What are some good Spanish language films to watch as I learn Spanish? Ive seen Tu mama tambien...

What are some good Spanish language films to watch as I learn Spanish? Ive seen Tu mama tambien, Los lunes al sol y Pans Labrynth and I enjoyed all 3 very much.

Attached: espanol.jpg (1163x771, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CiNjUG-M9AI
youtube.com/watch?v=LlG3mZxL0hM
youtube.com/watch?v=gpEh4O8Hb5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=herbXyBQqNg&t=61s
youtube.com/watch?v=JL_cvyZjlc4
youtube.com/watch?v=OeVp9S1HzqI
youtube.com/watch?v=MO3xvPyBzmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

El espinazo del diablo is the best del Toro movie. I also kind of liked Volver.

El espíritu de la colmena

abre los ojos

Gracias. Most spanish films tend to be quite dark, no? theyre great at making horror movies.

Butterfly's Tongue is pretty good (these all seem to be about the civil war)
This. Devil's Backbone is actually better than Pan's Labyrinth IMO.

>This. Devil's Backbone is actually better than Pan's Labyrinth IMO.
It looks great, im downloading it right now. unfortunately I cant find Butterfly's Tongue.

The Spanish civil war is pretty aesthetic for movies desu

The Untamed. You'll thank me later.

Ill thank you now. this looks bizarr. I like that.

Macario is one of the best and most underrated movies

Roma, from Alfonso Cuaron i haven’t seen it but is said that is Cuaron’s best movie

La ley de Herodes also explains the state of Mexican politics

Attached: B3A9C9A8-6E6C-4522-B0EF-BA88D1B2961D.jpg (620x438, 38K)

Airbag (Comedy)
youtube.com/watch?v=CiNjUG-M9AI
Torrente (Comedy)
youtube.com/watch?v=LlG3mZxL0hM
El laberito del fauno (Pans labyrinth)
youtube.com/watch?v=gpEh4O8Hb5Y

also
>Alatriste
youtube.com/watch?v=herbXyBQqNg&t=61s
>1989 Los Ultimos de las Filipinas:
A group of spaniards that dont believe te news that Philippines were lost to the USA and keep fighting sheltered in a small church

last two Argie movies I've seen were Secreto de sus Ojos and El Clan, but then again you're probably not interested in Rioplatense Spanish.
You shouldn't just look for "movies in Spanish," at this point some accents have become almost dialects, fucking with the way verbs are conjugated and letters are pronounced

Attached: Torrente.jpg (400x353, 41K)

My spanish is so basic at this point I dont think it matters. how diferent are mainstream accents? by mainstream I mean like typical argentinian accent vs typical spanish accent? is it comparable to say, someone from glasgow vs someone from British Columbia?

start with torrente, trust me leaf

Attached: Torrente2.png (1440x810, 779K)

accents are almost perfectly mutually intelligible, it's just words being used in many different ways that may throw you off, or that are not even obeying the formal rules of the language, lower classes tend to be the worst offenders coming up with the most fucked up accent and slang for each country, so stay away from stuff like vlogs hosted by the neanderthals of society
I think some Peruvian accent is usually regarded like the one with the most 'middle of the road' feel for almost everybody
you could also just look for movies/anime with dubs in Spanish, the companies that make those go out of their way to make sure the dubs are perfectly intelligible in most of Latin America to sell to a bigger audience
Spaniards do their own dubbing tho

I haven't seen many of them

>The Spanish civil war is pretty aesthetic for movies desu
Yeah I have a forever unproduced screenplay about the Spanish civil war (and novel)

care to share? or at least more details?

amores perros
9 reinas
relatos salvajes.
el topo.

