Why are they so culturally different despite being so geographically close?

Why are they so culturally different despite being so geographically close?

Attached: 39809651-region-of-lands-around-the-mediterranean-sea-south-europe-north-africa-and-near-east-with-c (450x222, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cambridge.org/core/journals/church-history/article/disappearance-of-christianity-from-north-africa-in-the-wake-of-the-rise-of-islam/2D4350992DB03EBD60062372D658BF91
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_6th_century
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Islam
Rome and Greece shared heavily similair culture with North African, Anatolian and Levantine civilizations before Islam

why they converted to islam

greeks are slavs and turks, who took up the language with religion
italians are the same with langobards and arabs

Because Arabs forced them
Either kufar accept the foreign rule or they die by the sword, the same will happen to Western Europe if we don't change our politics

This is wrong on every level
Southerners are different to both, North-Western/Eastern European or the MENA regions in terms of genetics, furthermore most of Italy and Greece share more similarities between each other than to any people you mentioned

kek

Basically this

I recommend you look up Bill Warner on YouTube. The talks about the Muslim conquests of North Africa also

>Because Arabs forced them

In the case of Spain if you were a muslim you just paid less taxes and we hate taxes (200 years after the invasion 90% of the population was muslim).

North Africans were predominately followers of Arianism, Christians who reject the trinity in favour of one god so when Islam came around, the population converted much easier.

>if you were a muslim you just paid less taxes and we hate taxes
Why didn't Jews convert then?

Still more money to make with banking and commerce I guess? Jobs both Christianity and Islam probably deemed usury

Jews were the ones collecting the taxes

Attached: 6456654.jpg (400x400, 57K)

because they are the chosen people and they were used to be prosecuted by christians so no big difference when muslims invaded Iberia

The Jews are pretty stubborn and don't abandon their religion, it's part of their identity.

They’ve abandoned it now
Judaism is more of an order than a religion

Indeed, I'm mostly referring to it historically. Judaism has been pretty "bankrupt" since the siege of Jerusalem in 70 AD anyway

>and don't abandon their religion

Many of them did when the Catholic Monarchs forced them to choose to stay and embrace catholicism or gtfo, hence why the Spanish Inquisition was so busy investigating false converters.

>North Africans were predominately followers of Arianism
That's interesting, do you have a source?

werent they mostly pagans

They might be geographically close but the enviroment is very different. That was true even in roman times, the people in various provinces never shared a culture.

Despite North Africa being a relatively wealthy province, we have very few literary sources from that region and any modern assertions are literally just analysis by historians. So what do we actually know about African Arians? Apparently soon after the reconquest of Africa Justinian was keen to keep the locals happy, which meant the toleration of Arianism. Nicene Christians however responded in force and held a synod condemning this, demanding that Arians (along with Donatists and Jews) should not be allowed to hold public office. I'm not sure how to interpret this, since we have no idea about how many Arians there were even under the Vandals and this may just well be a rhetorical thing from Nicenes eager to secure their own position after being persecuted for decades (maybe, the extent of the Arian persecution of Nicenes is I think also debatable). In any case, Justinian responded with a law in 535 that accepted their demands but the Byzantine control over north Africa was getting weaker by the years so who knows if it was effectively implemented.

You can read more here if you are a uni student, not much open access information I'm afraid.
cambridge.org/core/journals/church-history/article/disappearance-of-christianity-from-north-africa-in-the-wake-of-the-rise-of-islam/2D4350992DB03EBD60062372D658BF91

>werent they mostly pagans

Who? The iberians?

nafris before islamizations
prayed to baal and carthagineans stuff

It seems it depended on the area, centers with high density were christians. You have to remember that christianism arrived to Spain from Africa.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_6th_century