Dear foreigners of Jow Forums

Dear foreigners of Jow Forums
Do you have a Lidl or Aldi in your country?
Do you like to go grocery shopping there?
What is your opinion on Lidl or Aldi?

Attached: AldiLidl_0[1].jpg (770x400, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jxVcgDMBU94
youtu.be/Jxl8P1fNT9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Gp09Sdrw2W4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We have Aldi but most people call it Aldi’s lel

They are the smallest groceries we have, about the size of a small specialty shop but have everything a normal store has.

No bags is bullshit and some of their knockoff brands they carry are shit compared to Walmart and Whole Foods.

No Aldi
Lidl is for poor people
But I heard they are quality

Never seen an Aldi, we have some Lidl though, unfortunately, it's for the poor people and immigrants who aren't afraid of dying young for eating shit.

From foreign networks we have only French Auchan. All other supermarkets are national networks.

ezala warum schriebt hiehr niemand verdammde axgst

Lidli best

There's a few of both within a few miles of me

I usually go shopping in Aldi more than Lidi but I like going to both of them.

I like their prices, they're clean stores and have a nice atmosphere. They're some of the only places I can find German/European food of any kind in my area. All in all, they're good stores.

Cheap food for white trash

Attached: 1251251612.jpg (625x640, 49K)

Have a lidl litreally ~200 metres from me
Pretty good quality for the price desu, but the selection is shit
They seem to exclusivly employ polish and african workers, when the other supermarket in my town has mostly english workers

we have an aldi and its widely seen as the cheapest and lowest quality grocery store. at least around here.
Of the grocery stores that we have here is how I would rank them as far as quality goes
1. Trader Joes
2. Kroger = Publix
3. Walmart
4. Aldi

If we had a whole foods I would stick it at the top. Kroger used to be a lot lower before a new one was built

Attached: IMG_20181119_202116.jpg (1080x1560, 214K)

I have an Aldi in my hometown, but I've never seen a Lidl.

>Trader Joes
Isnt that owned by Aldi?

Metro sold their business.
Billa and SPAR has so few stores, that I totally forgot about them.

We have Lidl and it's a popular choice.
In my opinion, if there is something in that limited selection that fits your taste, it's cheaper to get from Lidl than from anywhere else. For example, I buy
>rye bread
>chicken and ground beef (both usually sold with different name but same supplier as other sellers)
>some seasonings and their mixes
>meat to put on sandwitches
>sometimes ready-made baked goods
>really cheap frozen pizza

Lidl used to be good but went to shit when it started pandering to retarded Finns instead of selling actually good things.

I live next to a Lidl and their fish is so cheap that I'm basically a pescatarian now.

We have Hofer and Lidl. They're pretty good stores.

Billa, Spar, Metro, Selgros

Lidl is for rich people here

beide schwul, geh edeka

Lidl cimer chef putain.

Les petits pains à 35 centimes

No so no. I shop at Loblaws because I'm not a homosexual and there's a really cute asian cashier always there at the 11th checkout on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturday mornings.

We have both, they kinda ran the British discounters out of business (except for the pound shops)

People used to make fun of you back when I was secondary school (early 2000s) for going to Lidl, but no one really cares now. This was back when they didn't have baskets yet, and their stores were just a fucking mess back then.

If you rolled up to school with Freeway Cola, everyone would bully you.

approach her you measly

Lidl is trying to be more upmarket and pandering to nu-males as we already have a chain for white trash
Aldi is just there, selection is meh

could be. they carry completely different things from aldi though

whats for white trash? Biedronka?

ding ding ding

we have an aldi in town but I have never been

I used to buy alcohol at Polish stores (Biedronka, Zabka) when I was still in high school and didn't have an ID you guys are great

damn, whats for "rich" people then

Lidl is great if you're on Jow Forums style diet. Meats are cheap and fresh just like veggies even though the selection isn't wide.

One thing that I hate is that Lidl doesn't offer all the tools online that sell, unlike in Germany where you can buy everything online. Over here you need to just hope that tools you wish to buy will come to the shops.

Probably due to EU VAT code which allows member countries to slap their own VAT for purchases from other member states, which is fucked up and against the idea of a common market.

i cringe every time i hear that fucking autistic jingle on tv..fucking teuton marketing

Lidl is best. Lidl freshly baked croissants every morning gave me reason to live.

I have a Lidl not far from my house, I like to buy brezel there

We only have Lidl here. It's very good because it's cheap and the products are just as good. They only need more stores, the closest one is over 30 minutes away.

I can pronounce lidl so I say lidli al the time.

Piotr i Paweł probably

Lidl is just insane here, >2 gallons of yogurs for no reason, sodas from who knows where, strange cookies, mostly weird shit nobody knows. It is fun to go there, but no to buy ...

theres like 8 different lidls in my city
and about 250 in the whole country

they are some pretty good stores ^^

no aldi yet tho (prob in 2019)

>Trader Joes
is that an actual name? it sonds so... rural

Lidls 50p pain au chocolat gave me a fat arse.

I mean I can't

They pronounce it the weird way on television here but every normal person pronounces it as Lidəl (like ea in earl).

Hypermarkets are usually Auchan/Carrefour. Local supermarket are spanish ones (which is where I most often shop). I know there's a Lidl in my city but never been there. Aldi advertises themselves on tv very often but I don't think we have one around here. Opinion of Lidl is neutral tending towards negative (I think most of their foodstuffs are bad quality). Don't know anything about Aldi.

lmao you guys never left your houses

we don't have either

we have both
can never remember which one is which because they're both the same concept and have similar coloured logos

Finno-Ugric to the core.

