What non-french learn about France

I'm really curious to know what non-french school teach about French history ? What event ?

Attached: napoleon-1er.jpg (625x952, 160K)

We learn you were based and helped us win our Independence

Its a shame DeGaulle was a butthurt fag and soured US-French relations

franks taking over former roman land
charles martel/ charlemagne
norwegian and danish vikings settling in normandy
norman invasion of england
enlightenment
french revolution
napoleonic wars

Yeah we learn that all of his politics was base around
"How to piss of US and UK ?"

A lot. Much of our early history is tied to yours. We learnt about the Norman Invasion, 100 Year's War, French Revolution, Napoleonic Wars and our joint efforts in the both World Wars.

It's also a shame you guys tried to kill him a few times

In argentina they taught me gallic france, frankish france, medieval france (specially 100 years war),napoleon and the revolution
No crimea war, no franco prussian war,no napoleon III, no ww1, no ww2 , no modern shit. Or at least not in detail

Louis XIV
Don't remember what was taught though

It's a shame you detrayed us as soon as you got your independence

>Charlemagne
>Giant gap
>100 Years War
>Another giant gap
>American Revolution
>Oh by the way France was this super powerful and influential country sorry we just kinda gleaned over that
>French Revolution
>Napoleon
>WWI except giving the French almost no credit until suddenly saying "Oh by the way France lost almost an entire generation in that war sorry we just kinda gleaned over that."
>WWII
After that pretty much nothing, maybe touching on the Suez Crisis but after that literally nothing

Nothing, really. We study a lot about nazi Germany though.

*Betrayed

You came and established peaceful trading relations with Amerindians. Also made babies with them too.

We learn about
1. French degeneracy, in the form of Versailles baroque
2. French barbarism, in the form of Le Terreur
3. French aggression, in the form of Napoleonic wars

Its say that De Gaulle recognise Communist China 5 years before the US only because NIxon will read on Mao chair " DE Gaulle Was here"

halt dein maul

You talking about the revolution? US was an infant country, we literally had no logistical means to help in any real manner

At least we distracted the brits in 1812

Non tu

No there is also the fact that during the revolution , france ask US to pay is debt in money to help the new governement.

And the US respond " We are in debt with the kingdom of france not the republic so no"

one of my favorite scenes throughout the French history is when they got allied with Turks. what a sacrilege

Attached: 1280px-Francois_I_Suleiman.jpg (1280x768, 225K)

Thanks for Jay's treaty burgerbro, our country was a modern Africa tier civil war torned shithole at this point but we still managed to reorganize and fuck up any superpower that stood in our way all alone

france has always had a habit of allying with nonwhite invaders. they were even going to ally with the mongols

We are even in a military alliance with the USA!

the french pulled every dirty trick to stop the Habsburgs from gaining power. even allied with the protestant forces in the 30 years war even though they were catholic themselves.

>"Oljeitu Sultan our word. To the Iridfarans (King of France) Sultan. How could it be forgotten that from ancient times all you sultans of the Frank citizens have dealt peacefully with our good great-grandfather (Hulegu Khan), good grandfather (Abaga Khan), good father (Arghun Khan) and good brother (Ghazan Khan), esteeming us near although you are far, pronouncing your various words and sending your ambassadors and gifts of health-wishing?"
>"Our nation has been interlocked (peacefully connected) from the land of the Nankhiyas (plural for 'Chinese') where the sun rises to the Talu Ocean (Mediterranean Sea) and our roads have been tied together."
ugh... what could have been

Attached: OljeituToPhilippeLeBel1305.jpg (1785x1519, 375K)

Mainly just the Rainbow Warrior

>Charles the great
>100 year war
>Jean
>Louise XIV
>revolution
>napoleon
>WWI and II
This is what I recall.

One of my favorite movies

Attached: gH3f5AM.gif (350x147, 1.81M)

French revolution of course and Napoleon, surrealism and dada

Personally I'm interested in Georges Bataille

>Blaming governments for using realpolitik
Bismarck would be ashamed of you right now

0, but we barely learn any history at all so...

