/smg/ - Stock Market General

Page 10 edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

In-depth Rundown on Options:
youtu.be/TBAQtjyqNHw
youtu.be/SuTTzfa4ePE

/smg/'s Official Market Commentator:
youtube.com/channel/UCyHBlT16Zd1arzSCwFoThNw

Previous

Attached: jHSYE7F.png (467x443, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/politics/senators-marijuana-legalization-abstain-1.4695824
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for KMB

Attached: 1526764138541.gif (246x208, 747K)

Throw WEEDLMAO stocks in there. Fucking bogged out of my bog.

It'll be a golden bull tomorrow...
right guys?

Attached: 2qVGzsK.jpg (645x773, 45K)

It will if Canada can get shit passed today.

Attached: 234.png (222x210, 53K)

VIXplosion time?

Attached: 1526329489938.png (885x437, 193K)

for my stocks

ceru mah nigga

Attached: 1518382146564s.jpg (250x241, 11K)

Believe it or not the weekly candles are showing a possible run on the nasdaq. This doesnt happen that often so I'll believe it for now. I bought more of the dip today on the QQQ to see.

However today I fucked up and daytraded TSLA options without good rules in place, I got burned HARD. I though have just kept the stupid puts I bought, curse these weak hands. However I do think TSLA is going to return to the mean tomorrow so I made the smarter play and did a vertical spread with defined risk.

Does anyone else use the think or swim options spread hacker? See pic. How are there these many 90% profit options with more than 20% returns out there? I guess I need to learn about diagonal and calendar spreads, they seem to be legit.

Attached: wat..png (1648x844, 108K)

Tomorrow. Senate vote will be after close today.

My portfolio is doing well. RTI overbought but still holding, looks bullish on daily and weekly. TBP looking really nice and finally broke .70 sell wall. FFT getting manipulated or shorted or maybe investors were getting impatient (like me) so I sold it this morning and bought the APH dilution dip a bit under $12. Will be back in FFT when it gets in oversold territory again.

wow, that company really got a lot of debt to deal with. better pay off some of that

if you know their history you know debt is not a problem

Awww yeah that meaty green volume on APH. Up and away tomorrow.

why are their sales plunging?

Nice close on TBP and RTI. I beat the hmmj ETF today by 2.5%.

> TFW Canada legalizes marijuana today

Its literally not though?

Good, it'll give them something to burn other than the white house.

Attached: bob_ross_tvixcorp.png (1540x1068, 1.17M)

Technically no but effectively yes. First G7 to do so. Pretty big dealio. Canopy has been saying they're flooded with foreigners wanting to take tours of their facilities. Lots of interest to see how the grand experiment plays out.

Is anyone here have a good knowledge of existing TA indicators? There seems to be a relationship between VIX and $TICK that seems to clue into fakeouts.

For example usually the two indicators are in agreement but they diverged near the bell and it was clear that the sell ticks were causing a run up in the indexes as volatility spiked down at the same time.

Im probably not the first to notice this but am wondering if anyone has written metrics off of this.

Why isn't everybody just investing in defence contractors/ visa+Mc banking and holding.

They've been consistently going up ~40% a year for 5 years straight

Attached: 01b.png (640x400, 39K)

>being this stupid

Attached: 1526512134436.gif (500x291, 164K)

end day: +0.7% and all time highs

Attached: 1519508270836.gif (500x378, 974K)

continuously fell from their high in 2013 from 21bn to 18bn in 2017

So today's treasury yield flash crash
Any thoughts on that ?
Is it time to go long treasury and bonds again ?

that really not a big deal... theyre a dividend aristocrat and have no money problems

Go long on bonds after interest rate hike, there's no point now besides speculation.

What about REQ tokens

Attached: DD86DCE9-7C12-4545-B605-AA8B758140E9.png (750x1334, 3.39M)

yeah sure, i definitely dont worry about KMBs future, just wanted to unterstand why their sales went down by 3 billion in the last 5 years. operating income was flat since 2013 too. net earnings kept growing nicely tho. seems like their profit margin ist growing fast

could have been less child birth in some parts, because they own a majority of the diaper market

poo in loos and niggers represent more and more share of the global population

Thanks Facebook.

Attached: 1425343954999.jpg (601x601, 85K)

Will XXII get a bump if Canada legalizes? I bought some last week. I intend to sell at during the first pump?