Like Lid-öl?

I don't want to be creepy and hit on someone at work.

It's just for Hungarian it's hard to say DL. I guess Poles pronounce it as LDL

everyone watch this. its a song by a german supermarket
youtube.com/watch?v=jxVcgDMBU94

what do you think?

>I dont want to be creepy

kek stay a loser

in romania we used to pronounce it as "liddl" but now we pronounce it as "lidăl" or "lidel"

I used to order beer from there because it was cheaper than going to the store.

I don't know, I'm only familiar with the German ö and that's a bit too close to o. Think of the u in curl if my previous example wasn't clear enough.

Yeah, Most Finns say Lidli too..

nazi siwa :DD

I enjoyed the song but I wouldn't buy any of the food this techno-merchant is selling desu

youtu.be/Jxl8P1fNT9Y

we do and its very popular now. My favourite shops although i am enjoying lidl more now. Will be going in an hour actually

There are some Aldis in the East.

I go to Lidl for things like paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap, bleach and window cleaner etc. I keep my distance from the food aisles, it looks horrid.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gp09Sdrw2W4

suprised at the level of hate here for these shops. Can't believe people trick themselves into thinking theyre better for spending a few more sloty or kroner or whatever for their shite ready meals elsewhere. Get a grip

Attached: 1539716626342.jpg (744x752, 72K)

We have Aldi's nearby but most of the produce and goods are shit. Like literally chemical waste-tier shit. Some of the stuff might be good, but I never saw that much to entice me, especially when we have Russian and Polish supermarkets with much better quality at the same price.

>t. Lidl marketing department in the UK
also
>buying ready meals, ever
gross

The reason doesn't matter because ultimately you're there so you're not forced to interact with garbage people who frequent those cheaper grocery stores. The Loblaws I frequent is in one of Toronto's wealthiest areas and there's a highshool nearby so I'm surrounded by the most beautiful girls you can imagine while I shop for groceries before getting to the cashier. It does help that the overall experience is in fact also superior.

SAVE EUROPE!

STOP BUYING GERMAN PRODUCTS.

Attached: Bij-de-Lidl-gekocht.jpg (280x280, 23K)

The average Costco shopper can't be considered human. They are nothing but livestock and their behaviour is intolerable. I had a free membership bur still refused to ever shop there.

Sorry but german pizzas are too good...

Attached: 4001724026556_0001_1519641851970.jpg (1600x1600, 297K)

no

this

when people call it aldi's it grinds my fucking gears

schizoleaf pls go

We have both, and it's nice but it's becoming pricier so had to switch to local supermarkt instead

lidl is for poorfags

I always shop at Lidl. Normally do a full weekly shop for less than £25, it's great. They don't have as wide a selection as some of the other supermarkets and the quality is occasionally a bit worse (not usually though), but they can't be beaten on price

Lidl is not that cheap compare to others here, but still the ppl do shopping there looks poor.

There are both Lidl and Aldi in my hometown. I buy some specific products from them, but I get most of my groceries elsewhere.

i respect myself way too much to ever put a foot in one of these poor smelly markets

yeah we have both where I live. they're pretty decent and comfy. I like going.

what a contrast

You'll get really pissed off when you find out that people here call Cumberland Farms 'Cumbies', Starbucks 'Starbies', and Wegmans 'Weggies'

Attached: elon masshole.png (572x541, 486K)

Lower class peon vs upper class Lord

Lidl, but afaik the quality isn't very good.

We don't have Aldi, that's german, we have Hofer. I go to Hofer frequently, but i haven't been in Lidl in over 15 years now and I don't intend to change that. It's literally only filled with turks, it's the german ölmez

There are some Aldis
In PACA at least but even there I didn't se a lot
Much more Lidl in comparison

Actually the quality in Lidl is much better than Auchan/Carrefour, and on the same level as Mercadona.

More like normal person vs basement edgelord

yes i buy stuff from lidl because it is nearby. meh..

aldi in england had some crisp potatoes with cheese that i loved. frozen food quality is better there than greek lidl.

we have both.
lidl is called 'lidli" as the other hunanon said.
also its more likely for the lower-middle class. aldi has similar supply but a little bit better.

Yes we do have it.
No I don't.
It's very much a poor people's supermarket here. It can be decent in other countries, where the rest of the quality isn't any better though.

lidl just opened this month here in serbia and basically its for upper middle class
i dont even shop from the shops so i dont know what goes on there, i know a meat dryer who basically occupied an entire village to produce meat for his personal use, my grandpa makes booze, local literally who bakeries make my bread, i tend to poach fish when i need some

that's kinda it for me, i kinda have to admit the processed, mass produced foods sold at stores have completely different taste than the food im used to, other people like me are all low income people who perform heavy manual labor and also eat locally produced food but none have ever caught cancers or diabetes or other diseases from chemically altered mass consumption foods so im sticking to pointing the pig or cow i want slaughtered with my own finger myself

Lidl is pretty good and quite popular here. There are only a handful of Aldis in every major city, and it's not bad, but it has a pretty poor fresh produce selection. Lidl wins by a long shot.

>lidl just opened this month here in serbia and basically its for upper middle class

lmao wtf is going on

For me its Aldi but Lidl invested more in their stores the last years so they look nicer