Why do people dislike suburbs so much? I think suburbs are comfy and nice

Why do people dislike suburbs so much? I think suburbs are comfy and nice.

Attached: suburbs.jpg (3658x2458, 3.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_towns_in_Newfoundland_and_Labrador
youtu.be/CWMT45keW64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they are special snowflakes who think that having the same as others is below them, and can't enjoy peace and quiet.

This is the Suburb general, we who live in suburbs will come together and rejoyce!

Attached: American Suburbs.jpg (1912x1072, 531K)

Attached: 15SPRAWLsub-superJumbo.jpg (2048x1631, 940K)

Attached: Våpentilsalgs.jpg (760x1106, 179K)

These houses look like they're made out of shitty cheap materials, also they're ugly.
And why do americans only put fences around their backyard ?

Because they are
And it's so pets don't wander

>light a matchstick
>the whole neighborhood wanishes in a poof
Whoops!

Why not just put fences around the whole property then ?
Also is this house style popular in America ? The big ass columns that don't support anything, the weird roofs, it just looks like people trying to look rich. Are they the people who buy these ugly houses ?

this is probably somewhere in a flyover area with cheap land and laws governing what kind of structures can be built and where.
building brick and mortar houses exist but there in actual nice, "historic" neighborhoods of major cities and they're expensive as fuck.
also these kind of houses really aren't flimsy pieces of garbage like you're making it out.
they''re enforced with bricks and other material.

You can't just walk anywhere if you live in suburbs, can you?

>Why not just put fences around the whole property then ?
Because usually you don't let pets out onto the front lawn and even then why would you
>Also is this house style popular in America ?
To an extent
>The big ass columns that don't support anything, the weird roofs, it just looks like people trying to look rich. Are they the people who buy these ugly houses ?
Usually it's the poor-to-middle class that buys these houses

>it just looks like people trying to look rich
Bingo.

It depends I guess.

My own neighbourhood, pic related, has everything nearby. But then again, this isn't USA.

Attached: muhh.jpg (1600x1053, 562K)

How far is the closest grocery store or a movie theater?

This. Fuck suburbs and gentrification

I didn't think europ had neighborhoods like this

>gentrification
What's that? is it then hipsters move in slams and make it look good? I like that if that's what you are talking about.

walk where? my parents house is in suburbs and grocery store, movie theater, and restaurants are a 10 minute walk. There is also a bike trail that wraps around most of the city so that is nice if you want to bike

3 minutes, 5 minutes (with imax and everything)

Fences in the back are for autists

Norway is almost entirely neighbourhoods like this, we only have small city centres and then sprawls of houses outside them.

Attached: dsc1494-01---.jpg (4798x2364, 3.4M)

some are alright but the ones that are just all the same house or are massive are pretty shitty

>3 minutes, 5 minutes
That's good. I like your neighborhood then.
> imax
meh
Other americans usually say that you can't live in the suburbs without a car, so that's why I'm asking.

You can walk or bike pretty much anywhere where I grew up.

it's a drain on a society
>huge waste of water/electricity due to extra for fuggin 4ppl/house, nevermind the construction work and materials needed to build and maintain it
>public transport services are none, you pretty much require a car to get almost anywhere outside of a 10min walk
>most are made of shitty drywall on wood frame, whole house can go up like a bonfire, turn to scrap wood in certain winds, no matter what will need structural repairs ($$$) within 40yrs minimum
>an absurd waste of space, in almost every home there's a "guest room," two rooms meant for "socialization" (family room/living room)
>huge front yard and back yard, often used for little else than a tiny flower garden and a reason for a lawnmower, instead of filling every square foot with based root vegetables
>the one-upsmanship among suburban neighbourhoods, muh christmas lights, muh halloween decorations, etc
>almost no socialization and strong social ties, as most people move on avg every 5 years anyways, alsways confirmed 1 or 2 people flipping homes on the block

That's good.

yeah it just depends on the city and neighborhood, there were a few neighborhoods throughout the city that would have been in walking distance as well, but some were just too far out and bordering on farm land

Yes, it also slowly raises rents and you have to move out to some other slum, maybe farther from your job.

The pre-war “suburbs” around older eastern cities like Chicago are nice, but that sprawling stuff does nothing for me.

You don't like imax? Point was only that it's modern.
I'm not entirely sure how different american suburbs are, but I can't imagine that it's fun for kids to grow up with only concrete beneath them. Where will their tree huts be built? Where will they ride their bikes and get dirty? Where will they put up their tents? And so on.

optimal housing right here, and often less than 300k CAD per house

Attached: D869_34_479_1200.jpg (1200x800, 210K)

My parents live area like this. My own flat is in somali gommieblock suburb. Life is fugs life. Few more years and i will move back to rural-ish suburb with houses, cant wait it

Why do Finland have so much commieblocks?

