now, Juan?

grand gland

Attached: 1540823921785.png (1280x720, 673K)