/Suburbs/

Let's gather together suburbers! We live comfy, and we are proud of it! Urban rats are jealous of us!

Attached: Neighborhood.jpg (3869x2574, 3.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrdu9-nfWZA
youtube.com/watch?v=CIya0jAE8Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=C-c0k7FTIps
youtube.com/watch?v=B9RFedWWScI
youtube.com/watch?v=6qEMj7UeUuE
youtube.com/watch?v=Cf_HWSDEJY0
youtube.com/watch?v=h5uqc__5u_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ihciZWr4LQs
youtu.be/h34FxEpIaaU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_centre
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Don't mow lawn for a month
>$200 fine from HOA

Mow your lawn then

Based. I want to live in an Australian suburb.

Attached: file.png (1366x657, 1.42M)

I currently live in a hotel

It's comfy ngl

ITT poorfags

Fuck you it's my lawn

My cousin lives in one of those. He was severely depressed when he came to visit my apartment. Can't blame him, his house is nice.

Attached: 1535514841260.png (480x515, 306K)

>HOA
More about these mythical HOA's?
I don't even know where any are.

I would do this if I was rich tbqh

Pretty based thread. I like American suburbs from what I can gather. Can't imagine living any different.
Pic related, my parents' neighbourhood.

Attached: muhh.jpg (1600x1053, 562K)

Are you from Melbourne?

Thank you guys for confirming my suspicions that any anti-suburb euro posters are just jealous ass flaming faggots.

It must be annoying to need to hop on a car everytime you need to shop for anything

Comercial areas should be separated from residences.

>can't walk to the store....
I knew it wouldn't be long before this came up

a superior thread : )

Attached: 43583600450_dd13decc5f_k.jpg (1536x2048, 897K)

Not if the residential area is that spread out.
I've actually spent some time living in a suburb in around Boston. Luckily it was close to the main road so I could just walk to a CVS store. I can't imagine what it would be like to live boxed in like pic related.

Attached: 20180421_usp504.jpg (1280x720, 296K)

Close, from a town about an hour away

>I can't imagine what it would be like to live boxed in like pic related.

I can't either, I've never seen anything like that.
Where the fuck do you people find these pics?

Attached: subUntitled.png (1428x563, 1.97M)

By typing "american suburb" on google image. So you're telling me that these neighborhoods don't actually exist?

Attached: urban-sparwl-02.jpg (3072x2304, 2.64M)

They won't look too bad once the trees mature. Also a few pines in the backyard wouldn't be bad either.

t. lives in an old suburb like that

Attached: muh street 2.png (1700x825, 3.03M)

They must exist somewhere, I've been building houses for 18 years, it amazes me at all the crazy shit you find.

Even city neighborhoods in the city of Detroit look better than that.
Pic related, a black neighborhood in Detroit
Any house is still better than any apartment.

Attached: Untitledpw.jpg (1543x665, 428K)

Nearest grocery store is only 3 minutes away. I have everything nearby.

Fuck off, I live in that and I hate it. Cager genocide now, my people are urban

Why don't you go rent an apartment in the city then?

Why would anyone be jealous of living in Copypastia?

>implying that inner city buildings aren't copypasta either

because ppl from Trzin and Murgle have got more money than you

>Any house is still better than any apartment.
You clearly have not seen the brazilian idea of row housing before.

Attached: 43.jpg (640x426, 108K)

>Any house is still better than any apartment
Lie of the century

Meant to post this one. Typical brazilian houses for poor people.

These are in California I think. The europeans aren't entirely to blame for criticizing it, looks pretty souless.

Attached: houses.png (528x704, 552K)

>no garage space
>no lawn
>no backyard
>no ownership whatsover, rent until you die
That's a no from me, dog

But it's not copy pasting. You Sure, houses may look the same from the air sometimes when you mostly see rooftops, it gives the illusion that all the houses are the same, but they're almost never the same.

Attached: 3784889.jpg (2100x1180, 786K)

>no garage space
Wrong. Plenty of modern buildings have underground parking lots with ample garage space.
>no lawn
This is more or less true.
This is also wrong. Not every country has the strong landlord culture you do. At least here people normally have complete legal ownership of their apartments and the building itself is owned collectively, working effectively like a compact neighborhood.