It is quite similar in all nordic countries but there's also areas where apartment buildings are scattered around like in pic related

Attached: asuinalue.jpg (1400x892, 831K)

Soviet quasi-satellite from 1945 to 1991

the virgin town house vs the chad mcmansion

Attached: Screenshot_20181014-092459_Firefox.jpg (1080x1139, 572K)

*vomits internally*

The real answer is rapic urbanization in 1970's when lots of countryside kids were growing up into young adults and moved to cities to seek for better living standards and career prospects than in the countryside towns. New areas had to be planned and built quick so everything was done in a grand scale and especially in Helsinki region neighboring towns grew fast into cities. I believe there was similar situation in Sweden which led to the million programme.

This is the optimal housing.

Attached: 068_678120987.jpg (1600x900, 773K)

Metaphorically a mass tomb.

i counter with pic related

Attached: Jelly_Bean_Row_(7701369614).jpg (2400x1600, 1.95M)

I'm happy this didn't happen here. Very depressing, and when you build them they probably stay there for 100 years being ugly and cancerous.

Attached: 893_790746734.jpg (1200x800, 137K)

Malakies, rents in Metaxourgeio etc are still cheap.
So what, should you leave a place a shithole? Fuck that mentality.
You cannot demonify an entire situation because of bad examples

colourful commieblocks

Check, and reraise!

Attached: DSCN1460.jpg (1024x768, 634K)

this happened here, the government relocated small outport communities over the last 50 years because of a) the lack of predicted development in these >500 pop. towns, and b) the cost of managing infrastructure in these towns is a huge drain

there's well over a hundred of these towns, many over 300 years old, you can still go and see them though
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_towns_in_Newfoundland_and_Labrador

Eh, I guess it's call and reraise.

Or is it SEE and reraise?

i have a feeling that our regions share similar styles of housing senpai

Attached: 19950728-bay-de-verde-nl-northern-avalon-penninsula-013.jpg (2252x1527, 1.08M)

Well, obviously rent in a good neighborhood will be higher than in slums, but it doesn't mean that slums are good.
>You don't like imax?
I don't like 3D. It doesn't add anything of value to the movie and here all movies in 3D are shown with dubbing, and I like to watch movies with original audio.

these look american yet you all complain about american homes looking soulless

Attached: 1543233160350.png (242x210, 134K)

Not if this is the housing you speak of. Pic related = 99% of Norway.

Attached: Very_typical_and_average_norway.jpg (1600x898, 414K)

What? I have not complained about American homes at all. I made this thread to counter those who do. Albeit I will say that the boxes shown in many suburb meme photos of USA is not very nice style of housing.

Imax isn't 3D
I hate 3D too.

δε γουστάρω τα χιπστερ μπαρμπέριkα kαι τα sushi take out

maybe not, ours are a little different i guess

Attached: TRinity.jpg (800x600, 334K)

Here they only show 3D movies on Imax screens, so I thought that there is some technical reason behind it.

Κανεις μας.
Αλλα η οντως αναβαθμιση μιας περιοχης με βαψιματα kτλ kτλ δεν ειναι kαkο. Τ'αλλα οντως ειναι του kωλου τα εννιαμερα.

Εγω παντως με βαψιματα τοιχων, ουσιαστιkες kαλλιτεχνιες, δεντροφυτευσεις kτλ kτλ ειμαι υπερ.
Αρkει να υπαρχει λογιkη kαι προτεραιοτητες.

Τωρα οι χιπστερομαλαkιες εkμεταλλευονται μια γενιkη kατασταση...

Those look like greenland houses first and foremost. But there are examples of somewhat similar houses in some rural norwegian 30s housing. Pic related is one. But these are very atypical now.

Attached: Odda.jpg (2048x1365, 1.83M)

>american education

They stay only when needed. In some of the smaller cities in the North they've begun to take some of them down due to diminishing populations. And you can usually rebuild them again as comfyblocks anyway.

Well, this is happening in Oslo right now.

Attached: 69892891.jpg (1200x630, 315K)

Not commieblocks per se, but it isn't very pleasing to the eye.

Attached: 812_147970498.jpg (1200x751, 297K)

Nope not at all

Ah, how these conceot photos amuse me. The Sun always shine and the pristine streets are crowded by orderly people.

I kinda like it...

in erdogan's turkey they just build whatever the fuck they want

Attached: piknikbahcesi_banner.jpg (1358x756, 410K)

they are as soulless as they look

Is it logical to make these with grey sky instead?

Most people on Jow Forums are poor people. They are unemployed and live in a commieblock.

suburbs are horrible places to live

They look pretty good actually when compared to commieblocks in lesser countries. This is thanks to Alvar Aalto

youtu.be/CWMT45keW64

Attached: 0b8c78f2.jpg (1920x1440, 375K)

good design but should be taller

and then they should tear out that giant road behind them

they might be comfy and nice but they suck when it comes to so many things it's not good to build them

they're like non-electric cars, they might be convenient and cheap but in the long term they're cancer and we must phase them out

suburbs make infrastructure expensive(and everything else, services, water, electricity), traffic worse, they're worse for the environment, they are simply non-efficient