With what networth in liquid assets would you consider buying a 100k range car (porsche 911 carrera)?

With what networth in liquid assets would you consider buying a 100k range car (porsche 911 carrera)?

Attached: IMG_3190.jpg (685x430, 60K)

10 million because spending money on depreciating assets is a dumb idea

Attached: ayy.png (1078x752, 972K)

Liquid assets can be of very different stability. But going with bonds, let's say they somehow make me 2% above official inflation.
I could spare 1/4 of that for a car if i really liked it:
0.005 * x = 100 000
x = 100 000 / 0.005
x = 20 000 000

There you go. But it would have to provide me with some mad fun.

3-4 million

This is retarded. You can’t take this shit to the grave with you.

No, but you can buy more shit to make even more or at least hold the value. A nice house, land, etc. Buying a $100k car is something I wouldn't consider until I had at least $5 million net worth. When you buy a car like that you're paying $100k for a toy that only impresses other random dudes in traffic. Not worth it unless you're just super into that sort of thing. The rich and famous people who go broke ALWAYS blow huge chunks of their money money on cars, drugs, and other stupid shit that depreciates like a rock.

>a car is an asset
it's a toy you dumb fuck

I'd say 500k OP, if you already have a big ass house to go with it

If you want it really bad then - when it costs sub 10% of your net worth. If proper financial planning then it shouldnt cost more than 3-5 % of your net worth at most.

Net worth is shit, look at the positive cash flow ONLY.
like:

Never, I don't like driving cars. I have a 1.4 million networth and I just walk everywhere or ride my bicycle.

Depends on the cars, buying older ones at the bottom of their depreciation curve and keeping them until they become rare will make you lots of money
Look at the value of the ferrari 250 gto. My pops had the opportunity to buy one in the 70's when it wasn't worth that much and didn't do it. It would've been worth 50 million now

100k on a car is not as big of a deal as most of you here think. A 5-year car loan payment would only be

you are way too fat to fit in that

E36 m3 is a nice opportunity for this.

I agree with you, $5 million would be my minimum for throwing out $100,000 on a car, and even then I probably wouldn't want it until I have more money.

>buying a Porsche

What are you old, balding and white? A Porsche isn't going to get you young pussy like you were told on Jow Forums. Just get a lifted truck so the girls know you have a small pecker

I wouldn't spend more than 3% of my net worth on a car desu and if I wanted to drive a Porsche and not get cucked by insurance, taxes, gas, maintenance and repairs I'd want to have at least 25M + and I wouldn't want a Carrera but a 911GT3

Is it OK to spend 25% of your money on a car?

>be me
>had 1m liquid
>spent 104k on model S
>bought big fucking house and put 800k as down payment
>business dies
>now i'm fucked
>selling fucking Tesla

MFW

Attached: 1527716723801.gif (600x630, 173K)

Putting 1,500 usd a month into a depreciating asset is awful even if you make "six figs" most people that max six figures are in the low six figures and don't even make 100k after taxes, yet they spend it all and stay poor.

why spend 10% of your net worth on some poorly made electric shit? you deserve to lose it all - should have just bought a Prius or somethjng

This, my man, is called living in a Disney world.

overleveraged like a BITCH

I done goofed

Attached: 1525455202345.jpg (581x593, 52K)

If I was overleveraged I'd be selling my house. My mortgage is less than your rent.

>800k house
>not just buying a roadster and a condo pocketing the rest
BWAHAHAHA

But you had 1m. What is the process behind thinking about buying something bigger?

You don't have the cash, you don't buy. How come some don't think like this?

Yeah, they've been growing in price lately
Also, first gen Audi R8 with few kilometers, I plan on buying one this year or next year. You can find them for 35k if you search a lot

>But you had 1m. What is the process behind thinking about buying something bigger?
Kids fucked my life up
>You don't have the cash, you don't buy. How come some don't think like this?
Yeah. Only idiots get mortgages. Only buy a home if you can pay in full. Rent until that day, why don't more people think like this?

>Kids fucked my life up
I think someone has to have some one on one honest conversation with the man in the mirror.

I had kids and needed a bigger house... not sure what you're missing here. Had my trap not had fucking twins I would still live in a condo.

If i hit 1.2 this year im buying a daydate and a c63s amg blacked out

All you need is the Bird app. If you are living in a city that doesn't have bird scooters, your life is meaningless.

you mispelled e34 m5

I know a few of families with kids living in a 60m^2 shitty flat. Not great but if you don't have the money..

you would have to have at least a million.

Think about it this way.

someone hits you, you gotta be able to afford 15K +.
insurance
upkeep (which really is expensive) especially ferrari, cause the fucks make a mold for each engine. which meeans no two engines are alike. Meaning. some will be very problematic. Some perfect. and you never know which one you got.

i look at exotic car ownership like a bicycle.
Right now, in my 90K usd job tax free. I could easily buy a bike. So, if my bike gets stolen, wrecked whatever the fuck. Struck by lighting today.
I would go Meh....and buy another one. Cause i make enough money that a bike isn't a big deal.

Exotic car ownership is the same (if your smart)

Did you figure out what you'd be paying in monthly utilities and annual taxes?
What are you planning to do with the money when you buy sell your tesla?
Did you not consider seeing a financial advisor to consult you on how much you could spend without going broke?

>biz
>the place where the crypto millionaires still driving prius gather
I would buy a $100k car when I pull in yearly $200-300k net.

i have a networth of more than 500.000€ (my grandfathers house 350.000€, 1kg gold 120.000€, 60.000€ bankaccount) and i drive a 10 year old audi with 116 horsepower.

i like cars, but i would be an idiot even if i would buy a 50.000€ car.

i think with 1.4 million i would buy a corvette as my sunday ride. porsches are too boring

Nice, i have 1m net and drive 18 yo. smart car that i bought for 1.8k.

I hold coins and make no gains. What do I get?

Porches are for literal boomers

No.

Don't mind me, hanging out here pretending to have any net worth

I don't think a 2nd hand Porsche costs that much so maybe $500k min.
Also, car threads on Jow Forums never go well because you get too many s o y boys saying they are a waste of money. They think they can take their money to the grave.

Wait, we aren't counting pic related?

Attached: bw.jpg (602x1238, 113K)

Not on the willing side of selling parts, but hey it'll make me feel better in a sense at least! Woo, worth something

This

Ordinary medium car is 25k in 1st world. No one have 20X when buy one of this cars.
You will be the richest in cementery

>When you buy a car like that you're paying $100k for a toy that only impresses other random dudes in traffic.

Totally true. I'd rather buy a race car and trailer it around for track days. Actually racing is my end game in crypto. I grew up racing karts, was on my way to Formula 1 and ran out of money. I just want to get back in a race car.