I read a book today

I read a book today.

Recommend me a book to read tomorrow.

Attached: d2edc4c068505fd7012dfc1b6dec44b0.jpg (634x1024, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B9XGUpQZY38
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dark Pools

Lazy eyes are my kryptonite

Thanks, looks interesting. Dark pools seem shady af.

George Orwell 1984

"Discipline and Punish" Michel Foucault

The Road

try a pool cleaner vacuum while underwater, especially with a heated pool, it will give you the best orgasm of your entire life. the fans rapidly but gently smack the head of your dick while giving really strong suction. obviously stick your fingers in first to make sure it's safe, not every pool vacuum is the same. I've had blowjobs from 3 different women and 4 different men, I've used vacuums, cock-pumps, fleshlights, vibrators... and NOTHING compares to the pool cleaner. I'm not even fucking kidding right now, if you get the chance, try it. the only thing that is even remotely close to how good that pool vacuum felt was straight up vaginal sex with this fat chick who had a really warm snatch, it was like sticking my dick into a wet loaf of banana bread straight out of the oven, and yes this fucking pool cleaner vacuum was better than that. I don't own a pool or else I'd be doing it every day. unfortunately the owner of the pool caught me doing it so I'm not allowed to be within 1000 feet of his house anymore but it was so fucking worth it, I'm telling you that fucking pool vacuum is like heaven. honestly the only reason I even want to get rich is so I can afford my own house with a heated pool and of course a pool vacuum. I can't wait to buy a dozen different brands and styles of pool cleaners and fuck them all. I live for that day to come.

Harry squatter

The Guns of August.

Practicing Mind by Thomas Sterner

Hemingway.
Take your pick, i've not read a bad one yet.

It describes the transition of US exchanges from analogue to digital. Pretty hype stuff over the course of ~30 years.

selfish inquiry:
Anyone has other business/tech nonfiction?

try a pool cleaner vacuum while underwater, especially with a heated pool, it will give you the best orgasm of your entire life. the fans rapidly but gently smack the head of your dick while giving really strong suction. obviously stick your fingers in first to make sure it's safe, not every pool vacuum is the same. I've had blowjobs from 3 different women and 4 different men, I've used vacuums, cock-pumps, fleshlights, vibrators... and NOTHING compares to the pool cleaner. I'm not even fucking kidding right now, if you get the chance, try it. the only thing that is even remotely close to how good that pool vacuum felt was straight up vaginal sex with this fat chick who had a really warm snatch, it was like sticking my dick into a wet loaf of banana bread straight out of the oven, and yes this fucking pool cleaner vacuum was better than that. I don't own a pool or else I'd be doing it every day. unfortunately the owner of the pool caught me doing it so I'm not allowed to be within 1000 feet of his house anymore but it was so fucking worth it, I'm telling you that fucking pool vacuum is like heaven. honestly the only reason I even want to get rich is so I can afford my own house with a heated pool and of course a pool vacuum. I can't wait to buy a dozen different brands and styles of pool cleaners and fuck them all. I live for that day to come.

This, read in school, re-read years later.

Love it.

Keep the recs coming!

That's not funny, my brother died that way.

meditations marcus aurelius

Art of War

Principles by Ray Dalio, I haven't read the published version but the old PDF version. There's also a 30 minute oversimplified summary here: youtube.com/watch?v=B9XGUpQZY38

Basically it'll explain why you should reflect on 'painful' experiences (i.e. losing money in the market) and ask the smartest people you know to explain not what they think happened but understand how their thought processes work - and that's important too - he says you should offload what you're not good at to other people, or at the very least copy the best ideas and practices of more competent people (once you understand the fundamentals of those processes).

I'd also suggest you read some articles by Ted Levitt if business rather than Finance is your thing (although even as an investor there are important things about business you'll learn) - in particular there's this one whose name I can't remember where he talk about how commodities can be differentiated - like how Wheat or Isopropylene have a wide array of customers for the same basic product.

Attached: GavriloPrinciples.png (1200x1200, 27K)

Why? What the fuck does not leading my army through marshes or battling during the afternoon have to do with business or investing?
I really wonder what Mike Ovitz saw in it.

Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield is amazing.

Name of the Wind and Mistborn trilogy if you like fantasy.

The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco for successful entrepreneurship.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand for some good ol' capitalist philosophy.

Understanding Power - Noam Chomsky

American Psycho &

Dune

the mostly metaphoric stuff at the start i guess

>feeling heady?
Ontological Relativity by Quine
>feeling sciencey but want a quick read?
Seven Brief Lessons on Physics by Rovelli
>feeling like some poetry?
Gardeners and Astronomers by Sitwell
>feeling like a cowboy romantic?
Riders of the Purple Sage by Grey
>feeling reflective on your financial state?
Down and Out in Paris and London by Orwell
>feeling psychedelic?
Doors of Perception by Huxley
>feeling Utopian?
Island by Huxley
>feeling like a laugh and like outer space?
Hitchhikers Guide Series by Adams
>feeling like making better food?
Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat by Nosrat
>feeling like your ego is the most special ego?
Atlas Shrugged by Rand
>feeling satirical or ironical?
Candide by Voltaire
>feeling like self-flagellation?
anything by Michel Foucault or Dan Brown

Attached: list.jpg (2950x2360, 1.1M)

Yeah I can see that. I still think it's not a Jow Forums book nor a self-help book

I'm feeling like I need to learn how to apply theoretical knowledge to the real world - what can you recommend me?

why do you keep posting pics of that bitch, she's not even cute

Howdoyoudo, what books do you recommend my informative fellow?

Attached: SchoolBully-Monocle.jpg (590x460, 28K)

Actually Quine would be a decent start (what is 'reality' anyway?) - but regarding applying theoretical knowledge to reality... I'd say Bourdieu and his ideas of "Practice Theory" could hit the mark, specifically 'The Logic of Practice' or 'Outline of a Theory of Practice' - give it a google. Works by Foucault and Heidegger would also be relevant if Bourdieu seems interesting

Road to Reality by Roger Penrose

The book is just over 1100 pages, of which the first 383 are dedicated to mathematics—Penrose's goal is to acquaint inquisitive readers with the mathematical tools needed to understand the remainder of the book in depth. Physics enters the discussion on page 383 with the topic of space–time.

Should be easy read within a day unless you're a brainlet.

I'll add another one that I think all of /biz should read.

"Structure of Scientific Revolutions" Thomas Kuhn

Ye shut up nerd

oh man, so much yes.
everyone should read this
I have brought shame upon my family by not mentioning it

This is for you:

Why I Want to Fuck Ronald Reagan
Short story by J. G. Ballard

You want to learn how to apply theoretical knowledge to the real world by reading more theoretical knowledge? Stop reading, start doing.

If it were as simply 'start doing' I'd be rich already.

Yeah I'm not sure if that Bourdieu stuff is right for me and it seems like quite a time investment to see if it is.
I think basically what i need is practical advice on 'self promotion' particularly to do with branding and social media.
>it took me a long time to actually figure out that's what I need though.
>are there any books or guides on skipping to the 'real problem' quicker?

You should still combine your knowledge seeking with doing related things, however small.

Là-bas

Attached: pompa funebris.png (1339x634, 1.82M)

FRACTAL TIME