I very much recommend Los Olvidados by Buñuel, it has a heavy Mexican dialect but the plot is too good of a movie to not watch it

"Una pajita sin mariconadas"

>Torrente
I remember this shit, they used to play it on our HBO when i was a kid all the time, shit was cash.
There was also some abhorrent video game based on it iirc

also, this is pure kino, but not exactly in spansih, apparently

youtube.com/watch?v=JL_cvyZjlc4

El castillo de la pureza
El lugar sin limites
Veneno para las hadas
Arrebato
Tras el cristal
Plácido
Roma
Rojo amanecer
Tesis
Principio y fin
Esperando la carroza
Canoa
El extraño viaje
El ángel exterminador
El esqueleto de la señora Morales

Attached: canoa-596779197-large.jpg (404x599, 50K)

>pair of poor orphaned twins from a Republican family (father dead on the Madrid front, mother killed by Franco troops at the end of the war). >they get sent to an orphanage, and then split up for recalcitrance (refusing to sing Falangist songs, hail the picture of Franco, etc.)
>girl is adopted by a wealthy Francoist landowner and his wife.
>She misses her family but realizes that her adopted family is actually very nice people and not the soulless fascist monsters she expected
>Slowly begins to get used to her new life.
>Meanwhile her brother runs off and ends up joining a band of Republican guerrillas in the mountains.
>absolutely seething over losing his entire family
>slowly becomes more and more unhinged and radicalized until he's a Stalinist sociopath whose only joy in life is killing civil guards and priests
>and dreaming of the day he's going to find his sister and redeem his family
>one day a few years later his guerrilla band's latest sabotage action brings them right onto the estate of his sister's adoptive father
>shit promptly goes downhill

Nacho Libre

>My spanish is so basic at this point
and watch entire films already, where they speak like machine guns?

maybe you should start with something like this

youtube.com/watch?v=OeVp9S1HzqI

wrong link

youtube.com/watch?v=MO3xvPyBzmw

I hate Mexicans

>Torrente
Absolutely based, is the 3rd one any good I've only seen the first and mission in marbella

Chicano shit.

I'm sure OP knows the fucking alphabet

Don't get me wrong, the story you wrote is good but i wish we had more historical and well made movies that aren't ALL about the Civil War. I'm jealous of the anglos, who make excellent movies and series about every single aspect of their history, not just WW2 or whatever. Also most historical spanish movies and series are like cheaply produced TV dramas, with emphasis on relationships between the characters (cheesy love stories etc.) instead of the action or the period itself.

Attached: cake.jpg (480x360, 33K)

Just read the history books, they are always much more exciting than any film could be

That's basque or euskera if i'm not mistaken
>Torrente
TSK, CHINITA, CHINITA

You're right that nothing beats your own imagination, but I wish i could see something centered on the Cagayan battles, the battle of Cartagena de Indias, or the Eighty Years war, they'd make for great movies or series imo, though I'm scared about what would happen if spanish did it, we turn almost everything we touch into telenovelas

>we turn almost everything we touch into telenovelas
Seriously! I started watching "Elite" on Netflix, what started as an interesting thriller turned out to be a cheap melodrama

telenovelas can be good

Attached: 1476784471150.jpg (960x718, 52K)

Take for example Cagayan battles, I bet instead of badass fighting scenes between ronins and tercios, they'll turn in it into drama love triangle between japanese and spanish captains with native filipina princess, I can already see it

Attached: 1494011417605.png (375x455, 49K)

> they'll turn in it into drama love triangle between japanese and spanish captains with native filipina princess
That doesn't sounds bad tho

Are there any good Spanish movies or shows about the conquest of Mexico? I'm surprised there's no big budget hollywood movie about it honestly.
With good special effects and acting the scene of Cortes and his men riding into Tenochtitlan for the first time would be absolute kino.

If it was secondary element sure, a way to increase tension between the characters, but they'd make it the main plot and center this hypothetical movie around it

Agree with that

Yeah I definitely get what you mean. I wish America made historical movies about shit besides WWII and the Civil War, too (how are there no good Mexican-American War or War of 1812 movies?).
I only come up with that story because the Spanish Civil War is a big personal interest of mine.

Not that I know of, I hope Mel Gibson made a continuation to Apocalypto, I loved that movie