Can Sunnone Summarize this book for me? Thank Tzu

Seriously this keeps getting recommended as a Jow Forums book but I'm a busy man and am a bit suspicious what a 2000 year old war manual could teach me about business.

Attached: SunTzu.jpg (1920x1080, 84K)

Good book

>can't read a short fucking book
Not gonna make it. Kys.

Just read it you faggot its like 30 pages

It's not even that long. It'd take at, maximum, 2 hours to read.

Be smart when you do stuff

There are only a few notes. But combined differently they can make a near infinite number of unique melodies

Same with colours

TOP KEKS

>He wants /biz's opinion and they won't give it to him

strategy described in a way which is still applicable on so many levels.

Also you are really lazy for not even reading one page before asking this question: you are not going to make it.

Business is war dude... businesses fight for money to survive. If you can’t draw that parallel your a faggot and deserve to wageslave.
Act strong when weak. Act weak when strong. Put men in a position where they will face certain death and they will outperform their opponent. that is the ground you want to fight and where you will have best advantage.

Actually I got to admit I was trolling, last year I did read it but couldn’t see how all the stuff about where you should put your troops on different types of vegetated terrain or pillaging the cities you overrun for food as you move on through enemy territory and how many days it takes to lay siege to an Ancient Chinese Fortification had to do with say, determining which markets you should do product extensions in, or deciding whether to rent or buy property for new offices.

The only parts that I remember being relevant was that "know yourself, know the enemy 100 victories. Know self not enemy 50-50. Not know yourself, every loss" and deception and some stuff about having greater reserves than your enemy so they can't beat you in attrition seemed relevant.

I was afraid that I had missed something actually pertinent to business, especially since stuff like command/leadership and inventory are in both disciplines

>can't draw parallels
Lack of imagination is indicative of low intellect.

Same as the prince by machiavelli. Basically become the jew and you shall be successful as the jew is.
>Ditch every decision based on honor, pride, or any other stupid monkey feeling. Surviving is all that matters.
>Spy on your enemy as much as possible
>Never pick a fight you cant win. Cower and kiss ass if you must until you're strong enough to fight
>Strike swift and silent. Dont let your enemy prepare at all. Have an army at his door before he even knows you dislike him
>Use all your resources to your advantage. Like russia just baited napoleon into frozen winter, taking advantage of their sparsely populated cold land.
Thats all I can think of

Also I'm glad that you all chastised me for not reading it, that was the right thing to do.

>hurr durr do the work use your imagination
Not the fucking point, why don't I find 50 business lessons in fucking Peter Rabbit or Finnegan's Wake if I'm looking for my own parallels?
I'm looking for sage, practical advice from people more experienced and smarter than me. Not my own inferences and projections onto the Rorschach test of irrelevant literature.

Attached: OzzyThumbs.jpg (535x348, 88K)

If you can't apply Sun Tzu to your game theory, you're simply not very bright and should stay a wagecuck.

1/Learn to learn
2/Know yourself perfectly
3/Know you're aim perfectly
4/Swtich global and detail vision
5/Always have a plan A to Z
6/Always think before to act
7/Self-control and control are the key
8/Always looks things on short and long term vision

Attached: 1433632703425.jpg (1864x1744, 815K)

The Art of War and The Prince are meme books for business.
Robert Greene's books are much better and more informative. They are still entry level and they don't teach you how to execute, but at least they are not a waste of time.

Jesus you guys are really stupid. Not even reading a book lights any lightbulbs. Just go to reddit you big faggot op

this

or

yin and yang

Pretty vague advice, but I understand.
I liked the Prince since it gave historical examples

That's not why I asked, why should I read this particular book in particular and not say other war manuals like Clauswitz or Mao's books? And even so, what does the entire genre of war literature offer me as a businessman compared to articles from the actual HBR or biographies of successful bussinessmen, where even then there is still some deconstruction and inferring required.

It's not a matter of whether I can or can't apply it to what I'm doing - the question is: is it an effective use of my time?
Well - is it?

Yeah I read some of 48 Laws. A lot to take in

jesus you're not even reading a thread before putting in your 2 cents. Pot calling the kettle black I hope you do more research than that when you invest in shitcoins

Its not better. It has a quirky/edgy name in the west for some reason (originally it's just 孙子兵法, or Sun Zi's Military Technique), it's somewhat relevant to something unrelated to what it was written for and posing hipsters think they're high iq because they read a 2000-yo chinese military book for business advice. It's at best an interesting read because of how odd it is that you can draw some clear parallels and at worst a meme that some pedantic faggot made stick

>Pic related, my posting a thot to grab your attention even though i've actually put effort into my argument is something sun zi would approve of

Attached: 1526482146506.jpg (635x767, 66K)

>effective use of time
>on Jow Forums

lol read the book you lazzy faggot.

>It's at best an interesting read because of how odd it is that you can draw some clear parallels and at worst a meme that some pedantic faggot made stick
That seems like a very accurate yet succinct summation of the book's reception in the West. Also I didn't realize that about the name, I suppose it was to make it more marketable against similarly named Western Treatises.

Attached: GermanHiFive.gif (480x270, 3.81M)

You should read all of those books. Read as many books as you can.

its a boomer book for people that still think competition is good

Actually, you deserve a thot in return.

I did read it, if you have of read my other posts you would have seen that - you lazy, silly silly boy, be more observant when you're investing in crypto mang. But you're actually right. I'm gonna fuck off and do something productive now.

Attached: Delilah-Belle-Hamlin-Hot-Beach-Photoshoots-2016-04.jpg (1027x1600, 92K)

Biz makes for some great OC

It's just some timeless advice on strategy. It's a meme but not as bad as the "48 Laws of Power" bullshit or the newest generation of self-help books.

Read "The 33 Strategies of War".
It's very good.

retard confirmed