And?

lol

That's better than American Sim City towns but you're still stuck in rows and rows of houses with few trees in between.

There are lots of trees there, isnt there? And of course the nature, woods and mountians starts right outside of that image frame anyway

It would be okay at a tenth of the scale

I fantasize about being teen in American suburbs and having super hot girl as neighbor and seeing her changing clothes and later jerking off to that

>it's bad because there's too many people
Does everybody live in small dense villages in Slovenia? Because that wouldn't work for many countries around the world.

Unfortunately not but I'm lucky enough to live in a village of less than 200 people

Ok, so why would you complain about it then?

YEAH LAWN 'EM

Attached: innocent plants.png (1500x1200, 126K)

I'm not complaining about anything, I'm simply trying to understand what good anyone sees in suburban settlement.

It's better than the alternatives, rural is too far away from commodities and urban provides no personal space

out of my window

Attached: 20181202_143222~01~01.jpg (3822x2491, 2.75M)

The list of things you can do and have in a house vs. an apartment is much longer than that.
I'd type it all out but they would start crying.

Well, I guess America high urbanisation does change things
It's funny, our cities would be considered 90% just suburbs by American standards.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x969, 3.77M)

Same here. Typically a small city centre, maybe some Old Town too, as seen as an old fort down there, and then the rest is just sprawl of houses.

Attached: 01-Fredrikstad-fredrikstad.jpg (2048x1365, 1.29M)

>I want to live in an Australian suburb.
Yeah, most are nice, and I wish I had the money to reach one. I live rural. Rural is bittersweet, as it has maximum comfort, every time I look out my window it's pretty and quiet, but you must drive a long way to anything. If I get bit by a brown snake, of which there are many IM FUGGING DEAD :DDD

Also girls are statistically much more metro-oriented here. The ones that haven't already left fucking hate it and constantly dream of city life, and they think you're a backwards loser if you have no intentions of leaving or are unable to leave. Next to debt, a lot of farmers in Aus commit suicide out of loneliness.

Attached: tumblr_pa8r7awb0H1uvsi7jo3_1280.jpg (1280x853, 194K)

That star thing is so pretty. Some European city/town plans are amazing.

How much do houses like this usually cost? Usually if you want to live in a decent house like that here it will cost you +1mil

It's a star fort from the past. It's not really like someone planned it to be there in a modern city. But it's there because the old town grew into a modern city, and the star fort is still there maintained for muh history purposes.

Well you shouldn't get rid of it, it's nice. We don't have any of that stuff here.

I agree of course. It is indeed very nice. Many of our old cities have kept historical parts of the city. Pic related Bergen's old medieval town.

Attached: C_4zcw9XkAI1pUA.jpg (900x1200, 187K)

Will be soon enough

>no garage space
It's not like all houses have garage houses either. And as stated, modern condos come often with a garage space if you really need one (hint: you don't)
>no lawn
Good. Lawn is just a patch of earth you're forced to maintain by either peer pressure or HOA. Parks, or, God forbid, actual nature are close by, when you need to. Soul patch is a meme.
>no backyard
Again, what do you need this for? Grilling party once or twice a decade?
Lol. You can rent or buy a house or a piece of comfyblock, there is no difference here.

Looks like you've been had by the Big Carboard.

Reminds of Japan.

Finnish suburb

Attached: 34207453.jpg (1024x607, 122K)

Attached: 3923342cc36b0483aadae8228df80080395547e6.jpg (1024x768, 270K)

I'll have to visit somewhere in Europe one day, some of it's like fairy tale stuff. My mom's actually obsessed with Norway. Norway in particular too, not like Iceland or Sweden. We have no connection to the place, but she loves the colorful towns you have in those fjord areas. She saw one of the many travel shows we have here did a piece on Norway and a Norwegian girl with a thick accent was showing some moon rock or something that is in the fjords to the host, and my mom's like "... The women there are so, like, robust and solid, like she would knock you down if you antagonized her."

This is nice.