Sometimes I hate how finicky AMZN can be
But I'm still above $4,400 on a red day, so I'm happy

Attached: Screenshot_20180607-162153.png (1440x2560, 185K)

Facebook is probably going to test 178 next week. The FOMO has lost steam and zuck is still selling.

This is a good meme

Stupid Cisco dumping

Attached: SmartSelect_20180607-152643_Robinhood.jpg (1399x2263, 250K)

P R I C E D
I N

Attached: bob_ross_bogdanoff_red.png (1243x839, 567K)

I dunno about the VIX but I do have some techniques to double check my analysis if trend. Main one is conflict between MACD and Stochastic RSI on 4 hour or longer time scales. MACD is a more reliable indicator but stochastic rsi can give earlier clues about where things might be headed. Never rely on stochastic rsi by itself as using it alone is highly unreliable. I use it only as a potential uncertainty gauge compared against other stuff. If mixed signals are going on I will wait for more price movement for trend confirmation.

I havent had a red day in two weeks but today was rough

Attached: Screenshot_20180607-133534_Robinhood.jpg (1080x2220, 257K)

grow own seeds

Kek
Will see if can see what you seeing

>getting matches
REEEEEE NORMIE

>tinder.
>actually buying cisco stock.

>Bogandoff Red

Attached: _20180507_081059.jpg (1107x629, 58K)

Look at the one minute candles on $tick and vix at 12:55 today, $TICK dumped but VIX hardly budged making the TICK fake bullish.

It could also be that the DOW was strong today. You;d have to compate the nasdaq tick for the QQQ trend

Was a flat day. Everything just oscillated. Oh well.

Attached: 43B2E126-33F9-48A0-AC1B-20C9C99D39CB.jpg (423x720, 92K)

Dank.

Attached: Ciara Hitler Horan.jpg (1080x720, 125K)

Oh yeah... Shit... I accidentally ghosted a somewhat cute chick.
I'm sure she hasn't even noticed.

Attached: 1528109136008.jpg (720x1134, 590K)

Sideways day here too

Attached: _20180605_073231.jpg (720x525, 63K)

>It could also be that the DOW was strong today

Attached: grreeeen.png (960x700, 158K)

Where are my IQ bros at? Made this from a single day

Attached: IQIYI.png (558x876, 70K)

fuck it, what's the next chinese meme? i want these crazy gains
is it just average chinese people pumping this shit?

I think "priced in" is just a fun way to say "I'm ignorant and hate the assets that you trade"

Attached: 1527985242516.gif (400x535, 1.97M)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Two Conservative senators abstaining from pot vote because they stand to profit from it

cbc.ca/news/politics/senators-marijuana-legalization-abstain-1.4695824

you can still invest on it. IQ still has a buy rating and a price tag of 181.58. also I trust the founder he is very ambitious and the alexa rank keeps going up on iqiyi.

Attached: IQ stock.png (526x399, 13K)

Its old stock market speak, its pretty true though. The markets react faster than you'll learn about any news event or indicator. Prices never lie.

OMFG JUST PASS THIS SHIT, HALF THE FUCKING PEOPLE SPEAKING UP AGAINST IT CAN'T EVEN FLUENTLY READ WHAT THEY WERE GIVEN TO SAY.

In it for the long haul, but considering 2020 leaps after it corrects.

$YY maybe

That price tag seems way too ambitious. When are they anticipating on reaching that price?

Attached: Screenshot_20180607-171540.png (1080x1920, 125K)

t. triggered pothead
you think everyone else and their dog hasn't already thought about this?

BILI

what's so funny about that?
its actually extremely ethical of them

I just wished they would skip the lame ass fore play and just vote on this shit already.

I am stating the obvious but tech companies are supposed to sell people's personal data

I am wondering, what can't of marketable data can you extract from soulless, slant-eyed, rice eating, useless chink scum ?

Wouldn't that make all chink tech companies worthless scams ?

>tfw the racist is an idiot
I wonder - maybe because there's 1.3 billion people in China that they can extract and sell data from? Maybe similar demographic countries want to use data from people with similar profiles?

Attached: 92DD8740-A48D-41ED-9954-0ECDECFF6F41.png (750x1334, 79K)

KEK

>Chinese tech companies

That's true, but how often do we all say that something is priced in, and then the price moves anyways?
Sometimes it's almost like saying
>Ugh. I don't feel like using my head and doing the math today. The market did it for me.

