What is the equivalent of General American Accent in your Country?

What is the equivalent of General American Accent in your Country?

Attached: main-qimg-642cf45e8ace7a41d3f29a6c2699d577.png (602x393, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NF9z9T_GRE8
youtube.com/watch?v=8YTGeIq4pSI
youtube.com/watch?v=9Im8IKc8NeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like what is the basic bitch accent in your country and where is it from?

The real general american accent is the generic one actors are coached to speak in in hollywood

I possess this accent

bump

Surrey accent

>tfw from the deep south and speak generic American

There isn't really much regional variation
Some places have a kind of different way of speaking but not enough to be able to pick it out on its own and it's less of a factor than class and ruralness

>mfw everybody says I sound Canadian

Attached: canada pepe.jpg (250x248, 10K)

Paulista

if the word "something" ends with an m you have a southern accent

Washington state is the actual General American accent ffs

Tired of ppl posting this retarded ass meme.

We just have a common pronunciation that most people use and a few weirdo dialects that differ from it. I guess the common is derived from the central regions of the country but really most people use it so nobody thinks of it like that.

vocaroo it

southern ontarian/lower mainland bc accent
probably the most "american" sounding accent (i.e. close to general american)

Wisconsin?

Come home snowman

I'm talking about us

The one from the news I guess.

No one speaks like in the news, though

I never noticed a canadian accent that differs greatly from generic american.

You fucking lie.

I seriously don't get the "eh" and "aboot" shit; I've never heard it before.
I've also never ever seen bagged milk.
Maybe it's just because I live in Alberta?

I didn't realize Trailer Park Boys was set in Canada until it was explicitly sad

Uppsala

We don't really have a generic accent, I guess cockney or brummie are the most well known

wouldnt northern be the most common. At least outside the home counties and london, everyone sounds a variation of northern

The one they use in our main news program
this one youtube.com/watch?v=NF9z9T_GRE8

There isn't one, generally speaking.

youtube.com/watch?v=8YTGeIq4pSI

Most likely commiefornia

Yes we do, it's called Standard English and it's spoken in the south you stupid dumb nigger

English spoken anywhere in the Home Counties and some parts of London (basically a less posh version of RP)

fuck. same. when to UK and everyone thought I was canadian.

yeeah you do. my friend from coventry speaks the exact same way as my friend that lives on the isle of wight.

I always found it weird how most of America speaks a standard accent with very little variation when you consider the immigrant origins of the country and how people in different areas settled from different European countries

Upper Carniolan as spoken in the capital can be heard in many TV ads and shows today.

i highly fucking doubt that you've been all around here if you really believe that.

average of Tokyo, Yokohama, Chiba

Attached: 18932735943754.png (214x236, 6K)

Saj sem hotel omeniti ljubljansko besedno diarejo, ampak ni to nekaj, kar bi uporabljali ljudje po celotni državi, tako kot na primer v Ameriki.

You all really sound like Sarah Palin to us. I'm not exaggerating.

Probably this
northerners have a more nassal voice, southerners have a rougher dry voice

Attached: s.png (1280x876, 50K)

It sounds more like "aboat" than "aboot" to me, but like 90% of Canadians I've ever heard don't seem able to understand how weird they pronounce it

I don't think that's accurate based on the amount of stuff I've listened to but I'm not a native speaker so I'm not confident in my opinion.

the middle of the country has a similar accent because of the quick pace in which it was settled. people moved west so fast that no one place was isolated enough to form its own distinct accent

This guy says the "ou" thing in the canadian way very noticeably at 00m07s
youtube.com/watch?v=9Im8IKc8NeY

I have been to most states and aside from the well known and stereotyped accent differences (deep south, NY, Fargo accent) there is no where near as much variation as you find in the rest of the world. Maybe it's because historically Americans have been much more internaly mobile than other coubtries?