Attached: DksMlPEXsAAZFpP.jpg (1280x823, 62K)

Renting small appartments can't be very nice. I'm happy that I live in my own house.

Muh view.

Attached: 20180724_182441.jpg (3686x2174, 1.44M)

Commieblocks aren't suburbs or I'm a suburbanite

I agree with this.

In some ways it is indeed suburbia like, ample parking space, greenery, outside of city center, strip malls but living inside an apartment is diffrent than a house

youtube.com/watch?v=jrdu9-nfWZA
youtube.com/watch?v=CIya0jAE8Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=C-c0k7FTIps
youtube.com/watch?v=B9RFedWWScI
youtube.com/watch?v=6qEMj7UeUuE
youtube.com/watch?v=Cf_HWSDEJY0
youtube.com/watch?v=h5uqc__5u_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ihciZWr4LQs

Attached: maxresdefault11.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

Comfy enough but too many commieblocks everywhere

Those are fortress fortifications, they are common across Europe

What do you have against commieblocks? Affortable housing for the youth and students. For 500 euros a month one can get 30m2s or more of living space in a clean apartment and they even get to bathe in a communal sauna as part of the deal.

youtu.be/h34FxEpIaaU

Attached: 15421458599759_original.jpg (640x427, 19K)

That's depressing.

Would you rather live with your parents?

I would live in a house
Why don't you guys live in houses?

>abandoning your home and your family

I've always wondered.

What the fuck are you supposed to do while living in the suburbs as a kid before the age you can legally obtain a driver's license and drive a car?

>commieblock-tier tract housing with no trees
Disgusting, I can't imagine living in a place like that. A good suburb would be like pic related.
It's a legitimate concern
I lived a mile down the road from a busy intersection in a comfy neighborhood, it was nice being isolated from the city while still being able to walk to civilization

Attached: boston suburb.jpg (800x600, 146K)

Get driven around to soccer practice by your mom in a minivan

Attached: CRO_Cars_Soccer_Mom1_06-14[1].jpg (598x436, 255K)

>childrens' football
>a huge stadium with floodlights
>car is parked in the middle of the field
what the fuck

Attached: guy fieri gun 85.png (85x85, 19K)

Have you never seen an american movie?
You hang around with your buddies on bikes, you play in treehouses, play football, play in the woods, and play videogames like all normal kids, hang out in the mall, and a lot more.

You can do more as a child in the suburbs than in the city centres, especially when you're young. What do you do in the city centre? I imagine you can't play in the streets because it's not safe, and so on. There's a reason families prefer suburbs with child friendly houses.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you, proxy britfag

You can clearly see that the OP neighbourhood has newly planted trees everywhere. It will look pretty great in 10 years.

Britfag? What gives?

>city centre
Definitely not an American

You're some kind of retard, aren't you?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_centre
Poland has city centres and suburbs.

>The term "city centre" is primarily used in British English. In North America, the term "downtown" is used.

Not to mention the spelling of "center"
Who are you and why are you pretending to be American?

Downtown is not appropriate for polish cities.

Why does Jow Forums hate suburbs so much? Suburbs are quiet and comfy

Attached: C0EF836E-F5A4-4964-AA8E-B12EAEE3A40F.jpg (1534x1736, 2.75M)

You suffer from autism

>I'm gonna have to disagree with you
Why?

>You hang around with your buddies on bikes, you play in treehouses, play football, play in the woods, and play videogames

and you can add that somebody always has a swimming pool you can use

suburbs are great to grow up in, but now I want to be away from everything

Answer the question please

Houses are 50 times less efficient, we'd rather have nature close by than have a desolate suburbia cover half the city.

You would have nature all around you with houses too. Your argument is invalid.

By mixing different types of people you avoid creating ghettoes and no-go-zones and create equality and prosperity instead. Classist societies with their segregation are cancer.

Yeah that too

No, because your neighbours house need to be somewhere, which takes room from nature. Are you daft?

Well, how do you prevent segregation? People will do that naturally.

And right now your neigbouring commieblock has to be somewhere, which takes room from nature.

>By mixing different types of people you avoid creating ghettoes and no-go-zones and create equality and prosperity instead.

I guess you've never been to any major cities.