Why do Brits and Aussies call cookies "biscuits"?

Why do Brits and Aussies call cookies "biscuits"?

Attached: 087d17eb-500e-4b26-abd1-4f9ffa96a2c6.jpg (800x450, 79K)

Why do you call them biscuits "cookies"

unironically autism

if it has chocolate chips in it it's a cookie, simple as

Biccies, actually

The ones in your picture would be called cookies, but cookies are a type of biscuit. Just that that's the name for that specific type of biscuit

Holy fuck I want a moist chocolate chip cookie right now

Because that's how you write it in french.

You think you're speaking """english""" but actually your whole language is just mispronounced french words.

this, these are all biscuits but the round ones with chocolate chips in them are cookies.

Attached: skynews-met-police-biscuits_4235525.jpg (1096x616, 91K)

Then what do you call biscuits?

Attached: How-to-Make-Biscuits-Baked.jpg (600x400, 43K)

Because that's what they're called.

both

Attached: 5458D642-D1E0-441E-A50D-A7F3A2239B2B.jpg (1000x750, 151K)

That's a scone.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK

It is called biscuits, you brainfart Murican

nah they just look a bit like them but aren't sweet, i feel bad for non-americans because american biscuits are delicious

Scones are only if they're sugary. What do you call Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits?

Attached: copycat-red-lobster-cheddar-bay-biscuits-2-1219131.jpg (1500x1000, 466K)

Scones aren't biscuits.

Cookies are a type of biscuit.

Other biscuits include digestives, chocolate biscuits, gingerbread, custard creams, wafer biscuits and shortbread.

Those aren't scones.

scones aren't that sweet you just have them with sweet shit most of the time. Why would you have lobster cheese and whatever the fuck that is with them thats fucked.

They look almost identical to scones. In any case they are not biscuits.

American Biscuits are not sweet at all, biscuits are savory.
Maybe in Poo Peeland.

Attached: chickenbis.jpg (490x365, 31K)

its uncanny valley food i cant take it

>American Biscuits are not sweet at all, biscuits are savory.
?????
I've had American biscuits in USA, they are definitely sweet

>Why would you have lobster cheese and whatever the fuck that is with them thats fucked.

That's like saying shepherd's pie or chicken pot pie or lamb pie is "fucked."

Attached: Merida.jpg (704x786, 85K)

Not sweet for our standards, we have a high tolerance for sugar

>None Anglo's debating the intricacies of the English language.

Attached: lass.gif (408x225, 1.76M)

They're very good, especially with sausage and gravy
I've lived here my whole life and live in the South where they're popular so your opinion doesn't really mean much to me desu. At most they are very mildly sweet at times but scones are sweeter.

Attached: gravbis.jpg (757x390, 45K)

scones are just flour, salt, baking powder, butter and milk. Vanilla extract and squeeze of lemon optional

so they're used like yorkshire puddings basically?

We call those in your pic cookies

Yeah what the aussie said, what the fuck are you talking about mate? Scones are not supposed to be sweet. American biscuits are definitely sweeter

We also call them biscuits. Maybe rest of the world except US does that.

Wtf didn't know aussies ate yorkies, not a food I thought would travel

Some scones might be similar to them than, not sure. Anytime I've had them they've been nothing like biscuits. Like pic related.
Somewhat comparable I suppose, they're a bit crispy on the outside and fluffy flaky on the inside.

Attached: scone.jpg (585x362, 44K)

haven't seen them as much here but in NZ lots of malls have a roast type place that always has various meats, yorkshire puddings and gravy

They make them in the US too sometimes.

Attached: roast chicken w yorkshire pudding.png (1120x810, 508K)

America is a madhouse, what on earth are those? You seem to have an obsession with making things sweet, like with bagels. Why do you put fruit and spice and stuff in them? Strange goings on

That's not a biscuit.
If anything, it's a bread (properly it's a scone).

Don't know, this would be a scone to me.

Attached: scon.jpg (408x553, 36K)

Wew, not going to lie I'd probably eat it, just like toad in the hole but with an entire chicken instead, would probably taste nice

Nice, I'm glad other countries know the joys of a Yorkshire pudding soaked in gravy

It's not exactly a surprise finding out that Austarlia or NZ eat British dishes now is it?

I wouldn't think that the traditional Sunday roast would last long in aus because it's so hot, I wouldn't want to eat something so stodgy if it was hot all the time (yes I know it gets cold sometimes). Never been there though so wouldn't know

It's still around but our favourite pub grub is the Chicken schnitzel I felt like a american finding out that it's German and not British.

That's a scone, a kind of cake.

"cookie" is an incorrect term for a biscuit.

It's a fucking scone. Calling them "biscuits" is just another example of Americans butchering the language.

Didn't the yanks try to claim Yorkshire puddings as something of their own, but made it a dessert?

>"American Biscuits" are not scones
Yes they are.
>These and pic related are scones.
No they aren't. Look, if you lot are going to insist on using English instead of Spanish, stop butchering it.

"American Biscuits" are not scones. Biscuits are not sugary, sweet, or tough/hard. Biscuits are soft, flaky, and buttery. Basically bread.

These and pic related are scones.

Attached: How-to-Make-Scones-Square.jpg (1800x1800, 947K)

Attached: 1543693461571.png (932x944, 241K)

Because cookie is a type of biscuit

>they call the hood of the car a bonnet
>They call a flashlight a torch
>They call a Zucchini a courgette
>They call Garbage rubbish

I've had biscuits and sausage gravy in kansas and they're not sweet. Similar texture to a scone but not the same thing.

because they drive on the wrong side

That's either a scone or a muffin

parmi>schnitty

We have cheese scones in the UK, they're bretty good/10