I don't smoke and I have 0 interest in playing dudeweedlmao stocks.
It's just something that I've kind of been picking up on lately, that the phrase is sometimes more of an excuse for laziness or lack of interest.

>lame ass foreplay
Kek. That's great.

>Wouldn't that make all chink tech companies worthless scams ?
They ARE all scams.
But, they're chink scams, so they're propped up by the Chinese government

>the type of data they sell: "ching chong nip dong nong rice rice rice rice rice rice rice"
>100s of billion market cap
yeah nah

Red is like green in stocks right? But what does the - line mean?

It is foreplay, all the arguments brought up on both sides have been brought up in the past already a hundred fucking times. I wish they would cut the shit and the filibusters and just get to it.

lol

double scam in my opinion:
>dubious accounting practice from the chinks
>the data those companies sell is basically trash; even data about cockroaches would be more valuable

Your arguments were
P R I C E D
I N

Every week day the line makes a zig zag from what I can tell. It’s fun to watch sometimes.

Ugh, that looks heavy, m8. What bags are you holding?

No, no, no, the data is a meme. Nothing interesting or of value has ever come out of that country.
The Chinese government is propping up these glassy knock-offs of advanced tech companies to help create a facade of there being something genuinely interesting and of value to gather data on.
This is all about those tourism bucks.
Have you ever even seen the Baidu or Weibo website? They aren't real.
They're shell companies meme'd into being something more at the insistence of the Chinese government.

Got some pocket money to play with should I hold some walmart or starbucks?

>when you dump a stock for no reason right before it dumps
hahaahah. feels good man. Kroger

fuck off commie nigger

Attached: 1528335582076.jpg (225x234, 54K)

Dank. See? you get it :^)

I just really liked the word choice

I'm hoping that this upcoming rate hike will give investments in those companies a better shake down than it's giving the rest of the tech industry right now

This is why a lot of Canadians want the senate overhauled or scrapped completely. It's always like this, not just particular bill. Minimum the senators need to be elected rather than appointed.

Vote won't be until after 6:30 EST.

Idk why but nothing triggers me more than people who can’t read out loud. You don’t have to be a fucking actor just not sound like a second grader.

God man, I have taken my part in local politics and all I have to say is that it's a fucking circus. It's all for show and anyone who holds any serious political beliefs is a fucking moron because it's all just an illusion.

wow, what a sell off

I got to turn this shit off, I thought US politics was bad but this is terrible.

/smg/ has become the bogs

Attached: 1517745373381.png (964x912, 542K)

dunno, there really should be a lot of debate before legalizing marijuana desu its a big change thats hard to go back from
the senate's decisions will affect millions of lives for the better or the worse

We are not worthy, the Bogs are Gods.

What? We have already seen the effects of prohibition. Let's fucking skip all the abstract bullshit that these senators are bringing up against legalization and look at the people who are effected by this. Should someone really get their life fucked over by the law for a joint?

All Canada cucks get the gas

i have 1000 dollaros to spend on stocks

what should i buy tomorrow morning

you dont understand what motivates your political opponents or you assign evil intent to them
the people who are against legalization have their legitimate reasons and until you understand and acknowledge their point of view you will come off as a child

House of commons (elected) already does that. Senate is supposed to be "sober second thought", instead it's unelected fools leeching the tax payer teet and fucking around for 6 months before doing their job (some of whom don't even bother to show up for).

You should save up at least 4,000 dollars more but hey I guess there is always something that shoots up like crazy. Friday is also usually a terrible time to buy since people are afraid to hold over the weekend.

I really fucking hate the smell of weed so I hope it stays illegal in my state until the day I die. At least cigs don't fucking contaminate the whole area with a suffocating stench every time someone lights up within 50 feet.

Attached: sdadad.jpg (800x592, 62K)

>you dont understand what motivates your political opponents or you assign evil intent to them
No you fucking don't, you naive twat. Have you ever even taken part in local politics or any politics at all? In the end, it's all about money and using platitudes of ethos or pathos to push that dumb shit. If you really are dumb enough to think politics is about the people then buddy you are in for a rude awakening. Jesus you are dumb.

I know local politicians and it's 90% personalities and people.
In towns and cities that are small, policy can't vary that much.
It's just middle aged white people bitching at each other in a public setting.