It's Soviet tier propaganda tho

Here in France we learn that De Gaulle was based because he didn't kiss american foot as much as the others did

I don't care, let me pretend my shitty country had a friend even if it was only for a short time

so what did she do? i want to live in the Deer Brothel she built too

Attached: Boucher_Marquise_de_Pompadour_1756.jpg (1280x1471, 2.48M)

the power rank of history of others countries teached here goes

1) france
2)germany- spain
3)uk

POWER GAP

4) arabs/ottomans,
5) russia
6) holland
7) american colonies
8) east asia
9) the rest

>All these made up warcrimes
And that too

fuck I forgot austria hungary wich goes to number 3 and uk to number 4

Voltaire's Encyclopedia, Descartes, Montesquieu, Rousseau, Lavoisier, Pascal, Ampére... then nothing much
Napoleonic wars are only cited as one of the causes of the fall of Spanish Empire in the Americas

I think it's a genuinely fun movie, but anyone who thinks it's historically accurate is a retard whose opinion should be ignored. It exaggerates the ever-loving hell out of what the British did, and throws tons of totally made up events into the mix, but on its own it's a solid time.
It's like American Revolution fanfiction or something, don't take it seriously and it's a lot more enjoyable.

i never read anything from a history textbook nor did i go to the """lessons"""

That they're the creators of the contemporary world.
Brazil used to be a huge frogboo country

French Revolution, Napoleonic wars, etc. Don't really remember much else as its been a while.

Positivism was a hell of a drug
dog bless Auguste Comte

Yeah it's a nice 18th century rambo prequel

We repaid the debt with d-day

i learned about the french revolution in my school

Napoleon is somewhat idealized here, even though he really, really shouldn't. He's even mentioned in our anthem. Polacks are stupid and praise the manlet that used them as cannon fodder just because he promised them independence.

based and redpilled

cringe
de gaulle was based

We learn that Charlemagne was a French king who conquered the uncivilized German hordes

cringe and bluepilled

napoleon a little bit

of course the revolution

thats about it, but dont worry, we dont learn about other countries any more than this anyways.

Attached: 300px-Yorktown80.jpg (300x232, 19K)

I forgot we do spend time on the french revolution

What we learned at my school:
1. Roman-Gallic Wars
2. Charles Martel (who is described as French)
3. Charlemagne (who is described as French)
4. Norman conquest of England
5. Hundred Years' War
6. 30 Years War
7. Colonization of North America
8. French participation in the American Revolutionary War
9. Quasi War
10. French Revolution, Haiti, selling Louisiana
After that point, France doesn't really come up until the World Wars

Forgot to mention, we actually did learn about the Frankish conquest of Gaul and the Merovingians a bit, but they're more background for Charles Martel and Charlemagne

I didn't really like history in school but mostly Napoleon and revolution

Literally this.

This if anything. I only remember being taught about aprthied (ANC were the goodies), a very brief section on WW2 (mainly holocaust, not conflict) and a huge amount on WW1. From what I remember about the wars, it was more to do about the lifestyle of every day people during the wars, not the reasons behind the conflict.

pretty much this

Keep in mind why he says who could forget the friendship with Hulagu. I bet you didn't learn in school that Hulagu's mother, queen/wife, and general, were all Christians and the leader of the Church of the East, Yahballaha III was probably a Mongol who was from Beijing, and he attempted to unite the Church of the East with Roman Catholicism so several known Western missionaries were travelling in the Mongol Empire at the same time as Marco Polo.

So that's a pretty different situation from allying with the Jihadist Ottomans.

Also I believe his grandchildren were going to be the first Christian emperors of Ilkhanate but they converted to Islam.

Pic related

As for OPs question:
> Gaul
> Charles the Great
> Hundred Years War, superficial
> Advent of absolute monarchy
> The Philosoph(sp?), primarily Voltaire, Rousseau, and Montesquieu because we're yanks
> 7 years war as it related to the French and Indian War
> French revolution
> Napoleon (worst guy ever status is fading somewhat here)
> Colonial hi-jinks (mostly Algiers and Indonesia)

Attached: beaton.jpg (700x284, 68K)

Bump

fought against Britain almost its whole life, colonial power, one day the people got tired and beheaded their king, they created the republic, commies love them cuz muh révolution, feminists love their language, commies sing la internacionale after they finish doing their marchs

Charlemagne, the Crusades, the 100 years war, Richelieu, the 7 years war, the revolution(s), the Napoleonic wars, WW1 and WW2. De Gaulle is probably the last French leader most Russians are told about in school. I like to think that the Russo-French relations have been pretty good over the past few centuries. Hell, de Gaulle even visited Russia in 1966 and he even came to my Siberian city. There is a special section dedicated to de Gaulle's visit in one of the subway traincars here.

I like you très beaucoup Russia

Attached: 1351103997134.png (280x285, 72K)

Nous vous aimons aussi

Surrendermonkeys

Gay language, violent African colonization, brought down the monarchy just to institute another monarch, human rights based on individualism and bourgeoisie ideals, enfin, stupid-ass country that unfortunately was influential. Best France was Gallia, but even then Versingetorix wasn't able to win against a fucking Italian. Asterix is dope, though